• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Getting tired of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Can anyone please delete or at least unsticky this?
Sorry it took so long, I just noticed that it was still there. -oz02
------

Ever got into a moment where boom! you are completelly mad against something?

I will tell you all the truth, I am getting tired of the whole site, and I decided to post this because something beated my patience

http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Spells&ID=783

A guy rated that with a 1, I wouldn't mind that much if the guy posted good reasons behind that (the rest of the other 14 ratings were 5) Man if he posted something like:

I am voting 1/5 to this because
a)...
b)...
c)...

I would understand, but arg he just voted 1 for unknown reasons, This destroyed my whole patience because I just spent 1 month on that system trying to add and add more stuff, and updating it, flooding irc with links to it, expecting to see responses on how it works, and I only got responses from 5 guys and the other were like good system and that stuff, which I didn't need, someone that didn't like appeared and just voted it with a 1! without giving me feedback.

But of course that's not the only reason that got me tired that alone would have been just an annoyance.

First of all Darky is missing, without Darky's manteinance the site is getting worse and worse, and bugs that I always tried to get fixed, for example the one that makes the model scripts acts you for stuff that was already in the war3's mpq, NEVER got fixed. For anyone who didn't note it, Darky is missing from both this and the wow site for 4 weeks, no signs of Darky life other than a link to a wow site he typed on IRC.

The average kind of comments that you get to see in the model section, people complainning because of the name of the model instead of how looked it in game, or people calling stuff a geoset merge as if it was really a geoset merge, at the end people thinking that a geoset merge is bad.

Eventually something happened to this site, where stuff stopped being judged for how it looked in the game, where art was confused with technician skills, as in who gives it more stuff to a model, I've seen perfect models being bashed because they didn't have a custom skin, oh god.

The thing got worse when a good looking skin, - yes, I am talking about my brother's elemental mage thing that I even made a post about on this forum, captain obvious! , was just deleted, while tons of other horribly looking skins (but made from scratch) stayed.

I am tired of seeing people that only post negative stuff about resources, and you never, see them posting a good comment in a good model, and when they make negative comments, they never try to help the author by telling him which was good, Destructive criticism and GREAT 5/5 !!!!!! comments are the only thing you are able to get here, and even people that always blame the site to be full of jackasses act like that.

Tired of the whole attitude most of the users of the site have, stop the trolling, and if you want to give 1 to a resource please justify it. If you are going to judge a model, skin, or spell, FOR GOD's sake:

- See it in game FIRST! (if you don't know how to import stuff, please quit making comments)
- JUDGE IT BY HOW IT LOOKS IN GAME! not on things like:
* The race of the resource (OMG IT IS A PANDAREN, I HATE PANADARES! 1/5)
* The name of the resource (OMG IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE NAME! 1/5)
* The method used to make the resource (IT IS JUST A GEOSET MEGER! 1/5)

- Make a comment only if you have more than 5, FIVE WORDS! damnit! , if you don't have more than 5 words to say don't make the comment.
- No one is going to ask you for a perfect grammar, but at least don't mass smileys/use ONLY CAPS LOCK.
- If you think the model was good, please tell the author what part of it you liked.
- Don't ever act like a moron and say 5/5 when you didn't actually rate it.
- If you didn't like a resource, try making a comment where you actually tell him which parts of it are wrong
- If you didn't like anything about the resource, I mean if you think the thing was completelly wrong, just forget about commenting and tell a moderator to remove it.
- If you think you have the right to criticise a bad model, try being at least a little modest and show that you can say good things about resources, there ARE good stuff out there and if you are so good looking wrong stuff in models, you must be good at finding good stuff on other models, If you are that kind of guy that only makes comments to show the negative parts of the models: "Nobody needs you to stay in this site, leave it please"

ABOUT rating resources:
1 - bad
2 - needs work
3 - Good
4 - Very Good
5 - Excelent

IT IS NOT LIKE THIS:
1- I don't like it
5- I like it

--------------------------------------

Now if this doesn't change I will just go somewhere else, those are bad news for me because every other site is death at this time, so to keep my health I would have to leave war3 modding or something like that before my head explodes because of whatever happened with this site that made it so bad.

