• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Getting tired of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Clord said:
WarcraftIII.net I get right votes not just 1 and 5. It is better place host maps expect that limit is 2MB.

It is better place because experiensed mappers etc actually rate my resource and give it 4-5 star when many vote. When here one person voted my Clord Hero Siege v1.40 to two star I wonder if he played it much online.
No one needed your advertisements here, if there was a site better than this I would have just left this site and go there, but bummer, there isn't such a resource site that is not dead at this moment besides wc3search.

Level 2
Yes you kown what i'm gonna say...i totally agree :)

I hate when poeple think they are superior and vote 1 without saying what to fix if it is so bad and i fthey are so good so i search they're name in author list and I look if they are better then me... I have some exemple...look at this it's frustrating...humm i hope not only for me!

http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Art&ID=1030&sid=56331d2229f13a2bb08717496701499d

http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Art&ID=1031&sid=56331d2229f13a2bb08717496701499d

look at Wartner post!

Level 25
Make it so people who have uploaded something are the only ones who can comment and vote

And if their something gets deleted, then they can't upload or vote any more

Sure its harsh, but its a way to limit how many people comment on things, and a temporary downvoting solution

Level 16
No. Then half-assed submitters will rip something unknown to downvote. Take cryptfiend for example as one, although he is no longer active. Lastly, maybe we should just prevent a voting system for
1: DC items
2: Items with over 10 votes of 4+
3: Vote-protected items made by moderators

Level 4
well ok its not the good way to rate something and not posting any reason but may be he just forgot or the site crashed down while he voted (this site is actually very slow sometimes) and he didn't return to your spell, and indeed, it hit myself for some times, too. But I don't care because actually you can see if a spell is good or not (by taking a look on the images). And I think you react in a wrong way. A whole news just because someone voted a "1" with no reason? That could be compared to "whining" (because some may think you do that because you feel ashamed because your optimal 5 points rate has been broken).

I agree its not fair for not posting any reason but I think if you give the community the chance to rate then you should accept it or you need to edit the function and you have to make the voter voting & commenting in one step (make sure the voters vote is shown in his comment so he can't cover his vote with a normal comment), you understand what I mean? :)

May be you should tell darky about this, it would be a good feature anyway because then self votes would be reduced because guys that vote for themselves a 5 don't look very good in public. (Well i sometimes did so, too)

//edit: To the poster over me:
It's no solution to harm voters for their votes by deleting their ressources or to bar them from uploading their own ressources, because then this site will loose much of it's charme and their won't be so many users in the future. Because the less this site can feature the less people will join the com or use the database. So no good idea.

//edit2: Sry i just saw that Vexorian didnt post the news tT

Level 13
@DeadDogNoGoWoof: Why would adding Super Mods help? All that would do is take away from the current Super Mod's position. Tightening rules will not help, and onl;y Darky has the pwer to add mods.

@Deathbringer: There is not much we can do with Darky gone since only he has control over the sections of the site. The only solution is to have the users cooperate with the rules.

Level 2
Superawesomeidiotwhothinkshesbetterthaneveryonelse1337!!!!!oneoneo11neonone!!!!!! said:
1)0N7 13 H81NG 0N N0013Z W33Z 13373Z @ U @RN7!!!!1!!!!!!!!Oneone one oneexclamation point!!!!!!
SUK MY FOOD NIPPLE! !!!one one one!!!!!1on1!11on!1on!!onwwon!OWNO!N!OWNO!NWO!NO!N1on1ON!O!N!OWN!ON!OnO!NOnoN!ON!ON!oNON!O!N1ON!!!!

The wise words of a dumb*** wth is the point of doing this stupid kind of crap.
I bet n00bs just wake up in the morning, scratch their balls and go "Today is a fine to day to vote 1 on everthing in wc3campaigns."

