• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Is Sylvanas Evil?

Is Sylvanas Evil?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
Two days ago I was poking around and found this on Youtube:

[YOUTUBE]
[/YOUTUBE]

This got me thinking, what are peoples opinion when it comes to Sylvanas Windrunner? Sylvanas is a complicated character to put into terms of black and white as she always seems to blur the line. An additional issue is that I've to this day yet to encounter an unbiased opinion on the matter. Even my opinion is biased as I'm a massive elf-fan so Sylvanas is a character who has more than once peaked my interests.

In many ways Sylvanas is an interesting character who does, many times rather cruel and malevolent deeds in order to protect her people. And while her actions aren't as questionable as those of for example Illidan she's certainly a complicated character who needs to be discussed. Is she justified in doing what she does.

But for my opinion on the matter, Sylvanas has always struck me as someone who's willing to protect her people no matter what. And that's the key no matter what that both makes her great and forces her to sometimes go to far. From my viewpoint it doesn't seem like Sylvanas likes to create mindless husks or keep slaves, all the people under her command seem to have free will and make their own decisions as clearly seen with Lilian Voss and Nathanos Marris. Well... that's up until this happened.

This is one of two lore moments where her actions are really difficult to defend, the other being when she tortured Koltira because she's just not in a moral grey-area any more she's just plain wrong. But even though she's wrong I can, unlike when she decides to torture Koltira see why she does what she does. Her actions are absolutely unacceptable but they are somewhat understandable. During the Cataclysm we see how fragile her people's position actually is, they can't reproduce and hence slowly nearing extinction. To counter this Sylvanas gets the aid of the 9 val'kyrs, the only problem is 5 of them are now dead. The Forsaken are in constant threat of extinction and Sylvanas as well as her people need the val'kyrs to survive.

So in my opinion is Sylvanas evil? No not really, while she does what's often cruel deeds she doesn't do them to inflict pain she does it because it's her view of what's best for her people. So no I don't see Sylvanas as evil. But what do you think please share your opinion.

Her whole thing about protecting the Forsaken is pretty stupid. They're undead. If she wants to live forever, go the hell ahead, but honestly, judging by how cold many of the Forsaken get after being reanimated, and how empty they seem, why not just let them die out, if that's what they now want.

Other than that, I can't disagree with her tendency to go to any lengths to achieve her goals, regardless of the morality of her actions.

Level 24
Her whole thing about protecting the Forsaken is pretty stupid. They're undead. If she wants to live forever, go the hell ahead, but honestly, judging by how cold many of the Forsaken get after being reanimated, and how empty they seem, why not just let them die out, if that's what they now want.

Except it's not what they want, in the death knight campaign we revive Whitemane who was rather wicked in life and hence lives an afterlife of torment. When revived she more than gladly accepted a chance at redemption. As easy as it may seem to say that resurrecting the dead is bad, the dead don't seem to agree.

And as for Sylvanas, she did commit suicide and found herself being tormented by the Void Lords so that may not be a great idea.

What I'm saying is that her choice to continue to build the numbers of the Forsaken is downright idiotic. Let the dead rest. Those that are reanimated now have the choice of living on, or returning to the embrace of death. By all rights the Forsaken should not be growing. Not unless those that are raised specifically, in life, stated that that is their wish.

Sylvanas can pursue immortality all she wants, but it seems like she doesn't want to be the only Forsaken left one day.

Level 24
What I'm saying is that her choice to continue to build the numbers of the Forsaken is downright idiotic. Let the dead rest. Those that are reanimated now have the choice of living on, or returning to the embrace of death. By all rights the Forsaken should not be growing. Not unless those that are raised specifically, in life, stated that that is their wish.

And why not? I don't know about you but being granted eternal life would seem attractive to most. If you do not wish to live on as a undead you do not have to, but you're saying that the druids, the paladins, the priests, the shamans, the monks and the death knights are all doing the wrong things by dabbling in resurrection? To be honest the only real difference between what Sylvanas is doing and what the others are doing is that those Sylvanas resurrect are slightly less attractive. But if being ugly is a sin then do share. :D

Not really seeing the point, huh?

When the Forsaken are first reanimated, they tend to go through a period of great change. Seemingly one that isn't of their own choosing. Much of what was important, what made people human is apparently gone. No hunger. No thirst. No emotion. No warmth. No rest. Just coldness. Emptiness. It brings on a sort of... potentially eternal depression. The only difference being that suicide no longer seems like an escape. Hell, it probably did before they were reanimated. So they're resigned to unlife, watching their bodies rot and decay.

There are certain things that make us human, and to so viscerally lose them, we would lose ourselves. I'd wager that most any previously normal reanimated folk would slowly begin to lose their minds as the environment wreaks havoc on their remains, with the process only getting exponentially worse as they're reduced to walking, thinking skeletons.

To anyone who would want that after their death, fine. To the rest, let them sleep. It's a curse to those already resurrected. Personally, I see death as eternal rest, eternal peace. No more fighting. No more abuse. No more suffering. Most with the same view would likely immediately turn on their reanimator for taking that away from them.

Besides that, in an effort to be as polite as possible, lets try this. Lets say you've lived your life, you're an old man. You come down with something, and are fading away. You get a chance to say your goodbyes, but then, against your will, a treatment is administered. One that forces you back to life, but curses you with the most active, virulent form of leprosy on earth. You're still old, and frail, you've made your peace, only to have it torn away from you, as you watch day by day as chunks of your flesh just fall off.

There is a huge difference from being saved from a fatal blow in combat and having your corpse defiled. Having everything about the end of your life ruined. Invalidated.

Level 24
No emotion. No warmth.

Really... have you looked at either Sylvanas or Lillian Voss? They both have a vast range of emotions, Sylvanas still loves her sisters more than anything, which is observable at multiple locations, of the top of my head we have when she's given Alleria's locket in TBC and second in the book War Crimes where she runs into Vereesa multiple times. She also reacts to her family's bow if you run into her wielding it. Lilian Voss on the other hand is a character who is centric around the entire story of Tirisfal Glades, if you're interested you can get a free WoW account and check her story out.