Hallelujah Vexorian I couldn't agree more, it seems as though most of use oldbies that are experienced around the site are disappearing one by one, and being replaced by a horde of newbies who have been here 3 days and start bashing on peoples work without even seeing it in-game! I swear, I sort of understand why Darky disappeared, this site is becoming worse and worse by the day.

I mean hell Its hard enough living with the flood of poorly done stuff, but also dealing with all teh bugs he left behind!

Has anyone else besides me noticed that most of the hosted projects haven't been posted in in like, 3 months?

I miss Darky :cry:

Level 5
-I fully agree with you Vexorian. I try to rate a resource solely based on how good it looks in game. I've been noticing the manners problem this site has been having since July and its been getting worse. I have a solution that might work now that VGSatomi is a super moderator. (A very belated congratulations.) Be warned that this solution is extreme, but I feel that it is the only way to save the site. There should be a new rule (punishable by current discipline system) that states that resources can only be rated based on how good they look in game. This means that it will be against the rules to bash a resource based on what method was used in its creation.
-On another note thats somewhat related to this topic and points to the opposite side of the problem, its also extremely annoying to post resources and get practically no feed back on it. For example, I have a map (check under Magnum12) that I posted here and have recieved very little feedback on it. (My first comment reveals specific feedback that I need to know about as first priority.) Its annoying because its my first map and I want to know what I can do to improve my skills. (It might also be one of the first RPG appliccations of the awesome Vexorian Hero system, but thats another story.)
I hope my suggestion proves useful. :idea:

Level 13
I fully agree with you Vexorian, and the problem is mostly resting on the fact that Darky is inactive. In this stage of the game there is not much we can do except hope that Darky returns.

I'll sticky this thread and make a news post directing to it just to help people understand about commenting/rating a resource.

@Mr. Clean:
Mr. Clean said:
I have a solution that might work now that VGSatomi is a super moderator. (A very belated congratulations.)
I don't see why that could only be done because VGsatomi is a super mod, I'm always here if you need anything.

Level 22
Regarding the skins section:

Vex, you have to keep in mind that every time we even touch a skin, we get hell over PM. Heck, I routinely get flamed for deleting maps that were blatently against the rules, with skins its even worse. We cant exactly go on a delete spree because we still dont really have guidelines to go by other then just thinning out the no-effort ones that come on the site as its posted. If we delete ones that are deep in the archive and have been on the site for some period of time, the user takes even more offense to it. I admit the skins section is basically lost. It probably would be better it it was simply started over from scratch, where we could then better monitor the stuff coming in. Thats just my opinion.

Darky just finished a major exam, so he may be on vacation. I spoke with him briefly about 2 weeks ago. But yes, his absence is a problem....
-VGsatomi

Level 3
I agree completely, the only thing I sort of disagree with is the testing stuff in-game. I agree that everything should be tested in game, but many people do not have the time, or the patience to import everything that catches their eye. I think it should be up to the poster to take really good screenshots, rather than put in all caps, LOOK AT IT IN GAME. Even if something if really good, unless I absolutely need it, I rarely go farther than Wc3Viewer. As far as the down-voting goes, I think some people are just not mature enough to handle the responsibilities that come with the power to vote/criticize. Technique for a post should not matter as well, if it's a simple C n P, so what? If it's good, then it's good, sure when it comes to talent it makes a difference, but no one will really notice talent when there are a ton of units fighting on screen.

Level 2
:x I totally agree vexorian. People rating things a 1 for no reason should have their vote changed to 5 lol. It is really ridiculous. The worst thing about rating something is a 1 is that it takes sometimes 5 more people rating the resource on the grade it deserves. A lot of people now are flaming, trolling, and breaking other rules. I wonder what Darky will even do when he comes back and sees all these flaming/trolling comments. Everyone gets a little pissed every now and then about how some people treat this site. I got really pissed and wrote a huge comment addressing wormskull, because he constantly just said things like this sucks, and he sometimes never had any comment for improvement. I am not sure but i think he has like 1400 or so comments. And to think people look up to wormskull because of his huge amount of comments. A pretty good percent of those posts are flaming. I already reported one of his flaming comments, but its not deleted.(Wasn't very aggresive at all but it just had no reason behind it.)