"After all who cares, it the internet?"
We care.
Ita a comunitee that people have worked hard to form, not to make a profit(well maybe), but to connect WC3 users and To help people share what they've made.
I dont understand how people get fun out sheerly disrespecting people that are offering you the service to be able to share files freely, and download them freely. If you are not a map maker, or a person looking for a map, ou shouldnt even glace at this site. Why come in here and try to have fun out of ruining a useful and good website. Seriously what runs through your head. "What an idiot, how can he understand the fun, hes to stupid, i hate him." Hmm, wake and smell the flowers douche. We dont need or have time for your stupidity. I come to this site everyday seeing if i can find something useful, get some inspiration for a map and all i see is a buch of stupid comments from a bunch of 2 year olds saying you suck, and perfectly good material being flamed like they just killed your family. Just shut your little acne infested face. If you dont have anything informitive and/or constructive to say, dont say it.

I realize this post isnt very infomative, or constructive, but it need to be said.

Level 3
theres nothing like the feel of participating in a community so im agreeing here as everyone else( hooray for conformity), and seeing a good thing being wrecked hurts my left toe

perhaps a non-space bar character limit coupled with the ratings being displayed by the raters name would encourage justification in comments and ratings

for example:

some guy wrote: 3/5 this model/skin/spell/map/whatever is <insert crit/comment here> because its <insert crit/comment here>...

by introducing minimum character limit that doesnt include spaces as characters means the we can avoid comments like

SuM n00bXOR wrote: this sucks/is great 1/5 / 5/5 /10000000000000/5

or

SuM n00bXOR wrote: <insert about a million spaces here>

and by only being able to vote with your comment means that if some one goes out their way to fill up x amount of charatcers to give a 1/5, odds are they are flaming and easily mark themselves as rules violators and as such should get warned/banned for their criminal deeds

participation in a community is privelige not your god given right

that said noobs are not always tools cos we all have to start off as a noob at some point. its just a matter whether the noob is mature enough to be responsible amongst like minded individuals. I became a member of this site so i could participate with said like minded individuals in a creative community

personally i love to justify my comments. in fact the rule in my house is that if you can justify your actions/comments you can get away with it, which stimulates creative counter arguments to have the end all justification.

that also said im back from my holidays so i should be making more submissions soon. starting the sections agian from scratch sounds like a good idea. but keep an archive of old ones to settle any map/skin/model stealing issues

-I'm going to the special Hell-

Level 4
No one read my comment... :? (or no one cares :cry: )

This site runs like a real live community, there will allways be some people (Criminals) doing theyr bidding.

These "Criminals" may be "little unexperienced children" whos hasnt yet learned to live in a community.

I had my time as a "Retarded noob", but i got my discipline and now i am here as a useless member who has learned his lesson and is behaving somehow good and commenting my comments in this "Conference" about the "Criminals".

One last time, These Retarded Noobs are just children starting theyr days in this community we call wc3sear.

some of them will learn to live among us, some dont and they will be locked in a prison (we like to ban them)

The so called "Elders" just arent that old enough to understand this thing.

(If telling the truth) This site would be pretty boring if there were nothing to complain about - besides then we wouldn't need moderators :lol: and that would be bad for the moderators there are now, eh?

I Hope at least this is readen even though there are alot of comments here...

- Elf Warden Thanks you for reading this!

Level 2
Well, this is just a minor idea, and I realize that without Darky, it's about as good as an amish computer, but here it is anyway:

Why not force users to give a reason for their rating? I don't mean you add your reason in your comment, I mean that there would be a text field near the rating choices, and your rating will not be accecpted without a reason. Then, if someone puts a 1 with a reason of "SUXORZ" or a 5 with a rating of "AWESOME!!1", the ratings can be reported to mods for deletion. Like it was said in the original post, someone gave a rating of 1 with no reason. And the way I see that is that it's great that you don't like a certian resource, but you aren't helping anyone get anywhere. It may be eaiser to just rate 1/5 without putting a reason, but the author can't make it better without knowing why you rated it like you did.