I try to see any who is miserable, we have Sylvanas though her sadness comes not from being undead but rather from having lost everything, her home, her people and her family. I would say having rotting flesh seems rather small in comparison, and as for her being ugly... I mean lets be honest here:

fanart-1227-full.jpg

Do we have anyone else, well Nathanos, I mean once again, dead family, home burnt down, no one left. While I don't say I'd like the appearance if I were in Nathanos's boots, that would not be my main issue. That to me seems like the main issue, everyone we know except for Lilian Voss were resurrected by the Lich King, forced into slavery and then watch the people they loved and cared for die. No shit, I'd feel somewhat depressed too. And once again back to Lilian Voss, when first encountered with her state she was in denial, then she got depressed and eventually we see her come to terms with what she is and she sets out to help others. She stops the Scarlet Crusade, the minions of the Lich King and protects the citizens of Draenor. See it anyway you like but to her, beeing undead is a gift, or at least that's how she has used it, like a gift.

I think your failing though is a misunderstanding between cause and duality. You think Sylvanas and Nathanos are miserable simply because they're undead. Does it not seem more likely to be because they lost all they cared about, Nathanos's family is dead and Vereesa who Sylvanas loves deeply now resents her sister. Sylvanas has more reason than anyone to be unhappy, she was tortured in unspeakable ways by Arthas, was forced to kill her own people, tries to give others like her a home and is encounter by nothing but hatred and distrust, no shit she's unhappy, I'd be too.

But that's just a few examples of many others one additional example's this, "Her pact with the Val'kyr had saved her that day, a fact for which he was selfishly grateful." Nathanos is still obviously in love with Sylvanas, rather big emotion right there wouldn't you say? We also have this moment, "The power of the Val'kyr will preserve my body for ages to come. Your once-human form, like those of my other Forsaken, will not enjoy such longevity. I would prevent your decay, spare you the pain I experienced when…" Now if that's not emotion, to seek to protect others from harm. And this perfectly answers that other misconception of yours:

I'd wager that most any previously normal reanimated folk would slowly begin to lose their minds as the environment wreaks havoc on their remains, with the process only getting exponentially worse as they're reduced to walking, thinking skeletons.

Their bodies aren't going to decay away into nothing any more, thanks to the Val'kyr.

Lets say you've lived your life, you're an old man. You come down with something, and are fading away. You get a chance to say your goodbyes, but then, against your will, a treatment is administered. One that forces you back to life, but curses you with the most active, virulent form of leprosy on earth.

This seems to be the meat of your argument isn't it, the difference between a priest resurrecting you and a val'kyr is that the priest will make you look more attractive? Despite your view, being unattractive isn't the end of the world. Really, are you trying to compare having a visual disorder with death...

But lets get down to the other argument you use, what if you want to die and then get resurrected. Yeah that's always a possibility but if you really wanted to die you could still finish the job, nothing forces you to stay in Undercity and serve Sylvanas, Lilian Voss more than proved that. But lets say you actually want to die, first of all if that's the case you wouldn't die of old age, there's a difference between accepting death and desiring it. But lets say we have a person, who wants to remain dead. Is it not better then to revive all of those who got life stolen from them against their will by the horrors of war and let those who died peacefully to get a second chance at life and if they want to reject it, they can reject it. If you really want to commit suicide it isn't hard, trust me, I've tried a few years back... and failed... obviously. Although that had more to do with incompetence than with the task being impossible. If you can't bring yourself to end your life then you really don't want to die.

But lets turn the table on that metaphor, alright I wanted to die (trust me, committing suicide, if that's what you trully desire is not difficult, in fact it's the easiest decision I've ever made.) If I wanted to dies, truly wanted to and I got resurrected, congratulations I'm now equally as miserable as I was before with my life. I'd still be really happy about being resurrected, why? Because lets say I wanted to die, but my daughter also got killed and she wanted to keep living, I'd be really bloody grateful for the fact that she'd been granted a second chance. Even if it would be a minor inconvenience for me, having to walk to the nearest mountain, jump of a cliff and fall to my death. I mean that would take almost 20 minutes, and if those 20 minutes bought someone else even as much as one extra week of a happy life, then that minor inconvenience would all be worth it. And to disagree with that statement you'd need to be viscously selfish.

Sorry for the wall of text, it turned out to be a lot more arguing than I was planning.

Go play WoW. Talk to any random grouping of Forsaken and you'll see exactly what I mean. You're touting exceptions to the rule.

Sylvanas is one of the few whos existance is more than just pain. Her selfishness and desire for immortality is her own deal, but to drag the Forsaken, unwilling alongside her is unreasonable. Look at every instance of Resurrection and then, instances of Reanimation. Resurrection revives someone that has recently fallen, or who has been slain. People that are reanimated suffer psychological changes. Many lose who they were. It's the same as suffering brain damage, and losing a part of yourself.

Like my neighbor. All it took was falling off a ladder, and he lost his ability to function, after coming out of a coma. Just a few days ago I saw him mowing the parking space on the edge of the road, rather than his lawn. Some people would say they'd rather still be alive after experiencing the same thing, but I don't call that living. To lose who I am. I would rather that incident kill me.

Many Forsaken characters have to be pushed into accepting their new unlives. They become twisted, or fall into depression. The Forsaken should not be a propogating species. One day, there shouldn't be any left.

Filing my point down to 'being ugly' versus 'being alive' is downright idiotic. If not dishonest.

Level 24
Go play WoW. Talk to any random grouping of Forsaken and you'll see exactly what I mean. You're touting exceptions to the rule.

Yes because when I talk to random Stormwind guards the instant thought that snaps into my mind is "wow, such a vast range of emotions!" If you expect a vast range of emotions from generic soldiers and shopkeepers you'll be disappointed, by that mentality every single race is nothing but mindless husks. Every orc utters something about fighting, every goblin say "time is money" and every night elf is a hard core devout to Elune. You can't use the bland nature of 12 year old voice acting, when voice acting was basically not a thing in WoW as proof that there's no emotion.