:twisted: Link to my Crazy Long Post about Wormskull:
http://www.wc3sear.ch/?p=Skins&ID=2855

:wink: Don't get ur hopes up over just a little jerk. He is probably foreign or just retarded.(Seriously how can someone slander someones brilliant work that took weeks to create.)

Level 5
Is there a way to make it so you can't see what the thing is rated until you rate it? That might fix things a little bit. I'm sure it won't do much, but it could help, just an idea. Another thing that might work is to have a way to record who rated the stuff and what they gave them. Then we could find out who is being such a (Insert mean word here).

Level 16
Welcome to this stupid world. Maybe we should have a system (if oz is able to) that restricts downvoting if a resource has X votes and is higher than X rating.

As for these stupid noob lingering here, I'm going to mock their stupid voting system for once

Skin: Chocobo on chicken

1- omfG it sux0rz! it duznt even hav teh 3d fethers liek in FFX LOLOL!!!! u noob sux0rz ur box0r2

5- LOLOOLOLLLL!!11 teh skinz iz so funy loL11 ur maekin meh laff

Is that all this site can have? Some people have such nerve to be so indecent in their little squabbling over something that doesn't fit their opinion. As for this, I suggest that we ban all extreme downvoters or remove the voting system

I mean, come on here! You little miniscule cretin think it's funny to vote a 1 because it's either:
1: something you don't need for your little dota-ripoff
2: Because you think it's funny to make something good look bad
3: You saw the beginning of a spell test and found out it wasn't your favorite hero
4: Imported the zip file and said it didn't work
5: Tried the skin, and it didn't work because you imported some random model
6: The attempt to hijack the model as your own failed, so you downvoted it
7: You got a virus, and got pissed off. You take it out on a DC skin
8: Mental capacity breaks from how good it is. Give it a 1 because it's too good

Level 8
quote: We cant exactly go on a delete spree because we still dont really have guidelines to go by other then just thinning out the no-effort ones that come on the site as its posted. If we delete ones that are deep in the archive and have been on the site for some period of time, the user takes even more offense to it. I admit the skins section is basically lost. It probably would be better it it was simply started over from scratch.

i say starting from scrach is a very good idea and it clears out the usless crap that gets put in there.

i agree with everything you guys are talking about and i do sence the site has went down hill.
as you all know i have had my problems with some people in here (not to name any names) we all do, its a state of conflict, we all have our enemies.
i try to give good crit to people when ever i can but half the time i dont think my comment gets read or doesn't really get taken into consideration because the author of the modeler or skinner is too busy looking at the people who flame. everyone is in titled to there own opinion but they forget that people are also intitled to say something back in defence and its that conflict thats brought the site down because you then get endless amounts of abuse because of different opinions.... if you got nothing nice to say then dont say anything wich is maby why the person voted 1 without any comment but if he voted 1 a load of times then hes ather a retard who gets excited when he presses a key or he really hates that person. i say we clear out the sections and start from scrach and then we will be able to kill off the flamers once in for all. understandable some skins and models took time to upload and they been there a long time and they still get downloaded but i feel its the right thing to do. bugs on site will have to be looked at and if darky isn't here to do that then we should relax and hopefully it all gets better soon other wise its just going to get worse and soon there will be no site at all. if any of you have spent the time to read this, thank you.

Level 3
I try to give conctructive criticism as well(on the rare occasion that I actually comment). But I think that if the site gets really bad in the future you may just have to remove comments/voting alltogether, and only allow people who have posted files of their own to comment/vote, etc. If that is possible. The main thing that gets to me are people who say little to anything, and if they do say anything it's all caps, sometimes it does us people who actually want to hear what other people have to say. It makes it easier to sort through the bull****. I'm getting off topic but I really have to say that people who simply rate it 1 and say something along the lines of "Dis SUXX0rZ" should not even bother with this site.

