1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Getting tired of this.

Discussion in 'Site Discussion' started by Vexorian, Feb 10, 2005.

1. Max_Cola

Max_Cola

Resources:
    Resources:
    I got an idea for the voting problem. If someone could change the voting sytem then we could have it so when you click to vote something it has a Post Reply format and in order for your vote to count you must post something, and aswell as showing your post it would say your vote at the start. I don't know how well this would work though cause then we'd have down-voters posting stupid stuff aswell as rating horribly.

2. SeaGull1723

SeaGull1723

Resources:
    Resources:
    Are you saying something more like wc3campaign's art gallery? I'd consider an idea like that. But if they just put the vote, I will warn them. :twisted:

3. EvilYardGnome

EvilYardGnome

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I think for the skin section it should be burned down and rebuilt with some eye for quality in every skin or it gets removed. They don't all have to be awesome but some standard should be kept.

4. Afronight_76

Afronight_76

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    man i couldnt agree more. so many people here are abusing the voting system terribly, sometimes just to piss people off. i wouldnt mind it too much if the whole voting shit was taken off, you cant get any feedback from numbers, but you can get feedback from peoples comments. the only problem is that there are very few comments that actually help. i'd suggest either making it like wc3campaigns, or mabey having a list on how many people voted a certain number instead of giving you a general average to show how it was "lamered" when it really deserves a 5 since 10 other people voted a 5. but as for darky, he didnt leave becuse of the site, he left becuse of WoW...
    sorry, i guess i've just ignored too much..

5. Isis22

Isis22

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I think all of us agree with Vexorian (except those who proliferate the downvoting). You see all kinds of comments that flame, but are not constructive. You can report these, but you can’t report people who vote 1 on a perfect 5 map, icon, model, skin, spell, JASS, ect. True, that is a huge problem, but how is it going to be fixed? All those who do this downvoting probably read these comments and went on a 1-voting-spree.

I perfectly agree with Ander1345 that a system must be created to lower (because you’ll never rid yourself of the problem) the ability to downvote. Too much “retaliation voting” happens on the site. Having a rank would be a good idea, but also why not only let someone vote a 1 once every day or two. If somebody really had a huge problem with a map, icon, skin, model, spell, JASS, ect. then they would use up their single 1 vote and that would be that until the next day. This might cause people to give up judging poorly and actually make them start looking at the map or cause the idiots to leave the site.

Adding a whole new system of “good” and “evil” would take a lot of work and without Darky’s support, would it ever leave the ground? I PMed him about adding a new Infocard section to the Icons, but that was about two weeks ago and I haven’t heard a word out of him. I’m sure if we saw the return of Darky (especially after this post), we would see an overall improvement.

As for rebuilding the Skins or Models, that may be too big of an undertaking. If you delete all of them, you are deleting some of the best models seen to date. Not everyone will resubmit these models, leaving it open for fakers to resubmit the models that they downloaded and claim them as their own. If you decide to keep some models and delete the rest, who decides what is acceptable to keep? It’s all in the eye of the beholder. I would like to see a scouring of all sections, but this might cause more harm than good.

That’s just my two cents.

6. Clord

Clord

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    WarcraftIII.net I get right votes not just 1 and 5. It is better place host maps expect that limit is 2MB.

It is better place because experiensed mappers etc actually rate my resource and give it 4-5 star when many vote. When here one person voted my Clord Hero Siege v1.40 to two star I wonder if he played it much online.

7. Juice_F

Juice_F

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    The icon section is an mess, i would like stricter rules when it comes to submiting icons.
    i want this rules to be added:

-Must have an correct looking DISBTN (this would give me an reson to delete alot of crap since they never have DISBTN's)

-No ingame screenshots

-CnP's must be realy good looking

As for the skin section, i don't think the skin mods does their job when it comes to deleting skins. if i were an skin mod then i would have had no mercy, all useless crappy recolors, CnP and poor paint atempts would have been gone.