Sylvanas is one of the few whos existance is more than just pain.

What are you basing that on, I can get that you'd say Nathanos is special due to his pre-established relation to Sylvanas, but Lilian Voss, why would she be special? Wouldn't it rather seem like you're using outdated voice acting to push an already established agenda. I bring up several examples using Nathanos, Sylvanas and Lilian Voss and you use one kind of half-arsed excuse.

Her selfishness and desire for immortality is her own deal, but to drag the Forsaken, unwilling alongside her is unreasonable.

When were they unwilling, give me one example that her people were unwilling and she forced their hands?

Look at every instance of Resurrection and then, instances of Reanimation. Resurrection revives someone that has recently fallen, or who has been slain. People that are reanimated suffer psychological changes. Many lose who they were. It's the same as suffering brain damage, and losing a part of yourself.

Alright, so I want to ask where are you're getting the idea of reanimation. I'm guessing you'll mention Silverpine forest where she resurrects a bunch of dead humans and they become undead. It seems rather unlikely that she'd want to force the rotting process only to then reverse it using the val'kyrs. The reason they used human models for the dead instead of undead was probably because otherwise players would be lost and just think she was resurrecting some of her dead soldiers. I doubt she ever forced the rotting, because give me one reason why she would?

It feels like I'm faced against the argument "gulty until proven innocent." Which is rather difficult to argue against, I could just as easily say that Varian has been working with the Old Gods his entire life because Yogg-Saron ordered the assassination of Varians father and the Old Gods claim that his son is now their pawn and you could do nothing to disprove that either.

Many Forsaken characters have to be pushed into accepting their new unlives. They become twisted, or fall into depression. The Forsaken should not be a propogating species. One day, there shouldn't be any left.

Which character lands in a deep depression exactly? Is it Lilian Voss, because all she had was denial and anxiety for about 2 hours of questing, I wouldn't exactly call that a full blown depression.

Filing my point down to 'being ugly' versus 'being alive' is downright idiotic. If not dishonest.

Maybe it's poor articulation or bad reception on my part but you do focus a lot on visual appearance:

So they're resigned to unlife, watching their bodies rot and decay
with the process only getting exponentially worse as they're reduced to walking, thinking skeletons.
(This one as I established is not only visual centric, but also false, they're not decaying thanks to the val'kyrs.)
but curses you with the most active, virulent form of leprosy on earth.
(Also inaccurate she doesn't force your body to rot she's just unable to reverse the process.)
having your corpse defiled

Level 24
Try Brill. Do a few quests. It's literally right there in your face when you start a character. I'm talking about the masses, not some unique case from a questline.

No you're right, they don't exchange a lot of emotions, and I do like you doing some research but here's the issue, you only did half the research. No the Forsaken don't exchange a large range of emotions in their quest dialogues, but neither does ANY other race. Lets compare Brill to the human starting zone, Northshire, in this town we also find a bunch of quests and none really convey any emotions, case and point:

<name>, my scouts tell me that the kobold infestation is larger than we had thought. A group of kobold workers has camped near the Echo Ridge Mine to the north.

Go to the mine and remove them. We know there are at least 10. Kill them, see if there are more, then report back to me.

I really feel the warmth and emotion in that dialogue. And this is the essential flaw, every minor quest is not going to contain in it a life story, Blizzard knows that to reach max level a character needs to complete over 1,000 quests so players aren't going to either care or remember about these personal details and that's why quest dialogue is bare bones. Lets take my character as an example: Razosh - WoW

My character, Razosh, has completed over 3,000 quests (and I did that back in Cata, at this point it's at least 4,000+ and probably even 5,000) And he has on top of that completed over 5,000 daily quests, and that's on ONE charachter, it is quite frankly no reason for Blizzard to put so much effort into their content because no one cares about every single NPC's interaction, that's why so few NPC's, like Voss, Sylvanas, Nathanos, Koltira, Thassarian and Darion (all undead) have feelings.

But just in case I was selective about that quest here's five more, all from Northshire:

Report to Goldshire:

<name>, you are a <class> with proven interest in the security of Northsire. You are now tasked with the protection of the surrounding Elwynn Forest.

If you accept this duty, then I have prepared papers that must be delivered to Marshal Dughan in Goldshire. Goldshire lies along the southern road, past the border gates.

Brotherhood of Tieves:

Recently, a new group of thieves has been hanging around Northshire. They call themselves the Defias Brotherhood, and have been seen across the river to the east.

I don't know what they're up to, but I'm sure it's not good! Bring me the bandanas they wear, and I'll reward you with a weapon.

Bounty On Garrick Padfoot:

Garrick Padfoot - a cutthroat who's plagued our farmers and merchants for weeks - was seen at a shack near the vineyards, which lies east of the Abbey and across the bridge. Bring me the villain's head, and earn his bounty!

But be wary, <name>. Garrick has gathered a gang of thugs around him. He will not be an easy man to reach.

Eagan Peltskinner:

Eagan Peltskinner is looking for someone to hunt wolves for him. That's good news, because we're seeing a lot more wolves in Northshire Valley lately.

If you're interested then speak with Eagan. He's around the side of the abbey, to the left.

Skirmish at Echo Ridge:

Your previous investigations are proof that the Echo Ridge Mine needs purging. Return to the mine and help clear it of kobolds.

Waste no time, <name>. The longer the kobolds are left unmolested in the mine, the deeper a foothold they gain in Northshire.

That's half a dozen examples I've given you right there all from one city so the argument "exception to the rule" is not really applicable any more. Obviously most undead quests are bare bones that's how every race has it. And yes every now and again we also have human quests where they mention friends or talk about remorse but just the same way a good portion of the undead story line centres around Lillian Voss and her coming to terms with her condition. Or Sylvanas Windrunner attempting to preserve her people or even something as small as a slightly unintelligent undead in Hillsbrad who seeks adventure.