Level 3
well said Elf warden, i think i was trying to say that but you put it forward more cohesively

and well said olofmoleman. i joined up a few months ago too to submit my model. but then i went on holidays and havnt been working on new ones in the mean time

of all the comments posted on my model i like armels, elf wardens and lor finarfins the best. they commeted fairly and justified their criticisms which led to me reworking the model for the better. unfortunately when i resubmitted the model the link broke and i was forced to delete and re-send it, thus losing my best comments. i also get the impression that it was rated fairly. over all i'm happy with my models successes. she even made the top 7 at one point

maybe the problems lie in too high of an expectation in what is produced here, that its all gonna be solid gold 100% of the time and that the model/skin/map was made soley for their enjoyal, the creators enjoyment playing no role in it whatsoever

bah...

as elf warden said the problem makers will either grow up and participate or move along. it'll be up to elder members to set a good example and show erroneous behavior to be wrong. problem makers will make themselves stand out far more and leave themselves vulnerable to banning

-I'm going to the special Hell-

Level 3
I fully agree!

The site is just getting worse!
And as you said there is no sign of Darky, not even on MSNM.. ..He maybe doesn't have time becouse he is playing WoW so much.. ..But he could at least spend some hour(s) a week on fixxing the sites!

He finally logged on AIM a few days ago, but he too ignored me, and all I wanted was to chat with him like I always do, mostly about non-wc3 stuff.

Me thinks hes having personal problems but eh, im not sure, just a guess. He'll come back to us eventually.

And Is it just me or are any of you realizing...

Darky isn't here, which means NO implication of new systems! We have to wait it out, and work together! I swear there are like 30 ideas for systems posted here...

HardGamerDz said:
This is not just a site for Warcraft III, it is a site of a community! A site where we talk and help each other! Damm I love this site but it is going DOWNHIIIIIIIIILLL...............

Thats why there are good members, to help us, if you see that a moderator missed something or you think he can do something, just PM him, do not be afraid to report. You can only help us by reporting :wink:

Level 12
This is the first time I completelly read this thread after the day I made it.

Just some stuff:

- Vexorian being super moderator/admin == no!

Mostly because that stuff needs time, time that I don't have, and I don't really have any interest of having power, really, Moderating wc3c and wc3s's spell section is enough for my head that is going to explode soon.

- Vexorian remaking the rules: Why? the rules are already there, Opining in a negative way about a resource doesn't really go against the rules, and it shouldn't. It just harms the site and my patience, but there is nothing that can be done about that unless the comments are spam, in that case they break the rules.

---
I wasn't speaking about my resources besides the downrate, I am talking about stuff I've seen in the models and skins sections.
---

The problem is not that my resource got a 1, it is mostly that the whole Rating System is broken and it harms the site, There is no sense on having so much resources with 5/5 , and some other with 2 where they shouldn't have a low value.

My recomendation about the rating resource is to kill it and replace it with a 'Request adition to Director's choice' option or Having a People's choice system besides of the director's choice.

Or at least increasing the rating range to 100 instead of 5, or disallow the voting of certain people (you need at least 20 resources to vote, for example)

I'd preffer the people's choice award thing though.

The problem about Darky's dissappearance is that I have not seen any signs of him last 3 weeks, not in irc, not in posts, It is weird since he mantains the site, and even if he was on vacations he would have done some appearance at least.

Level 2
Apology & Feedback

I must admit I am guilty of spamming I apologise to all those ppl who wasted their time reading my post.

I've been reading this thread and I agree wholeheartedly. Without some sort of system to encourage feedback instead of 1s and 5s reviews of skins, maps, icons ect are going to have to abolished entirely.

Level 9
Juice_F said:
It's impossible to contact Darky, he was logged on to MSN yesterday but he ignored me.

I have added darky's messenger to my contact 2 days ago & I just wish I could sign in to MSN w/ this unupgraded MSN messenger. I would love to chat w/ him w/ lots of off topics & things that concern this site.

Vexorian said:
This is the first time I completelly read this thread after the day I made it.

Just some stuff:

- Vexorian being super moderator/admin == no!

Mostly because that stuff needs time, time that I don't have, and I don't really have any interest of having power, really, Moderating wc3c and wc3s's spell section is enough for my head that is going to explode soon.