If i had any html or phpbb skills I would run off and start my own Wc3 resource site, one with stricter rules and limits for those with less experience.

But since I can't Im stuck here I guess, wading neck high in newbies. I vote we rewrite the rules, and I say Vexorian should do it.

Maybe for starters make classes for people, like after 25 posts you are a paladin or something, and your class determines how many posts u can post a day. This system is currently in use by another forum I am a member of called IndyDDR and its working out great, it keeps newbies from flaming others constantly.
Restrict the amount of PMs to Mods too. Maybe like one new PM per person, but u can reply to any of them you want.

I don't knwo what the hell we are gonna do but there are major problems, and someone needs to fix them!

Level 3
Making the amount of posts you can create increase as you post more would not do anything, because they would just spam. Although it would probably deterr some of them, it wouldn't really solve the problem. I think we should make it so people can only comment, not vote, unless they have posted something of their own. This would promote the interaction of people who know what they are doing, rather than people who are just out to be stupid. I also think that something should be done about useless files that someone jacks up the download counter on. I like looking at the most downloaded files because it gives me insight as to what people use the most, and what people enojy(mapwise). It really bugs me when at least one of the most downloaded files is there because some one decided that their useless creation should get in the way of real skill.

EDIT: I just thought of something. It's really out there and whacked, but it's just a suggestion. If you've ever been to Newgrounds.com, you'll know kinda what I'm talking about. Here goes:

Depending on the average of their votes, the user is given a title, such as, "evil" or "good" and when players post a file, they can opt to allow people of a certain "rank" to post, such as only people who have a "good reputation" as a benevolent voter or a malevolent one, such as if so and so is a new poster, and wants honest, contructive, nothing bad-about-it criticism, they can choose to only allow people with the matching reputation to comment/vote. I know it's really actually quite pointless, corny and far out there, but I feel that it would keep "malicious down-voting" as it has sometimes been called to a minimum.

Level 9
Deathbringer said:
If i had any html or phpbb skills I would run off and start my own Wc3 resource site, one with stricter rules and limits for those with less experience.

But since I can't Im stuck here I guess, wading neck high in newbies. I vote we rewrite the rules, and I say Vexorian should do it.

What about me and my kind Deathbringer surely i cannot join in your site because i have less experience & above all a moralist who has no palce in the art gallery.

Level 3
Notice, (quote) If i had any html or phpbb skills I would run off and start my own Wc3 resource site, one with stricter rules and limits for those with less experience.

"Newbies" and "those with less experience" are two different types of people. The problem is with Noobs, not those with less experience.

Level 12
To all idiots who post everyday useless comments: Brave Vexorian. I hate to see a resource being loaded with spam and flaming. As a mod, I'll simply destroy any comment I see is useless. And dare you flame me back for that you get warned.

Level 4
I got an idea for the voting problem. If someone could change the voting sytem then we could have it so when you click to vote something it has a Post Reply format and in order for your vote to count you must post something, and aswell as showing your post it would say your vote at the start. I don't know how well this would work though cause then we'd have down-voters posting stupid stuff aswell as rating horribly.

Level 12
Max_Cola said:
I got an idea for the voting problem. If someone could change the voting sytem then we could have it so when you click to vote something it has a Post Reply format and in order for your vote to count you must post something, and aswell as showing your post it would say your vote at the start. I don't know how well this would work though cause then we'd have down-voters posting stupid stuff aswell as rating horribly.

Are you saying something more like wc3campaign's art gallery? I'd consider an idea like that. But if they just put the vote, I will warn them. :twisted:

man i couldnt agree more. so many people here are abusing the voting system terribly, sometimes just to piss people off. i wouldnt mind it too much if the whole voting shit was taken off, you cant get any feedback from numbers, but you can get feedback from peoples comments. the only problem is that there are very few comments that actually help. i'd suggest either making it like wc3campaigns, or mabey having a list on how many people voted a certain number instead of giving you a general average to show how it was "lamered" when it really deserves a 5 since 10 other people voted a 5. but as for darky, he didnt leave becuse of the site, he left becuse of WoW...
Many of you seem to be complaining about trolls/spammers in the comments section and such...then tell me this...why arent you reporting the comments/posts? Thats what we mods are here for.
-VGsatomi
A problem got NEVER solved by flaming or violence. If you ever feel violated by a users post, goddamn IGNORE it or REPORT it, that's why we mods are here.