One argument that could be used against the forsaken is that they use what in modern western view is a very evil form of weapon, biological warfare. What they do is they infect their enemies with plagues in order to kill them. And by most modern western standards yes, this is wrong but does that make them evil? If that's the case every single soldier who ever served in a medieval army could also be branded evil because infecting your enemies was common ground during the medieval period. To not bore you I'll stick to one example, the siege of Crimea. During the siege of Crimea the Mongol Empire, rather than letting the enemies starve out catapulted in dead bodies infected with the plague inside the castle walls. This effectively infected the population and won the Mongols the siege.

While we like to think of medieval Europe as knights in shining armour fighting one another for nothing but honour this is not how the vast majority of battles played out and in fact, the combat style of the forsaken is far more historically represented than any other race. And this is what I like about the forsaken, they are not over romanticised like many other races often or mostly are. So does the fact that the forsaken race is historically representative make them devoid of any emotion? Just like not every Mongol was not a hallow husk inside, neither is every forsaken.

Last edited:
You know, I actually caught an episode of American Dad sometime last night that should clearly illustrate my point, since you seem to be just missing it. The episode is "Stan's Best Friend".

When I reference the immorality of Sylvanas' actions, I'm citing the examples of civilians among the Forsaken. Innkeepers, mournful dead, those who realize the nightmare their immortality is, outlasting their families. Their children. Many of these bystanders display a coldness to them that, as we very well see in Brill, is a front. Another example is the woman staying in the upper floor of the Inn there, who practically begs you to help her stitch together a blanket, to lessen the unbearable cold she is feeling.

I'm not talking about the militant Forsaken. Not the players. Not Sylvanas. Not Putress. Those who've not taken up arms, and instead, live broken unlives, tormented by their situations. As I first stated, my point applies to them, not the warriors, or those who've found new purpose. For the innocent, they had no say in being raised into undeath, and many give off a sense that they feel that suicide would be pointless. They fear being raised again.

I largely agree with whatever else Sylvanas gets upto, especially as a representative of the Horde, but my concern is for the innocent bystanders she raises. Especially if they're raised as slaves, like those under the Lich King's domination. If there is a large Forsaken population, it should consist only of those Warriors I mentioned. People who have an enduring spirit.

But that's it. Other than the living who expressly submit to being raised after death, the Forsaken should not be growing its numbers. It's not a race, it's a condition. Like a Leper trying to spread Leprosy, thinking that Lepers are their own people.

Too many innocent people are caught up in Sylvanas' attempts to bolster their numbers. People like that shivering, suffering woman I mentioned.

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

I haven't read everything you two have posted yet, so I'll address the question in the title. I think everything she's been doing after she was brought back by the val'kyr was about her quest for immortality.

Since Arthas is dead, she basically has no purpose, so she probably just wants to avoid hell that val'kyr brought her back from. The forsaken are just means to an end, which is why she wants their numbers increased. They are just useful idiots as far as I'm concerned.
I don't know how she manages to convince them to do her dirty work, but the fact that so many hate them kinda helps because it allows Sylvanas to pull the victim card in a way, like boo hoo they don't allow us to exist.
I don't know if she would go for outright mind control, as it would piss off the Horde. I'm not familiar with the latest take on this though.

Anyway, I don't think morality is a big concern for her. She tells people what they need to hear. Warriors or not, they are all part of her war machine. She's little more than a parasite.

Level 24
I haven't read everything you two have posted yet, so I'll address the question in the title. I think everything she's been doing after she was brought back by the val'kyr was about her quest for immortality.

Since Arthas is dead, she basically has no purpose, so she probably just wants to avoid hell that val'kyr brought her back from. The forsaken are just means to an end, which is why she wants their numbers increased. They are just useful idiots as far as I'm concerned.
I don't know how she manages to convince them to do her dirty work, but the fact that so many hate them kinda helps because it allows Sylvanas to pull the victim card in a way, like boo hoo they don't allow us to exist.
I don't know if she would go for outright mind control, as it would piss off the Horde. I'm not familiar with the latest take on this though.

Anyway, I don't think morality is a big concern for her. She tells people what they need to hear. Warriors or not, they are all part of her war machine. She's little more than a parasite.

It's an interesting opinion, I somewhat doubt that appearances is the only thing preventing her from doing monstrous acts, prior to TBC she supplied the blood elves with resources even when there was no direct reason to do so. They did not trust her but she kept offering supplies and troops anyway, out of what the narrator calls "love of her people". During TBC she shows that she still cares deeply for Alleria and during War Crimes she shows trust and love towards Vereesa even though her sisters stance against her has been less than pleasant. To say that she wasn't transformed in massively negative way in death would be a lie, it would also be a lie to sate that she's not a vastly different person.

But seeing the affection she shows to both her sisters and to the people of Quel'Thalas I think your view that "Anyway, I don't think morality is a big concern for her" is a bit extreme. While she is, to say the least, a broken woman she still retains aspects of her past self. And I don't know how many times I need to state this but I'm not trying to say that she fits strictly into a good person frame, she's a person who constantly in a grey area and mostly has a tendency for being more bad than good.

If her quest was one she undertook alone, I wouldn't have a single issue with what she's doing.

Yeah it's true, during her war against the Lich King she did pull her people and the citizens of Quel'Thalas too far. But it is worth mentioning that while her actions were lets just say less than ideal during the invasion of Northrend at a few occasions, the people she brings are volunteers, at least as far as our knowledge reaches. Case and point the Lor'Themar Theron short story.

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I would say she is chaotic good. She certainly is not an Archimonde, Diablo or Amon but neither is she an Uther, Tyrael or Raynor. She might cause ruin and suffering to achieve her aims but her aims are that of survival and sticking together. The horde is still running strong with a large diversity after all.

Part of the problem is meant to be on running tensions between Alliance and Horde. She used to be part of the alliance before her conversion during Warcraft III. One can bet it still pains her deep down what the Alliance continues to think of her however despite that she will keep on going.

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

Also, @Razosh, mentioned those death knights. Most of them have dedicated themselves to protecting the people they were forced to slaughter under the Lich King. That's what they have dedicated their undead existence to. They feel guilt and want redemption before they retire for good. They want to give back.

