• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Quest Composition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello, I am new to the Warcraft III World Editor and to this website. I have been trying to create a quest for my new campaign. I was able to create the quest successfully, but not to complete it.
First Trigger: Quest 1
Events: Unit- a unit enters Goldshire <gen>
Conditions: (Triggering Unit) Equal to Protection Paladin 0000 <gen>
Actions: Quest - Create a Required quest titled ...
Quest - Mark (last created quest) as Discovered
Quest - Display to All Players the Quest Discovered Message...
Cinematic - Ping minimap ...
Set Quests[1]=(Last created quest)
Trigger - Turn off Quest 1
Second Trigger: Quest 1 Complete
Events: Unit - unit comes within 200.0 of ...
Conditions: (Triggering Unit) Equal to Protection Paladin 0000 <gen>
Actions: Quest - Mark Quests[1] as Completed
I tested this and it did not seem to work. Advice on what I'm missing is greatly appreciated! Please let me know if I need to provide any additional information. Thanks! :infl_thumbs_up:

Level 7
Welcome fellow map enthusiast!

Firstly, to post triggers, right click your trigger and select 'Copy As Text'. Then you can post it here between [trigger] [/trigger] tags.

KK, so I would suggest making all of your quests at the start of the map and then Marking them as Discovered when you come across them. This will also making it easier to organize and manage your quests.

You can't make quests at Map Initialization, so your quest init trig should be:

• Right After Initial Copy
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 0.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Quest - Create a Required quest titled MyQuestTitle with the description QuestDescription, using icon path Icon.blp
      • Set Quest[1] = (Last created quest)
      • Quest - Mark Quest[1] as Undiscovered
      • Quest - Create a Required quest titled AnotherQuest with the description QuestDescription, using icon path Icon.blp
      • Set Quest[2] = (Last created quest)
      • Quest - Mark Quest[2] as Undiscovered
Then do your other triggers as you normally would, but just mark them as Discovered, instead of creating them on the spot.

Edit: What you're doing should actually work fine, I thought the problem might have been creating and marking the quest instantaneously. Either way, being organized is good practice.

Exactly what part of this is not working?

Level 1
Thanks for your feedback! I figured out what I had missing. The layout I have did work I found out, but I was waiting for a "Quest Completed!" notice, which I had not added as an action to the trigger. I will remember your advice and put it to good use :). Thanks again! And, by the way, am I supposed to close this forum or leave it as is?

Status
Not open for further replies.