• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Cinematic problem - no cinematic mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
Here is my trigger:
  • captain quest 1
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit comes within 165.00 of Captain Steelheart 0322 <gen>
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
      • ((Owner of (Triggering unit)) slot status) Equal to Is playing
    • Actions
      • Set quester = (Triggering unit)
      • Trigger - Turn off iseedeadpeople <gen>
      • Cinematic - Fade out and back in over 3.00 seconds using texture Black Mask and color (0.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) with 0.00% transparency
      • Wait 1.50 seconds
      • Unit - Make Captain Steelheart 0322 <gen> face quester over 0.00 seconds
      • Unit - Make quester face Captain Steelheart 0322 <gen> over 0.00 seconds
      • Cinematic - Turn cinematic mode On for (All players)
      • Cinematic - Turn on letterbox mode (hide interface) for (All players): fade out over 2.00 seconds
      • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Captain Steelheart 0322 <gen> named Captain Steelheart:: Play No sound and display Finaly a Hero!. Modify duration: Add 5.00 seconds and Wait
      • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Captain Steelheart 0322 <gen> named Captain Steelheart:: Play No sound and display Hero,we are in a ne.... Modify duration: Add 19.00 seconds and Wait
      • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Captain Steelheart 0322 <gen> named Captain Steelheart:: Play No sound and display All of us would be .... Modify duration: Add 10.00 seconds and Wait
      • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Captain Steelheart 0322 <gen> named Captain Steelheart:: Play No sound and display Demon is located no.... Modify duration: Add 15.00 seconds and Wait
      • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Captain Steelheart 0322 <gen> named Captain Steelheart:: Play No sound and display For each demon part.... Modify duration: Add 10.00 seconds and Wait
      • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from quester named Hero:: Play No sound and display Where can i obtain .... Modify duration: Add 10.00 seconds and Wait
      • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Captain Steelheart 0322 <gen> named Captain Steelheart:: Play No sound and display Demon parts are obt.... Modify duration: Add 10.00 seconds and Wait
      • Cinematic - Turn off letterbox mode (show interface) for (All players): fade in over 2.00 seconds
      • Cinematic - Turn cinematic mode Off for (All players)
      • Special Effect - Destroy special_effect_quest4
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of Captain Steelheart 0322 <gen> using Objects\RandomObject\RandomObject.mdl
      • Set special_effect_quest4 = (Last created special effect)
      • Cinematic - Enable user control for (Player group((Owner of (Triggering unit))))
      • Quest - Create a Required quest titled Demon Lord with the description Bring as many demon..., using icon path ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNPhilosophersStone.blp
      • Quest - Create a quest requirement for (Last created quest) with the description Kill the demon lord
      • Quest - Create a quest requirement for (Last created quest) with the description Return to Captain S...
      • Trigger - Turn on captain quest 1 mini rewards <gen>
      • Trigger - Turn on iseedeadpeople <gen>
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
Now when the unit comes near the quest giver it fades out and in but no cinematic mode, no letterbox, and no speech at all.

Level 12
Ehm, I dont know now. I make your trigger and it works for me.

• test
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit comes within 165.00 of Peasant 0018 <gen>
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Set quester = (Triggering unit)
      • Cinematic - Fade out and back in over 3.00 seconds using texture Black Mask and color (0.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) with 0.00% transparency
      • Wait 1.50 seconds
      • Unit - Make Peasant 0018 <gen> face quester over 0.00 seconds
      • Unit - Make quester face Peasant 0018 <gen> over 0.00 seconds
      • Cinematic - Turn cinematic mode On for (All players)
      • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Peasant 0018 <gen> named (Name of Peasant 0018 <gen>): Play No sound and display blabla. Modify duration: Add 0.00 seconds and Wait
      • Cinematic - Turn off letterbox mode (show interface) for (All players): fade in over 2.00 seconds
      • Cinematic - Turn cinematic mode Off for (All players)

Level 25
I know it worked in the begining but when i increased the number of players to 8 from 1 player i tried to test it and then nothing happens, that is why i posted my trigger i thought i might have overlooked something, but now is it possible my map is screwed? I will try an test map with the trigger, if it doesn't work then my Warcraft may had some error or something.

Level 25
Yes it is an open RPG meaning you can play it single or multi player, as you wish.
Now i have fixed the problem it was at map initialization, i have made an custom variable player group = all players and then i read somewhere that player groups leak then i called an cutom script call DestroyForce(udg_MY_PLAYER_GROUP) which screwed my future cinematic.

Status
Not open for further replies.