And those dialogues may be bland, but they serve their purpose. You don't want to swarm the new players with walls of text. As far as I'm concerned, they're enough to deliver a point, give you simple directions, and give you an insight to people's mentality. Like people at Northshire. You see them busy trying to keep things together, and since you (the adventurer) are looking for work, they don't see you as a hero immidiately, so they tell you what you need to know to complete your contract. They sure as hell won't share their feelings with someone they've just met. That's the way I see it.

The fact that she loves her sisters means absolutely nothing. She's still doing what she's doing, and that doesn't excuse her or make her less evil. Also, didn't she ask for favors after helping them with Quel'thalas? Her motives were obvious.

@Dr Super Good
She sees the Horde as another tool. I'm shocked Vol'jin and the other let her become warchief. Cairne's son was a better option and he's more respected by his peers. As for Vol'jin, I'll attribute it to the blood loss. The others will likely grow more impatient over time.

If she gave a damn about the Alliance, she would have returned Lordaeron and stopped resurrecting their citizens for her army.

Level 24
I would say she is chaotic good. She certainly is not an Archimonde, Diablo or Amon but neither is she an Uther, Tyrael or Raynor. She might cause ruin and suffering to achieve her aims but her aims are that of survival and sticking together. The horde is still running strong with a large diversity after all.

Part of the problem is meant to be on running tensions between Alliance and Horde. She used to be part of the alliance before her conversion during Warcraft III. One can bet it still pains her deep down what the Alliance continues to think of her however despite that she will keep on going.

Well lets not forget that what probably pains her the most is how irrationally aggressive the humans were. I know many of us like to think of Garithos as an extreme and he was, but shreds of his racism was sunk deep in the Alliance. The war between the Horde and the Alliance (in WoW, not WC1) started because the Horde started expanding outwards into Ashenvale and Altarec. The reason why is that they had no choice. Durotar couldn't support the orcish population and while I have my disagreements with Garrosh, Doomhammer, Blackhand and Grommash Thrall was always friendly. He even was willing to work with the Alliance to stop Archimonde and even after the two remained friends.

Jaina tried to make peace but she couldn't as the Alliance members were not willing to cede the land the orcs needed to survive. Instead of offering to share their lands with the Horde they instead decided to kill or be killed. For Sylvanas this was probably tough for several reasons, her forsaken needed the land previously owned by the Menethil line in order to survive and then the fact that the humans had a distrust for any undead, she had probably no other choice than to join the Horde in the as the Alliance was always going to fight the forsaken simply based on the fact that she's undead.

You don't want to swarm the new players with walls of text.

No you're correct you don't, but I also see a lack of any text anywhere that say that:

Sylvanas is one of the few whos existance is more than just pain.
Much of what was important, what made people human is apparently gone. No hunger. No thirst. No emotion. No warmth.

While it is true that there's two voice actors, one male and one female who fill in a generic role, and true they don't really say a lot of positive things. The thing is, any time that we've had an extensive look into the personality and/or life of a member of the forsaken their lives are not as simple or generic as those voice lines would indicate. And it's also worth mentioning that Sylvanas has retained some personality, despite being tormented worse than any other of the Forsaken, so why wouldn't the other also have personalities.

Then there's also the issue with the undead born after the Cataclysm, are they the same as the forsaken born before, because they were never enslaved or tormented by the Lich King. And once again I'm not saying Sylvanas is good, I'm saying that you can't fit her into a box of good and evil because she's such a deeply troubled character. What I'm not a fan of is the over-simplification that Direfury results to in among other things the quote I just gave. I have acknowledged

While the voice lines certainly aren't nothing don't get me wrong they're also not an absolute authority that rolls over anything Blizzard may state afterwards. If you could accompany the voice lines with something they may hold some actual authority but if that is your only argument it doesn't really hold up against several stories regarding Sylvanas, Nathanos, Lillian Voss, Thassarian, Koltira and Darion. I could cite a number of different sources like the Death Knight class quests and order hall quests, Sylvanas's short story, the Sunwell commic, War Crimes, the dark mirror short story and others and my statement was that compared to that list, 12 year old voice lines that were made to be overly generic aren't really legitimate.

The fact that she loves her sisters means absolutely nothing.

It kind of did in the context of this statement:

Anyway, I don't think morality is a big concern for her.

It proves that she does act based on a moral code at least at certain times and that your statement is at least not 100% accurate. You also missed the second half of that argument, I also said that when you combine that with the fact that she supported the people of Quel'Thalas in their hour of need when she stood to gain nothing for it, it is hard to deny that she doesn't work for the benefit of her people. One could however question whether or not her view of what's best for her people is accurate or not.

I however made no statement like this:

and that doesn't excuse her or make her less evil.

No, I don't excuse her actions in fact as I've said myself:

But for my opinion on the matter, Sylvanas has always struck me as someone who's willing to protect her people no matter what. And that's the key no matter what that both makes her great and forces her to sometimes go to far.
This is one of two lore moments where her actions are really difficult to defend, the other being when she tortured Koltira because she's just not in a moral grey-area any more she's just plain wrong.

Imperator said:
If she gave a damn about the Alliance, she would have returned Lordaeron and stopped resurrecting their citizens for her army.

And where would she and her people live, she'd be hounded by the Alliance no matter what she did based on only the fact that she's undead.

You keep missing the point. Warcraft is more than just WoW. More than just the lines delivered by NPC's. I'm talking generally.

Basically, you're citing a single scene of a show, and only that. Not the logical outcome. Not the implication.
You're talking about the scene past the 1:11 mark. He just came out of the bathroom. What you're not getting was the implication. The attempted rape that just went on.

How do you not get that not every single Forsaken is going to rise from the dead and be like "MAN, FUCK the Alliance!"? You keep going on about the specific exceptions that have nothing to do with the point. The ones with purpose, or who've embraced what they've become are of no concern. Innocent bystanders are.

It's like saying that its fine to just throw a grenade at someone, and then not understanding that there is collateral damage. Go looking. You'll find plenty of collateral among the shopkeepers, the innkeepers, the villagers. Not among the Deathguard, the Apothecaries.