Yes I agree that Vexorian had been doing his jobs well as a MOD these past days as far as I can remember since the 13th of last month. Also harper = off topic MOD, why not & I have a lot of free time & I would surely love it. I will dig deeper into the ancient archives of off topics to seal the undeads. And I think I will be active atleast for the next 25 days or forever.

Level 13
harper said:
Also harper = off topic MOD, why not & I have a lot of free time & I would surely love it. I will dig deeper into the ancient archives of off topics to seal the undeads. And I think I will be active atleast for the next 25 days or forever.
We don't need a new off-topic mod, we just need more comment mods.[/quote]

Level 2
Sorry..

Forst of all i wont too apologize.. Cuz i have made many of those GREAT! comments, but after i've red this i will truly stop those awful things and think before i comment.. :oops:

I apologize too everyone and everybody, i have learned something from this topic..

Level 6
I now have read the first 2 and the last 2 pages of this Topic and have registered just for answering here. ( ok, i do also want to upload a map of mine, but this topic is the reason i did it. Therefore this is my FIRST posting within this while site. )
My general imprssion is the following one:
- nearly only those who DO NOT flame have posted anything ( I haven't overseen those few who apologize and i congratualte those few for thei are very brave to do so. I think i would not have been brave enough to accept meself as that guilty, espazily not if all "the high ones" are against me doings! )

- many who have posted have done it the way "flamed" by this topic. ( I mean those "I totaly agree"-postings, sry if i am wrong, but i think you could have taken a bit more time for a theme as important as this one and written a few more words or even added some good ideas for preventing or stopping this evolution. )

- Next thing i mentioned is, that many have only read the first and maybe the last one ( 1 ) page of this topic and then acted as thought they do totaly know what's going on within here. ( it may be that i am one of those, but at 6 pages i do not have the time to read them all, espacialy because i have to work early tomorrow, sry if that is the case ). I would like if you ( i mean those reading only the very first and very last bit, ignoring the important parts ) start reading a bit more within a topic, before replying to it. I have truly wanted to click on the "reply"-Button as soon as i have finished reading the very first posting. BUT i have waited paitionaly until i have known most or at least many of the things discussed within the topic and then hit the button -> you are reading the result right now.

- Now i want to do, what i have been asked not to do: I will add me own way of solving the spam-problem.
I know ( i truly do ) that this may be anoying to read, but i hope that i got the best things from previous ideas and am now giving the idea for the final solution.
a) controling the amount of comments per user per time
i do not think this is usefull. e.g. if a very good comment writer is going through the archive and writing one comment after another he will get punished as well as all the spamers
b) getting some kind of notify or comment to a vote
in my opinion this isn't the best solution as well, maybe it's a part of the whole but it's not at all the final solution.
c) Conviction of commenters and/or voters
As i have thought about it i think this may be the key to the final solution:
a System within somehow the users get a conviction depending on how well they comment.
---
My Idea:
first i hope i haven't bored you whith the little Summary above, i am now going staight onto the original topic and am writing down me own idea ( @staff plz don't take this offensive in any way. I'm just hoping that one day it will be possible to add any way of solution-system to this page to make it MUCH harder for flamers to do their "job" )
conviction-system
- every user gets a conviction
- whenever a user posts a comment or a ranking it will be abel FOR ALL USERS READING IT to rate THAT COMMENT. e.g a flamer might be voted as (sry)"dumbass" while a supreme well done, several thousand lines long commend will be rated as "genious".
- while seeing through the convinctions/ratings a user has it will be much easier for mods/smods/admins to detect the flamers/spammers and anyone close to them. It might even be possible to modify a ranking done by a user depending on his personal rating ( therefor a spammer will nearly or even fully ignored, while the ranking a super-user does is worth a thousand of "normal" rankings )

---

Overall:
I hope you have read till here and have thought about it. If you haven't please scoll to the start again and at least read the capital words and the sentences around them to get a general image of what i have written here.

thx to all who had the patience to read this![/list]

Level 3
Vexorian said:
Ever got into a moment where boom! you are completelly mad against something?