IGNORE & REPORT!
sorry, i guess i've just ignored too much..

Level 5
I think all of us agree with Vexorian (except those who proliferate the downvoting). You see all kinds of comments that flame, but are not constructive. You can report these, but you can’t report people who vote 1 on a perfect 5 map, icon, model, skin, spell, JASS, ect. True, that is a huge problem, but how is it going to be fixed? All those who do this downvoting probably read these comments and went on a 1-voting-spree.

I perfectly agree with Ander1345 that a system must be created to lower (because you’ll never rid yourself of the problem) the ability to downvote. Too much “retaliation voting” happens on the site. Having a rank would be a good idea, but also why not only let someone vote a 1 once every day or two. If somebody really had a huge problem with a map, icon, skin, model, spell, JASS, ect. then they would use up their single 1 vote and that would be that until the next day. This might cause people to give up judging poorly and actually make them start looking at the map or cause the idiots to leave the site.

Adding a whole new system of “good” and “evil” would take a lot of work and without Darky’s support, would it ever leave the ground? I PMed him about adding a new Infocard section to the Icons, but that was about two weeks ago and I haven’t heard a word out of him. I’m sure if we saw the return of Darky (especially after this post), we would see an overall improvement.

VGsatomi said:
I admit the skins section is basically lost. It probably would be better it it was simply started over from scratch, where we could then better monitor the stuff coming in.

As for rebuilding the Skins or Models, that may be too big of an undertaking. If you delete all of them, you are deleting some of the best models seen to date. Not everyone will resubmit these models, leaving it open for fakers to resubmit the models that they downloaded and claim them as their own. If you decide to keep some models and delete the rest, who decides what is acceptable to keep? It’s all in the eye of the beholder. I would like to see a scouring of all sections, but this might cause more harm than good.

That’s just my two cents.

Level 5
WarcraftIII.net I get right votes not just 1 and 5. It is better place host maps expect that limit is 2MB.

It is better place because experiensed mappers etc actually rate my resource and give it 4-5 star when many vote. When here one person voted my Clord Hero Siege v1.40 to two star I wonder if he played it much online.

Level 16
The icon section is an mess, i would like stricter rules when it comes to submiting icons.
i want this rules to be added:

-Must have an correct looking DISBTN (this would give me an reson to delete alot of crap since they never have DISBTN's)

-No ingame screenshots

-CnP's must be realy good looking

As for the skin section, i don't think the skin mods does their job when it comes to deleting skins. if i were an skin mod then i would have had no mercy, all useless crappy recolors, CnP and poor paint atempts would have been gone.

Level 4
I know, ive been a flamer too..(was really pissed off seeing only 5/5 rates everywhere and wanted only to point out the bad things)

and im only a member of this site because i want to see the work that people have done in here.
and there are few work that catch my attention and get a rate from me.

But... i think that all of you are seeing the dark side of this site too dark now.
why i actually havent even noticed these problems in this bad condition (maby moderators done theyr job before ive seen any really bad stuff)
------------------------------------
I really think that there is really nothing much you can do to this problem you seem to take too seariusly.

the only thing ive seen getting bad in this site is the advanced members attitude against the lesser members
-you want more and more rules and give more demands to the moderators to cut off allmost everything that shows that even this isnt a perfect web site-

There Is No Such Thing As Perfect!

Level 5
agreed

i couldnt agree more man!! i had sumthin like thaqt happen 2 me.. like ever 1-2 posts one of them will get downrated by a 1 rating with no coment or a lie. so then people dont dl it cuz if that guy who ruined the rating.. and no 1 leaves comments 2 anythin i post its either no comment or good job 5/5 i do agree this site needs fixing and the noobs r anoyin.. :evil: :evil:

Level 1
I'm not calling names here, but Wormskull!!