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

@Razosh
The Garithos thing impacted the living Blood Elves. Let's not forget what she later did to Garithos and his men.
And now you bring up that arguement that the alliance could've just avoided conflict if they just gave up some of their lands for the Horde to populate. Why would Alliance think assume the Horde would just turn friendly all of a sudden? Not everyone was at Mount Hyjal, and even that peace was later broken.
As far as Alliance is concerned, the Horde came out of the blue to their lands and started massacring the people (talking about the first war). They wanted to rule over the world, starting with the eastern continent, so why would alliance blindly trust them? Because Thrall fled to Kalimdor in instead of staying on the eastern continent? He would be dead if he'd stayed. Nothing suggests there would be any change of heart, and even so, the good deeds don't wash away the bad ones. Genocide still occurred in the first and seconds war.

But back to the point. Let's be honest, the forsaken are a bunch of rotting corpses. They could live anywhere, but they felt entitled to the great capital of Lordaeron. They were bound to stir things up with the alliance. I don't think you understand how much people care about the land they, and their allies live in. Referring to my point about the Horde, the conditions have to be quite extreme for someone to give up their lands willingly, especially to the hated enemy.

Your main arguments are that, unlike what @Direfury said, there are those who don't hate being undead, to put it simply, and that's she occasionally shows she has a moral code and is emotionally conflicted.

I'll just try to tell you what Direfury told you like five times already. You keep clinging on to those few examples, the exceptions to the rule. The fact remains that most others just exist to feed her war machine. Deprived of most mortal characteristics, I wouldn't be surprised if most of them became dangerous sociopaths.
To a degree, I blame the Forsaken as well. I feel like most of them don't have the guts to end their lives, and allow themselves to be used by Sylvanas for her selfish goals.

The next point about her supposed moral code is just funny. It doesn't matter if she uses some kind of moral code on a whim, if she's a genocidal maniac 80% of the time. Her feelings are irrelevant. It's what she does that counts. Her actions make her evil, not her intentions. If anything, her wavy moral code only proves how unstable she is.

And I did refer to you point about Quel'thalas in the previous reply. She helped them for future favors. Even if she did it out of goodness of her heart, it doesn't change a thing. Like I said before, good deeds don't wash away the bad ones. In her case especially, since evil deeds far outweigh the good ones.

Jesus, I just wrote a damn novel here haha

Level 24
@RazoshBut back to the point. Let's be honest, the forsaken are a bunch of rotting corpses. They could live anywhere, but they felt entitled to the great capital of Lordaeron. They were bound to stir things up with the alliance. I don't think you understand how much people care about the land they, and their allies live in. Referring to my point about the Horde, the conditions have to be quite extreme for someone to give up their lands willingly, especially to the hated enemy.

Now this is a strange argument, where would they live, You've already in that statement excluded all of Eastern Kingdoms, aside from Swamp of Sorrows and most of Blasted Lands all of the continent is already inhabited. The problem is that would force Sylvanas to lead her entire people through Human and Dwarf land and as you said, the humans have no reason to trust her so why would she trust them? Northrend is a no-go as Direfury has said several times, it's wrong of Sylvanas to force her people to fight the Scourge. And the only two zones not directly and massively infected by the Scourge are Scholazar Basin and Howling Fjord. The problem is both those two have native populations which she'd have to take land from the first has Gurlocks and Wolvar and the second Vrykul.

That leaves us with what, Kalimdor. Everything north of Barrrens is inhabited by the night elves or were at some point in the case of Azshara so those zones are no goes. Dustwallow Marsh is inhabited by humans and ogres, Barrens, Durotar, Mulgor, Stonetalon Mountains, Thousand Needles and Feralas are inhabited by orcs, trolls and tauren. Descolace is inhabited by Centaurs, Tanaris by goblins and trolls and Silithus by night elves.

This handily leaves us with one zone that wouldn't put the lives of the forsaken in the hands of the Alliance and tat isn't already inhabited by the other humanoid races, Un'goro Creater. So your suggestion is in other words that Sylvanas uses a massive fleet large enough to transport her entire race (because apparently she has one of those.) And after that she lands in the goblin town of Gadgetzan and pays said goblins to be allowed to use their ports (because apparently the forsaken has that wealth.) Makes the dangerous walk to Un'goro where they have to live out the rest of their days fighting the Old God C'Thun and his forces... yeah that seems like a fair deal.

the conditions have to be quite extreme for someone to give up their lands willingly,

And this... this is selective morality at its best, first you say "of course the humans shouldn't give up the land it's theirs." Then you go around and say things like this:

They could live anywhere, but they felt entitled to the great capital of Lordaeron.

Of course they did, most undead are humans so they've always lived there. It is difficult to convince you because on one hand you condemn Sylvanas for taking the land that her people already lived in and yet you excuse the Alliance when they are acting based on a predatory moral philosophy regarding Lordaeron. The Alliance leaders say that they are more entitled to the land because... reasons...

I'll just try to tell you what Direfury told you like five times already. You keep clinging on to those few examples, the exceptions to the rule. The fact remains that most others just exist to feed her war machine. Deprived of most mortal characteristics, I wouldn't be surprised if most of them became dangerous sociopaths.

And as I've said "like five times already" they are not the exception to the rule, you are stating that every single NPC that uses these voice lines are equally valid individually as the entire storyline of Lillian Voss while that is simply not the case. Lets take your argument and say that those voice lines are absolute proof of an individuals feelings. You may want to know that Lillian Voss also has those voice lines that all other forsaken has. She shares that cold voice and yet when we look into her life she isn't that cold or devoid of feelings at all and that kind of disproves your statement that those voice lines are absolutes. You say that all forsaken who uses these voice lines feel that way and yet every time a character with those lines gets explored the argument doesn't hold up. Then you point to all those that we know 0% about and use lack of knowledge as a basis of proof.