I will tell you all the truth, I am getting tired of the whole site, and I decided to post this because something beated my patience

http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Spells&ID=783

A guy rated that with a 1, I wouldn't mind that much if the guy posted good reasons behind that (the rest of the other 14 ratings were 5) Man if he posted something like:

I am voting 1/5 to this because
a)...
b)...
c)...

I would understand, but arg he just voted 1 for unknown reasons, This destroyed my whole patience because I just spent 1 month on that system trying to add and add more stuff, and updating it, flooding irc with links to it, expecting to see responses on how it works, and I only got responses from 5 guys and the other were like good system and that stuff, which I didn't need, someone that didn't like appeared and just voted it with a 1! without giving me feedback.

But of course that's not the only reason that got me tired that alone would have been just an annoyance.

First of all Darky is missing, without Darky's manteinance the site is getting worse and worse, and bugs that I always tried to get fixed, for example the one that makes the model scripts acts you for stuff that was already in the war3's mpq, NEVER got fixed. For anyone who didn't note it, Darky is missing from both this and the wow site for 4 weeks, no signs of Darky life other than a link to a wow site he typed on IRC.

The average kind of comments that you get to see in the model section, people complainning because of the name of the model instead of how looked it in game, or people calling stuff a geoset merge as if it was really a geoset merge, at the end people thinking that a geoset merge is bad.

Eventually something happened to this site, where stuff stopped being judged for how it looked in the game, where art was confused with technician skills, as in who gives it more stuff to a model, I've seen perfect models being bashed because they didn't have a custom skin, oh god.

The thing got worse when a good looking skin, - yes, I am talking about my brother's elemental mage thing that I even made a post about on this forum, captain obvious! , was just deleted, while tons of other horribly looking skins (but made from scratch) stayed.

I am tired of seeing people that only post negative stuff about resources, and you never, see them posting a good comment in a good model, and when they make negative comments, they never try to help the author by telling him which was good, Destructive criticism and GREAT 5/5 !!!!!! comments are the only thing you are able to get here, and even people that always blame the site to be full of jackasses act like that.

Tired of the whole attitude most of the users of the site have, stop the trolling, and if you want to give 1 to a resource please justify it. If you are going to judge a model, skin, or spell, FOR GOD's sake:

- See it in game FIRST! (if you don't know how to import stuff, please quit making comments)
- JUDGE IT BY HOW IT LOOKS IN GAME! not on things like:
* The race of the resource (OMG IT IS A PANDAREN, I HATE PANADARES! 1/5)
* The name of the resource (OMG IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE NAME! 1/5)
* The method used to make the resource (IT IS JUST A GEOSET MEGER! 1/5)

- Make a comment only if you have more than 5, FIVE WORDS! damnit! , if you don't have more than 5 words to say don't make the comment.
- No one is going to ask you for a perfect grammar, but at least don't mass smileys/use ONLY CAPS LOCK.
- If you think the model was good, please tell the author what part of it you liked.
- Don't ever act like a moron and say 5/5 when you didn't actually rate it.
- If you didn't like a resource, try making a comment where you actually tell him which parts of it are wrong
- If you didn't like anything about the resource, I mean if you think the thing was completelly wrong, just forget about commenting and tell a moderator to remove it.
- If you think you have the right to criticise a bad model, try being at least a little modest and show that you can say good things about resources, there ARE good stuff out there and if you are so good looking wrong stuff in models, you must be good at finding good stuff on other models, If you are that kind of guy that only makes comments to show the negative parts of the models: "Nobody needs you to stay in this site, leave it please"

ABOUT rating resources:
1 - bad
2 - needs work
3 - Good
4 - Very Good
5 - Excelent

IT IS NOT LIKE THIS:
1- I don't like it
5- I like it

--------------------------------------

Now if this doesn't change I will just go somewhere else, those are bad news for me because every other site is death at this time, so to keep my health I would have to leave war3 modding or something like that before my head explodes because of whatever happened with this site that made it so bad.

