• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Is there any blp/tga convert tool using by command-line?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
There are icon/texture convert tools like BLPLab and ButtonManager, which are both awesome.

But after read and try them, I found both of them do not support batch command-line.
(I don't know if I missed.)

I'm trying to write a resource management tool to manage and generate icon/texture resource for warcraft map development.
And an icon/texture convert tool that supports the command-line is the key part of this pipeline.

Thank you for any hint.

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Unfortunately not. Until a few years ago people did not even understand how BLP worked properly. There are some available but they are very old and there is no guarantee they will even produce valid and functional BLP files.

I do plan to make such a tool, but I cannot give any ETA on it. Especially seeing how Reforged might not even need to use BLP anymore (all textures in the leak are .dds).

Level 3
Unfortunately not. Until a few years ago people did not even understand how BLP worked properly. There are some available but they are very old and there is no guarantee they will even produce valid and functional BLP files.

I do plan to make such a tool, but I cannot give any ETA on it. Especially seeing how Reforged might not even need to use BLP anymore (all textures in the leak are .dds).
Got it, thank you for help.

Status
Not open for further replies.