The next point about her supposed moral code is just funny. It doesn't matter if she uses some kind of moral code on a whim, if she's a genocidal maniac 80% of the time. Her feelings are irrelevant. It's what she does that counts. Her actions make her evil, not her intentions. If anything, her wavy moral code only proves how unstable she is.

I'm trying to understand where you get the 80% number from, if we see what she's actually done then you could argue that she has attempted genocide once (if you consider the worgen a separate race and not as part of the human race.) But lets for the sake sof the argument say, yes that was attempted genocide, then that would be the only genocide she has ever attempted aside from the Scourge (which I doubt even you would condemn her for as just about every race is attempting to exterminate the Scourge on the basis that they're mindless husks made to serve one power hungry master.) I do think that Sylvanas was in the wrong attacking Gilneas with only a small amount of provocation was wrong, but I wouldn't expect you to think that she did anything wrong as you forgive the humans for attacking the Horde based on next to no provocation because "hey the Horde did it in the past." As we can see in your statement here:

Why would Alliance think assume the Horde would just turn friendly all of a sudden?
As far as Alliance is concerned, the Horde came out of the blue to their lands and started massacring the people

This symbolizes the problem with your argument, you have one moral code for your side, the Alliance and another for the opposing side, the Horde. You speak of genocide yet all she has done so far is kill those who oppose her in wars which is exactly what the Alliance has also done (once again Gilneas is the arguable exception which I've already spoken against). But lets put Gilneas into perspective, the worgen had done several raids against the forsaken whether or not this was tied to the Greymane is unknown and Genn also on top of that has meetings with the Alliance members (the night elves.) Lets put that into perspective, if the forsaken had done raids against the human settlements in the Wetlands and that Sylvanas had held meetings with Cairne Bloodhoof you would excuse the humans for attacking the forsaken in a heart-beat. (Even if it wasn't known whether or not Sylvanas was behind the attacks.)

You say that she and her people should just pack up and leave even though they've lived there their entire life and that's somehow wrong, yet you excuse the humans for declaring war on land they used to live in. And don't get me wrong I think the Horde has done plenty of wrong it was wrong for Blackhand to attack the alliance in WC1, it was wrong for Garrosh to nuke Theramore, a semi-neutral city and it was wrong of Sylvanas to attack Gilneas. I've admitted to these points on multiple occasions over several posts and yet with you there seems to be little point in debating at times because you don't give both sides a fair viewpoint.

And you have seemed to somehow massively understand why the Horde exists to begin with, but since you discard any forsaken on the basis that they exist I'll instead try to persuade you with a blood elf who's very much alive, Lor'Themar Theron: "When will they learn, when will they see that the Horde exists because of the Alliance, because of their prejudice and their bigotry, they force us ever closer to Hellscream's Horde!" This is the reason why the Horde must exist because the Alliance isn't better than the Horde and the humans in particular want war as much as anyone. Case and point, the Sundering, during this book which takes place between WotLK and Cata the Horde and the Alliance is at peace, this however doesn't last. The reason another war beaks out is that Magetha Grimmtotem slays kal'dorei ambassadors and makes it look like Garrosh is responsible. Without any investigation a new war just breaks out, the Alliance never cares to get proof but just assumes guilt and starts a war over it. As much as Alliance fans may wish to think differently the Alliance isn't a band of fairy tale heroes that are out to slay the opposing evil empire. And don't get me wrong, I hated Garrosh and I more than anyone wanted to see him dead, you need to look no further than my history on this forum to realize that. Nuking Theramore was just one of the evil deeds he did but at the point where the Alliance declared war he had done nothing wrong to them.

And going back to the statement that Lor'Themar made that sums up basically the entire reason why the forsaken are aligned with the Horde, it's an Alliance of necessity because the humans think they have more of a claim to Lordaeron than the forsaken does, which is absolute horse-shit. Neither of them are more entitled than the other, both grew up and lived their lives there. And Sylvanas has proven that she's willing to let humans live there as long as they don't attack her, case and point the Argent Crusade, Sylvanas has made no effort to drive them out because Tirion Fordring clearly dodesn't think Sylvanas and her people are evil. If he did then he would have attacked her just like he attacked Arthas and the Scourge.

Jesus, I just wrote a damn novel here haha

Yeah that seems to be the case with these arguments. :D Twilight of the gods I need to go out and take a breath of fresh air after this wall of text.

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

@Razosh
I meant they purposefully chose an important Alliance capital for their home, which was bound to cause trouble.
Sylvanas knew that, and this statement was a reply to what was said about Sylvanas caring or feeling bad for the Alliance.
It doesn't really matter where they would live, I was just saying what are the consequences of them chosing to inhabit Lordaeron.
Why should the undead inherit Lordaeron when there's living Alliance with a claim to those lands. Those people died. The fact that they came back, and used to live there means little. It's natural that the Alliance opposes the undead who are currently in Lordaeron. The Forsaken wouldn't be giving up Lordaeron, as they don't really have a solid claim to it in the first place. Some of them use to live there in life, true, but that doesn't give them the right to settle there. They are not people, they're just husks of what they used to be.
I see this whole thing as Sylvanas trying to convince them that this new state is the new normal, and to give them something to fight for. An illusion of belonging somewhere. They can't have kids, families. Lordaeron is rotting even further in their hands. It's wasted on the undead, with land being a comodity, both here and in real life. They are not normal, they are an anomaly.

I've stopped talking about those voice line since the first post. I was talking of how the Forsaken have realistically turned out to be, since we're not discussing the lore per se, but the morality of the whole situation, since that is the topic of this thread.

I don't understand, what is this defense? All these thing even you've confirmed are not enough for her to be considered evil? You expect the Alliance to forget and forgive, but they are the victims in most situations, ever since the first war.

I'm glad you brought up scourge, because they're not all that different from the Forsaken. Only difference is their goal and how they're controlled. At least Thrall, for all his mistakes, kept them in check to a degree. I think the problem here is that you see them as equals to the living, which they have potential to be, but vast majority is nothing more then fuel for Sylvanas' war machine. Whether they feel free or not is irrelevant.

