• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Is this site dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Serbianbeast.. who fucking does want this site dead.. god.. you moron.. they are looking into fixing the issue with the space.. let the men (or women) work for godsakes..

Level 5
Well, some people do submit there art, and who like to share it with others. I don't know about deleting and I don't believe it's crap there. That's hard work and time spent just like everything else on this site, and it's rather good looking if u ask me.

Level 11
Breaking_Benjamin said:
Well, some people do submit there art, and who like to share it with others. I don't know about deleting and I don't believe it's crap there. That's hard work and time spent just like everything else on this site, and it's rather good looking if u ask me.

If people want to show a good screenshot, or an image they have maked. They could upload the image to a site like. imageshack.us, and make a thread.

I dont see the point to have the art section, and the worst of all, there is no category.
Just my opinions :wink:

Hey and what do we most want? more maps/spells, models, skins or some screenshots and other images?

Level 6
-=Emergenzy=- said:
If people want to show a good screenshot, or an image they have maked. They could upload the image to a site like. imageshack.us, and make a thread.

I dont see the point to have the art section, and the worst of all, there is no category.
Just my opinions :wink:

Hey and what do we most want? more maps/spells, models, skins or some screenshots and other images?

This is a warcraft 3 site, therefore any warcraft 3 artwork should be included, no?

Level 6
You can use artwork for many things, including stuff like loading screens etc. Besides, artwork should be cherished, its someones work, theyve put hours into it, often just to put it on the site. We shouldnt take that away from them should we?

Level 11
I can see your point. But the art section is the only thing I can see we can remove to get some more space. I dont know what else we can remove.

Its up to darky. I ofcause hope darky find another smart way.

It would be so bad if this site die.. It has so many memorys. I can remember then I first saw this site, there was only arround 20 models or so.

I pray to darky find a way :roll:

Level 6
good thing we all agree. now stop the chatter, return to the news page and click on those silly ads. darky won't mind a few extra bucks...

(if you don't see the adds, turn off adblock and reload the news page; adds should be on the right side)

Level 32
This depends on what your definition of the word "dead" is. Dead is dead. Dead internet sites show a 404 or a generic search page and I don't see that .
Jaakko wrote:
Unless we are all just Undead units who came out of their graves and logged in.
Thats what I see: hundreds of visitors every day with at least 30 or so present at all times. The (currently) dead upload capability will certainly give the good map and model makers more time to perfect their creations and will, hopefully, be resolved by the powers that be to the satisfaction of most users.
edge[d1] wrote:
now stop the chatter, return to the news page and click on those silly ads.
Point taken.

tmnp1.gif

Level 10
Well, if money is the problem, I would also spend some to the site. But I will only give them money if I'm sure that it will be used for the right thing and the site gets back to old glory. I'd like to see how much is needed and how much was already donated. And then I'd like to know what the admins plan to get the site up again...

Oh and concerning the art section's space... 800 images x 200K for each image are about 160MB I think... not the problem of this site and it would be sad to see it gone. :(

Level 6
All is silent. Forums echoing of emptyness, resources drifting into oblivion. The only sign of life being the few loyal crusaders crying for salvation in this god-forsaken wasteland. A static online counter whisper tales of a former glory.

Have faith, despaired one! The sun will rise once again and bring a kingdom restored. The sweet tone of a maiden's praise shall caress the grass on which you lay.
Banish fear and doubt from your heart, let fill it with hope of what's to come. Soak your face in the sunshine of your dreams, and tomorrow will be a sunrise away.
Faith take us there.

Status
Not open for further replies.