8. Elf  Warden

Elf Warden

Resources:
    Resources:
    I know, ive been a flamer too..(was really pissed off seeing only 5/5 rates everywhere and wanted only to point out the bad things)

and im only a member of this site because i want to see the work that people have done in here.
    and there are few work that catch my attention and get a rate from me.

But... i think that all of you are seeing the dark side of this site too dark now.
    why i actually havent even noticed these problems in this bad condition (maby moderators done theyr job before ive seen any really bad stuff)
    ------------------------------------
    I really think that there is really nothing much you can do to this problem you seem to take too seariusly.

the only thing ive seen getting bad in this site is the advanced members attitude against the lesser members
    -you want more and more rules and give more demands to the moderators to cut off allmost everything that shows that even this isnt a perfect web site-

There Is No Such Thing As Perfect!

9. demoniclord

demoniclord

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    agreed

i couldnt agree more man!! i had sumthin like thaqt happen 2 me.. like ever 1-2 posts one of them will get downrated by a 1 rating with no coment or a lie. so then people dont dl it cuz if that guy who ruined the rating.. and no 1 leaves comments 2 anythin i post its either no comment or good job 5/5 i do agree this site needs fixing and the noobs r anoyin.. :evil: :evil:

10. imported_Freakazoid

imported_Freakazoid

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm not calling names here, but Wormskull!!

See hes comments in the Icons sction.

CnP- 1/5
    Blizzard made it- 1/5
    It's a reccolor- 1/5
    Who will use this?- 1/5
    Don't steal! ! !-1/5 (and goes on and on!!)

I think he has 200 comments about 1/5.

11. Juice_F

Juice_F

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    thats not flaming, and most of the times he was right.
    flaming is like damn you suck you fucking noob

12. Pins

Pins

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I feel sorry because I know than it's me who post this :oops: . I'm sorry, i was tiring to see pandarens in the model section, I wont post this kind of comment again.

I also see myself in the "GREAT 5/5" and I'll explain more my viewpoint now.

Everyone must read this topic it help us to get better, and I admit than i was getting bored by some of the same reasons. I thought about a link to this thread in the rules...

13. stuffkikker

stuffkikker

Resources:
    Resources:
    hmm, yeh, this whole deal: right on! its basicly why i removed my resources from this site (didnt got flamed alot myself, but it still matters what kind of audience one is dealing with to be motivated to share ones hard work)
    However, i also think moderation played a part in this. For one reporting a comment hardly seems to get noticed, for i once reported vegeto (or something) for flaming, and it took about 4 months till his post actually got removed (and my guess is cuz he got kicked from this site altogether). Then the directors choice thing is offensive in the way that some high skill models get passed on while rightfield shoved his boxlike stuff straight in there for example.. it attributes to the wrong atmosphere, elitist yet pretentious (cuz personally I cant say I agree on the standards being handled for it, seen the kind of stuff there is in there, and the kind of stuff there isnt..)

anyway,
    I think voting should be removed altogether. I think its ruining the galleries at wc3campaigns as it has been ruining this place, cuz its quite obvious 99% of the voting ppl dont understand the purpose of voting (and i think 1-5 is too rough for proper voting), and it discourages people who actually desire usefull feedback (cuz "WOOHOO 5/5!!!" doesnt help anyone, and "bah 1/5" doesnt either.. and when given 10 times 5/5 and 1 time 1/5 its the last one that makes an impact, so the power of flamers and lamers is too big).
    Just comments should be enough.

14. Nasrudin

Nasrudin

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    And NOW you realize that? It's been so for months, probably many before i joined. I couldn't resist one week here. Hordes of noobs that think you're on their service. The amount of feedback you can get on the forums is near to zero. Flamers, downraters, and spammers have been ignored for too much time, and who's to blame? *drum roll*
    Honestly, there should have been rules from the start of the site; serious rules, not the ones that have been patched up two months ago. You complain that the skin section is flooded of recolors'n crap. Well, do you expect the newbies to follow the rules, when the moderators themself don't?
    http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Skins&Authors=Konblade
    If you look at this forum, you'll notice a lot of suggestion for all of the problem posted above. Suggestions that have been always ignored. No wonder the situation is so tragical.