This is the best thing I have seen a long time and I know exactly how you feel Vex, over at another site where I posted a map, the map (from comments from people and such) is at least a 4.98 rating, but some lame-ass idiotic noobs rated it "1" or "Horrible" leaving NO comments of why they rated it. I am getting pretty pissed myself with these noobs who think they can just downrate something and get away with it easily and never be caught! I could go on and on about those people AND the moderators who do nothing about this kind of problem, but that would be too long of a post.... Peace† (except to people that Vexorian and I are talking about)

Level 2
Understood!!

Hi I am new in here, I just have to say, that appart from some of the comments, this site it SO great. Everything I touch, works excellent. You got LOTS of stuff.
95% of it is very good quality. I have just started on a map and everytime I need anything, I just look for it in here and finds it within 2 seconds. It´s amazing that someone made something like this, free. I actually say, that you shouldn´t do all this work, without some payment. Anyway, there´s a problem and I shall write MORE than 5 words, everytime I download something and tell you my opinion. DON`T close the site, if you need help, then write me and I shall see what I can do!!

Level 11
Ok... just because Darky is no longer very often online (I wonder why) doesn't mean that we can't do anything.

A site is not only made from its moderators but from its memebers as well. Still, more moderators ARE needed in my opinion. The spells section is already getting on my nerves. I've seen quite many double if not triple threads started and nobody has deleted them. Vexorian is doing his best (so I'm not blaming you) and I believe that he split his job with The_Raven or something BUT, the spells section is in sometimes in a critical situation. No offense but I've been offline for five days and when I came back many threads were left without response. Like... 15 or even more? And I'm saying it again, I'm not blaiming you Vex. I know you are moderator on wc3campaigns.net and you have a life as well and you do a great job with the spells submitted so taking care of the section would indeed be FAR too much.

Moderators are here to help, and not only to ban and warn. Mostly I've seen moderators warning newbie just because they posted into the wrong place but it was their first or perhaps second post. Shouldn't they be guided in a nice way so that theyy feel good and secure and not just afraid to post because they might break some rules. As I posted into another thread, posts with FLAMING and HARD SWEARING are not inacceptable but posting into the wrong place (newbies atleast)...

I will continue to watch upon whatever I can but I suck completely at modelling, terraining and skinning so I only remain into the spells section (which to be honest is always fun for me...I really like to see inventive spells and try to help people make them. You can always learn new things as well through helping). But I'm asking EVERYONE on this site if he sees someone that asks for help and you feel like you have time to help him! It is very important to remain a close to each other. The first step into abyss is not caring about the others (I know it sounds pathetic but that's how things go). Remember that this site is made from its members!

I'd like to hear your opinions about my post if you feel that you have any.

~Daelin

Level 3
It seems the problem lies in the floods of noobs who ignore all the rules, and come to flame people and downrate things. There are alot of people in this crowd that just cannot be pleased, and they rate something very low and flame just because it wasn't the greatest thing in the world. Things like Cookie's Hero Enforcer model was flamed by one or two people, and I don't see HOW anyone could say that was crap. Rating shouldn't be just about how much you like it or if you can use it, but if it looks good.

To me, it seems the problem lies not within rating, but the flaming that goes along with it. The other really bad thing is all the crappy recolors, CnPs, and other 1 minute made models this site gets. I mean, my god, it's gotten impossible to just browse through the sections looking for something decent when someone has submitted over 20 resources that are the exact same thing but just with minor tweaks.

I don't think we'll be able to change the flood of noobs, but we need to buckle down and help the moderators by reporting flaming, crappy 1 minute made resources, and trolling.

TO the moderators, ya'll have done a great job keeping this place as cleana s you can, and yes it has taken a beating since Darky's absence, but what you need to do is get together one day, and go through the resources and delete all the crap resources. And if someone PMs you flaming that you shouldn't have deleted it, you should warn or ban them instead of ignoring it.

Level 3
Damn, I was planning to rant on about this eventually but you got to it first! Grrrrr :p. Meh, i'd have only written half that anyway.

I totally agree, the site should have a voting system where placing your vote on a submission also requires a text input in which you can put reasons. If they are unreasonable, moderators should be able to render the vote negligible.