See hes comments in the Icons sction.

CnP- 1/5
Blizzard made it- 1/5
It's a reccolor- 1/5
Who will use this?- 1/5
Don't steal! ! !-1/5 (and goes on and on!!)

I think he has 200 comments about 1/5.

Level 21
* The race of the resource (OMG IT IS A PANDAREN, I HATE PANADARES! 1/5)

I feel sorry because I know than it's me who post this :oops: . I'm sorry, i was tiring to see pandarens in the model section, I wont post this kind of comment again.

I also see myself in the "GREAT 5/5" and I'll explain more my viewpoint now.

Everyone must read this topic it help us to get better, and I admit than i was getting bored by some of the same reasons. I thought about a link to this thread in the rules...

Level 3
hmm, yeh, this whole deal: right on! its basicly why i removed my resources from this site (didnt got flamed alot myself, but it still matters what kind of audience one is dealing with to be motivated to share ones hard work)
However, i also think moderation played a part in this. For one reporting a comment hardly seems to get noticed, for i once reported vegeto (or something) for flaming, and it took about 4 months till his post actually got removed (and my guess is cuz he got kicked from this site altogether). Then the directors choice thing is offensive in the way that some high skill models get passed on while rightfield shoved his boxlike stuff straight in there for example.. it attributes to the wrong atmosphere, elitist yet pretentious (cuz personally I cant say I agree on the standards being handled for it, seen the kind of stuff there is in there, and the kind of stuff there isnt..)

anyway,
I think voting should be removed altogether. I think its ruining the galleries at wc3campaigns as it has been ruining this place, cuz its quite obvious 99% of the voting ppl dont understand the purpose of voting (and i think 1-5 is too rough for proper voting), and it discourages people who actually desire usefull feedback (cuz "WOOHOO 5/5!!!" doesnt help anyone, and "bah 1/5" doesnt either.. and when given 10 times 5/5 and 1 time 1/5 its the last one that makes an impact, so the power of flamers and lamers is too big).
Just comments should be enough.

Level 17
Vexorian said:
Ever got into a moment where boom! you are completelly mad against something?

I will tell you all the truth, I am getting tired of the whole site, and I decided to post this because something beated my patience

http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Spells&ID=783

A guy rated that with a 1, I wouldn't mind that much if the guy posted good reasons behind that (the rest of the other 14 ratings were 5) Man if he posted something like:

I am voting 1/5 to this because
a)...
b)...
c)...

I would understand, but arg he just voted 1 for unknown reasons, This destroyed my whole patience because I just spent 1 month on that system trying to add and add more stuff, and updating it, flooding irc with links to it, expecting to see responses on how it works, and I only got responses from 5 guys and the other were like good system and that stuff, which I didn't need, someone that didn't like appeared and just voted it with a 1! without giving me feedback.

And NOW you realize that? It's been so for months, probably many before i joined. I couldn't resist one week here. Hordes of noobs that think you're on their service. The amount of feedback you can get on the forums is near to zero. Flamers, downraters, and spammers have been ignored for too much time, and who's to blame? *drum roll*
Honestly, there should have been rules from the start of the site; serious rules, not the ones that have been patched up two months ago. You complain that the skin section is flooded of recolors'n crap. Well, do you expect the newbies to follow the rules, when the moderators themself don't?
http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Skins&Authors=Konblade
If you look at this forum, you'll notice a lot of suggestion for all of the problem posted above. Suggestions that have been always ignored. No wonder the situation is so tragical.

Level 3
I am sorry Vexorian :(

I am a 5/5 Great!!!! voter person :(

But your post sure swayed me so i will make sure i vote properly from now on *bow*

Level 6
I'm checking this site EVERY day and I always will find it that Darky28 seems to have left us... :cry:

When he made the WoW site he even told us that he WOULDN'T leave this site...

But hey, doesn't it cost to host a site like this?
So he can't really have forgotten it if he gets bills about every month?.. :wink:

Or does Wc3Campaigns host it for him? :?