15. Zazzadar

Zazzadar

Resources:
    Resources:
    I am sorry Vexorian :(

I am a 5/5 Great!!!! voter person :(

But your post sure swayed me so i will make sure i vote properly from now on *bow*

16. HardGamerDz

HardGamerDz

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm checking this site EVERY day and I always will find it that Darky28 seems to have left us... :cry:

When he made the WoW site he even told us that he WOULDN'T leave this site...

But hey, doesn't it cost to host a site like this?
    So he can't really have forgotten it if he gets bills about every month?.. :wink:

Or does Wc3Campaigns host it for him? :?

You are so right about the commenting! I've seen people which rates 9999999/5 while it's mostly worth 4/5 or 5/5... :lol:

I really likes this site but if Darky28 doesn't show up yet something BAD will happen... :evil:

For every ppl that has WoW, Search up Darky28 and tell him to go to this site! Btw, Is day of the Fish and Return of the Dragon ALSO dead? :cry: :eek: :x :evil: :(

17. oz02

oz02

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Everyone's solutions sound interesting and may help in some way, but the truth is that the only way this site can become the perfect place completely relies on it's users. Without Darky around we can't really change any features of the site or fix any bugs since neither myself or VGsatomi have power over the sections and general coding of the site.

@Freakazoid:
    I'm not sure what your point is - Wormskull is long gone from the site.

18. Undead_Zeratul

Undead_Zeratul

Resources:
    Resources:
    dude, vex, and every moderator on this site... I agree with all of you whole-heartedly. this kind of thing has got to stop, I, for one, am tired of these retarded noobs who think they rule the world, when there are elder members who actually know what the hell they are talking about when they rate bad on a model, skin, etc. I have witnessed people like this, and to give an example: I saw one of those knstrukt models, and I like them, I think they're pretty neat, especially since I think they're all handmade. Some guy commented "These 'konstrukt' things are neat and all, but there are so many and they're all so useless outside of a starcraft map or something, and they all seem to be pretty much the same thing over and over again." they did say they were neat, but didnt give any suggestions, he just didnt know why they were always being added to the site... If it doesnt interest you, don't post, please? If you don't get why they're beeing added, doesnt mean someone else will, and same goes for usefullness; If you can't find a use for it, doesnt mean I can't. These noobs on this site do not understand how much time and effort go into making models and skins. I for one, cannot make them, because I do not have the money for photoshop or a 3D modelling program :? .

Vex, in other words, do not leave completely, I love your work, I think they're awesome, and you must work very hard to get them to work as well as they do. It's just these damned noobs who joined just to put-down these hard-working modellers and graphic artists. If you ask me, I think if they know so much about what's good and what's bad, they should make some shit of they're own, Oh, whats that? you cant cuase you don't have the software? THEN DON'T F**KING POST! jeaz... it's that simple. I also think, that people can't vote less than a 3, or comment anything negative unless they have successfully sumbitted about 5 things in 2-3 catagories, and by successfully, I mean, about an average of 3.5/5 rating and not being removed, and actually approve people's opinion, or your a mod or super mod; not just some lame ass who hasnt even submitted a single piece of artwork onto this site, and critisizes everyone else's hard work... i just don't get it, do you?

19. Taur

Taur

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    yep

you go, wh00t i have wanted to say this for soo long, anyways ppl think its easy to mod or something, and just flame away at all sorts of models, vex i can't see u complaining about the comments since ur systems are about perfect. and one thing that has really earned a bad nam is geomerging just cause now it is automated doesn't mean it doesn't takt time soemtimes geomerges can take longer than scratch models trust me i've tried both

20. Afronight_76

Afronight_76

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    freakazoid: wormskull has never voted, he just commented, most of the time he is harsh, but other times he actually give a lot of constructive critism. it doesnt matter since the whole wormskull thing is over since he has been banned about a month ago.