Also, I have noticed that on some maps people have complained about glitches in the map or unbalanced gameplay that are CLEARLY due to using a different patch. A solution to this for authors who wish to avoid such an unfortunate situation is simply posting the patch used to make and test the map by the author, and that players who do are not using that patch should not necessarily expect it to work as the author made it. If nOObs still flame it for such reasons, they can point out clearly that they are using a different patch.

There's more, but it's all stuff that's probably been said before (which is something that gets very annoying in the forums, mind you).

Level 9
For the record, I am w/ Daelin. I like to help in the map & spell forums.

Deathbringer said:
If its alright with Oz or VG I'd like to be a moderator, I mean hell I think I read every new post that shows up on the site, I come here at least 20 times a day (if not more) I've waited to be one for awhile. I don't wanna beg, just wondering, if you guys need anymore help I'd be happy to assist the site.
DB

Even myself I am tempted to ask VG and Oz the way they logged in this site if they have access in the "go to the administration panel" at the very bottom of the forum index because there you will have access to the ADMINISTRATION, FORUM ADMIN, GENERAL ADMIN, GROUP ADMIN, STYLES ADMIN, & of course the exciting/interesting one USER ADMIN where you can ban/disallow & level up a member into a moderator or even change the user level into an admin. What you will do is just to look up for the user & tweak him. See I made my own poor site for free & become my own Administrator... :D

Level 4
---IMPORTANT--- Getting tired of this!

To tell you the truth, i am getting quite tired of this topic.

i have read every single one of the post replys of all the 6 pages and i dont like this at all.

Alot of members are posting alot of the same stuff others are posting(solutions,complains etc)

-----------------------------------
Vexorian made this topic because he mostly got tired of the spells sections situation (if understood correctly)

I mysels aint interested about the spells section and am not aware of the sections situation.

---IMPORTANT---IMPORTANT---IMPORTANT---
I have not seen anything that supports most of the complaings the members have claimed to be exicsting!

People have been talking alot about about WormSkull's flaming, Even when he has beem banned long ago!

***** Please, Show some proof for your claiments *****

~Elf Warden

Level 11
The idea of being moderator does not require only only time and reading everything. You must know what to do in situations, know who deserves a warn, who deserves a ban for something, who deserves only a warning and if the situation is even to be considered. And moreover, you MUST KNOW how to help in a lot of situations. For example I am very good in spell making and that is why I am not giving advices in other things like Skins and Modelling. I can't model and in skinning I suck. And giving advices to people if you are not sure about them is not a good thing.

To be a moderator I find necessary to have time, patience, read everything into your section, know how to act in different situations and mostly important be able to help people and give answers to all the questions, or atleast many of them. And obviously, to be active because if you are not active, there is no point in being a moderator.

If you don't have these capabilities, I don't think you have big chances to become a mod. But let's leave these little details to Darky, shall we? Though I am wondering where he is (geesh... This question has been put a lot of times by now).

And voting should be our last problem. Indeed, voting is an annoying part but most of bad raters flame as well. Flamers and chaos making members are the first ones to be taken care of. And of course, clearing people who post junks regularily even though they have been warned. Btw, isn't there a way to disallow someone to add any resources?

~Daelin

Level 3
I will confess i did rate things a 1/5 to make it a 3 for like a day or two but then i remembered... Lots of ppl who rate badly cant even make mods, so to you noobs out there before you rate ask yourself this...

Could you have made a better model, skin, or map?

Now to find out how ppl really think about what you post ppl should give reasons and post what they think.

Now next time you see a ok its fine map and its rated 5/5 rate it what u think 3/5 then when the creator comes and sees his creation he can see his nice 4 and be happy not a million and one ppl voting one just because the dont like that type rpg,loap, orc,elf

Remember what comes around, goes around

Level 11
Consider another thing. If someone says about a resource that it is a BETA version, and metions it either as: "This is just a beta version" or "This is just a first version" or something similar, then don't hurry to rate. Let him finish his resource and THEN vote. If he never updates it, wait atleast a month before rating it (if he mentions it as BETA). That's atleast how I do.