You are so right about the commenting! I've seen people which rates 9999999/5 while it's mostly worth 4/5 or 5/5... :lol:

I really likes this site but if Darky28 doesn't show up yet something BAD will happen... :evil:

For every ppl that has WoW, Search up Darky28 and tell him to go to this site! Btw, Is day of the Fish and Return of the Dragon ALSO dead? :cry: :eek: :x :evil: :(

Level 13
Everyone's solutions sound interesting and may help in some way, but the truth is that the only way this site can become the perfect place completely relies on it's users. Without Darky around we can't really change any features of the site or fix any bugs since neither myself or VGsatomi have power over the sections and general coding of the site.

@Freakazoid:
I'm not sure what your point is - Wormskull is long gone from the site.

Level 2
dude, vex, and every moderator on this site... I agree with all of you whole-heartedly. this kind of thing has got to stop, I, for one, am tired of these retarded noobs who think they rule the world, when there are elder members who actually know what the hell they are talking about when they rate bad on a model, skin, etc. I have witnessed people like this, and to give an example: I saw one of those knstrukt models, and I like them, I think they're pretty neat, especially since I think they're all handmade. Some guy commented "These 'konstrukt' things are neat and all, but there are so many and they're all so useless outside of a starcraft map or something, and they all seem to be pretty much the same thing over and over again." they did say they were neat, but didnt give any suggestions, he just didnt know why they were always being added to the site... If it doesnt interest you, don't post, please? If you don't get why they're beeing added, doesnt mean someone else will, and same goes for usefullness; If you can't find a use for it, doesnt mean I can't. These noobs on this site do not understand how much time and effort go into making models and skins. I for one, cannot make them, because I do not have the money for photoshop or a 3D modelling program :? .

Vex, in other words, do not leave completely, I love your work, I think they're awesome, and you must work very hard to get them to work as well as they do. It's just these damned noobs who joined just to put-down these hard-working modellers and graphic artists. If you ask me, I think if they know so much about what's good and what's bad, they should make some shit of they're own, Oh, whats that? you cant cuase you don't have the software? THEN DON'T F**KING POST! jeaz... it's that simple. I also think, that people can't vote less than a 3, or comment anything negative unless they have successfully sumbitted about 5 things in 2-3 catagories, and by successfully, I mean, about an average of 3.5/5 rating and not being removed, and actually approve people's opinion, or your a mod or super mod; not just some lame ass who hasnt even submitted a single piece of artwork onto this site, and critisizes everyone else's hard work... i just don't get it, do you?

Level 11
yep

you go, wh00t i have wanted to say this for soo long, anyways ppl think its easy to mod or something, and just flame away at all sorts of models, vex i can't see u complaining about the comments since ur systems are about perfect. and one thing that has really earned a bad nam is geomerging just cause now it is automated doesn't mean it doesn't takt time soemtimes geomerges can take longer than scratch models trust me i've tried both

Level 9
The sad thing is, the first post, is all true....
Comon people, at least try to tell what/why you like/hate something.... sheesh

getting further into this topic, I think that we should now stop saying 'i totally agree with you, this needs to stop' and such, but that we should relaly take action, even if it means someone else running this site, not darky, because hes too busy paying his 17.99 a month for internet wow play :? . though he seems to have dissapeared from wowledge also..?/ Well first: Vexorian should be a super moderator/site admin for all intents, purposes, and flashy nametags. mods should make some serious productive changes to the rules, like tighter submission stuffs, and MORE MODS. mods are the shepereds, and we are the lambs. What follows are myy beliefs, and to avoid more words, ill take the place of a mod:

What Mods should do:
when people post ANYTHING ANYWHERE, the post needs to be atleast 3 lines long. Like Eusira suggested, no voting a 1 when resources have 'X' votes 'X' high. Be On More. Many mods i see i have never heard the names of before, and dont seem to be doing much, though, of course, i might be wrong. Have more strict resource guidelines. If something doesnt go in accordance to the rules, without a second thought, contact the author and take down the resource. This should done more openly, and more often. On the other hand, people-warning needs to be taken care of more carefully. Though these people i have heard might be lying, I have heard posts saying how they didnt do anything, and had no idea what went wrong and people got confused. Though a really don't want to bring this up, I was unfairly warned for 'map stealing' maps that were actually in fact mine. VGSatomi made a mistake, im certain they were mine and had no affiliation with other people. And my map file doesnt exist at all on this site, and I have no idea where VGsatomi could get info that those maps were someone else's, without a user telling him/her. I don't wanna go in any further deatail, in the chance i could get banned.