~Daelin

Level 22
Super Buu...glad you stopped, because thats not how you rate. You do not rate to effect the overall score. If you think the recourse deserves a 3, rate it a 3, even if it has a 5 and rating it a 3 wont be enouph to bring it down to a 3...

Daelin...about 80% of the maps on this site are beta...some have been beta since this site began. Any posted map is free game for citiques. If mappers dont want their map rated while its only in beta, then they should wait till its gold before submitting it.
-VGsatomi

Level 8
I knew it. The site is slowly dying. I left Warcraft III for about a year or so and came back and enjoying it! But if darky leaves this site un-attended, then..he will eventually stop paying for it...then it collapses, the greatest Warcraft III resource site ever. Vexorian, I agree with you. If you decide to leave this War3 site, then please...PM me where you are going next...I love your spells, and I download them whenever I can. They are TOP-QUALITY!

This is sad..... :( ........ :cry:

Level 12
Deathbringer said:
Actually I agree with Cookie. I think the rating system serves no purpose, I've had mods delete some of my old skins for low ratings, when their dl count was over 100. Personally I think we should go by that number instead of how many "Pretty Little Golden Stars" some newbie gave your project.

You've got point. The rating system doesn't seem to be fair. I wouldn't mind not having a rating system. And it probably be for the best since so many people abuse both ratings/comments.

Level 2
:shock: This is bad... but why doesent sum1 just email Darky to see where he is...?

About the spells and stuff... I agree Vextorian...
(I dont know if i spelled your name correct)

I think sum1 should just email Darky and ask about where he is unless he hasnt been in his email either...

if this site goes down how will i get the skins and models i use for maps? :cry:

Level 13
The site isn't going down, the problem is with the comments/ratings. I can't understand why everyone is so negative suddenly, making it sound like everything is going wrong. The site still functions properly, resouces can be submitted etc. The main problem is with the users, not the site, which is not much of a problem on its own. What must be done now is get this message across to all users on the site.

Oh, and we know where Darky is, he's on WoW. Eventually he will tire of it and come back here. It's just a matter of time.

Level 5
"conviction-system
- whenever a user posts a comment or a ranking it will be abel FOR ALL USERS READING IT to rate THAT COMMENT. e.g a flamer might be voted as (sry)"dumbass" while a supreme well done, several thousand lines long commend will be rated as "genious".
- while seeing through the convinctions/ratings a user has it will be much easier for mods/smods/admins to detect the flamers/spammers and anyone close to them. It might even be possible to modify a ranking done by a user depending on his personal rating ( therefor a spammer will nearly or even fully ignored, while the ranking a super-user does is worth a thousand of "normal" rankings )"
-Good idea in theory, but in practice there might be problems. This suggestion seems similar to the Wc3c reputation system which is also good in theory but bad in practice. The reason for this is that this suggestion (like the rep system) has the potential to be abused by the very people the system is trying to defeat. The flamers will just "negative rep spam" people for petty reasons or no reason in order to weaken their power to give conviction points/affect comment weight.

Level 9
Mr. Clean said:
"conviction-system
- whenever a user posts a comment or a ranking it...etc...

Sorry Mr. Clean it is not possible w/ this board.

orcfan32 said:
I knew it. The site is slowly dying. I left Warcraft III for about a year or so and came back and enjoying it! But if darky leaves this site un-attended, then..he will eventually stop paying for it...then it collapses, the greatest Warcraft III resource site ever.

OMG :shock: have you not seen that PAYPAL DONATE over there. Besides someone else is supporting this site besides darky.

-Link- said:
:shock: This is bad... but why doesent sum1 just email Darky to see where he is...?

About the spells and stuff... I agree Vextorian...
(I dont know if i spelled your name correct)

I think sum1 should just email Darky and ask about where he is unless he hasnt been in his email either...

if this site goes down how will i get the skins and models i use for maps? :cry:

My friend the only thing I can give you advice is that to dl everything here & sign up at RIPAWAY. You can rent a 30mb web space for free. For the record, I am not advertising neither it is my intention so please dont get me wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.