I gotta go right now, update this later.

DDNGW

Level 2
Ok, that's it. WoW sucks. I'v never played it but I hate it.
I have read a lot (that's how it's spelt!) about it and it looks great, but way too many features. :?
And yes, I do like RPGs.
Do we really have to pay so much for so little? I'd rather be gay. :shock:
I'll bet you that Blizzard meant to name it World of Warcraft. (WoW for short)
I hate making long posts.... zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.........
No, I didn't read that much, but still, a lot.
Long posts...... Moo says the cat...

Yea I worded that statement wrong...

See that post above mine? That is a newbie post... ^_^

Earlier I meant those people who show up and act like they run the place, but they have absolutley no experience. Bad wording on my part :p

But I say when you vote, you have to leave a comment with it. That would solve the problem of crap like that. Or maybe change the averaging system somehow.

Also someone mentioned earlier about Newbs disrespecting the elders, well I agree with that... reminds me of the time I got flamed cuz a newb thought...
"You've almost been here a year and aren't very high on the power tree, man your a newb!"
^
that my friends is disrespect, and pure stupidity...

Thank god it was deleted...

All I know is we are a modding community not a bunch of newbies who complain about everything! We need to work together to solve these problems, we need to show we don't always need to rely on Darky!

As I said once before, a long time ago in the IRC chat...
"I'm gonna laugh when Darky leaves to do something else and you all go crying for Darky cuz hes not there to fix your problems"

Its true and its happened. So we are left with a decision here, work together to solve the problem, or keep complaining and nothing will get done.

Level 4
I agree with all of yall about this... but I hate to be the one to point this out but...

Its probable that most of the people your complaining about in this thread would never take the time to read it...
Which means you're preaching-to-the-choir and most of the random-voting noobs will never even notice that their actions are being frowned apon.

Level 22
clord: WarcraftIII.net I get right votes not just 1 and 5. It is better place host maps expect that limit is 2MB.

It is better place because experiensed mappers etc actually rate my resource and give it 4-5 star when many vote. When here one person voted my Clord Hero Siege v1.40 to two star I wonder if he played it much online.

Let me get this straight...you think people vote more responsibly at WARCRAFTIII.NET!??? Excuse me, but that place is a living example of how the whole system went %$#ING WRONG!!

clord: experiensed mappers etc actually rate

Thats quite ammusing sincemost of the people there map like they are begginners...or bored people just posting their spam...

clord: actually rated my resource and give it 4-5 star
case rested.

There is not a single aspect of wc3 site handling that I cant point to that place and say "See? Things here really could be worse, just look at warcraftiii.net."
-VGsatomi

Level 5
topic

vexorian i totally agree with you. its annoying to see good skins like hueter's downrated just because some asses dont like it. they dont even give feedback on how to improve. its always it sucks, no shading. i myself have done this before and i seek to improve. i think there should be warning to pointless posts and the rating system just removed? people can just say what they rate it.

Level 1
I agree with the Newgrounds thing. Ive been to newgrounds numerous times, mostly cause of the great animations, and the system they have there works pretty well. Of course, at newgrounds you can always choose if your evil, neutral or good. It would be interesting to have this type of way here at wc3sear, but that is not up to me to decide.
This site has a lot, of good models, spells, maps, etc... For my map I used a lot of models and spells from this site, and don't worry I will give credit to everyone. One thing I have seen is that a model that I found really well made and good to use in my map, gets a rating of a 1. Like Vexorian said, people have to actually try the model, map or whatever it is. People need to try not just look and judge.

Status
Not open for further replies.