As for the situation with the Horde, again, you see them as an equal to the Alliance. They are still invaders in Azeroth they are the agressors and every beating they get is what they deserve. It's not like a lot of orcs and humans died, and they can just decided to call it even. Alliance was hurt FAR more in every war then the Horde. Civialians were slaughtered and kingdoms destroyed, and that is all the Alliance sees Horde as, invaders. They haven't been given any reason to believe otherwise. In fact, cases such as Theramore just confirm what they believe.

I haven't read those books either, so I can only assume you're telling the truth. I don't get where Lor'themar's statement comes from, either. Are they still butthurt about Garithos? Because I remember one instance when Varian wanted to bring the elves into the Alliance, but Jaina did her thing at Dalaran.

Another reason why humans of Stormwind would feel compeled to recapture Lordaeron is because they accepted them when the Horde destroyed Stormwind. They fought for that land aswell during the second war. So did the Forsaken, I'm sure, but I stand by my previous point in regards to them.

Level 24
@Razosh
I meant they purposefully chose an important Alliance capital for their home, which was bound to cause trouble.

And your assumption is that she did that to start a war with the Alliance rather than picking that spot because it was a strategic asset and that it was the home to many of her comrades, what are you basing that on? I'm not being accusatory at all it's a genuine question, if that is what you believe, if I didn't misinterpret you, why would you believe her to want a war? This was prior to her being able to resurrect people so it makes no sense to start a war.

Sylvanas knew that, and this statement was a reply to what was said about Sylvanas caring or feeling bad for the Alliance.

No wonder I was confused as I never said she felt sympathy for the Alliance (other than for her sister(s) as well as possibly the high elves), what I said was:

Well lets not forget that what probably pains her the most is how irrationally aggressive the humans were. I know many of us like to think of Garithos as an extreme and he was, but shreds of his racism was sunk deep in the Alliance.

I somewhat doubt Sylvanas has a lot of sympathy for the humans especially after their prince came in and did unspeakable things to her. I also said that she doesn't attack the Argent Crusade not for love of Tirion or his men but because her people would pay the price for that war.

It doesn't really matter where they would live, I was just saying what are the consequences of them chosing to inhabit Lordaeron.
Why should the undead inherit Lordaeron when there's living Alliance with a claim to those lands. Those people died. The fact that they came back, and used to live there means little.

It means a great f-ing deal, they're just as alive as any human, the fact that they have rotting skin does not make them objects and tools to just be ignored. This is exactly what is explored during the entire quest line of Tirisfal Glades, Lillian Voss runs and tries to find her father after she becomes an undead. She says that he will make everything alright and that he will accept her, his daughter for what she is. But when her father instead orders her execution Lilian lashes out in rage killing her father who wants her dead. The undea still have emotions as we clearly see time and again and these emotions are not to be laughed at they are also not less worth than a human woman. If anything I'd say she's a far better person than lets say her father and would argue that life is actually worth more than his.

It's natural that the Alliance opposes the undead who are currently in Lordaeron.

Natural, no, absolutely no. Is it understandable and predictable, yes, but understandable and acceptable are far from the same thing.

The Forsaken wouldn't be giving up Lordaeron, as they don't really have a solid claim to it in the first place. Some of them use to live there in life, true, but that doesn't give them the right to settle there.

Yes it does.

They are not people,

Yes they are. (Sometimes this feels like arguing with someone from the NSDAP.)

they're just husks of what they used to be.
I see this whole thing as Sylvanas trying to convince them that this new state is the new normal, and to give them something to fight for. An illusion of belonging somewhere.

This is so weird because sometimes like these you admit that they have feelings, and then you go around and say they are illegitimate or less valuable...

They can't have kids, families.

Neither can women over the age of 50 but I don't suggest we go around killing all of them. Having kids and leading a happy and fulfilling life is not always the same thing, look at Bill Maher for instance. As for families they can still have those Sylvanas as an example has two sisters and three nephews and even then Lilian or Sylvanas could always marry someone if they wanted to and extend their family through that method.

Lordaeron is rotting even further in their hands.

Is it? I would argue that the plaugelands have gotten better.

It's wasted on the undead, with land being a comodity, both here and in real life.

Wait, we have undead in real life, why was I not informed. You keep comparing them to the dead for some reason and it's not an accurate comparison when they walk, talk and have feelings.

They are not normal, they are an anomaly.

Reminds me of what people used to say about homosexuals.

I've stopped talking about those voice line since the first post.

It's a bit difficult to understand as you've failed to give any other concrete example, you just say "in general" which means nothing.

I was talking of how the Forsaken have realistically turned out to be,

So am I, looking at the characters we've seen in depth, like Koltira, Thassarian, Darion, Dumass, Sylvanas, Lilian, Nathanos, Annhylde, Whitemane and Lydon. That's 10 examples right there of the top of my head, I'd say that fairly freekin' general. And yes, while Lydon suffers from depression (and that's kind of why I brought him up) he's far from emotionless, the fact that he's depressed does not render his life meaningless. When Sylvanas first encountered the alchemist she won him over by appealing to his emotions.

I don't understand, what is this defense? All these thing even you've confirmed are not enough for her to be considered evil?

Evil in my opinion is someone who kills or inflicts pain simply for the purpose of inflicting pain, this is where Lydon as I mentioned earlier fits in, he wants to hurt the living simply because he hates them, this makes him into an evil forsaken, no doubt. Sylvanas on the other hand is more difficult, she never triggered the war between the Horde and the Alliance, as we've seen seen peaceful human settlements can live in Lordaeron without fear, the Argent Dawn has been there since vanilla so to say that her ambition is never ending war and chaos or that she targets humans and wants to slay or hurt them simply because they're humans is absolutely untrue, she even saved Varian's life, rather than allowing him to die and then bringing him back as a forsaken.

And yes while a few forsaken are evil like Lydon, and orcs like Garrosh there are also humans like Varian Wrynn, especially in his early rule. In his later years Varian did soften thanks to in particular his son Anduin. But if you look at Varian's early reign he wanted nothing but to slay orcs for his personal vendetta, look no further than the Ulduar trailer to see that. Once again in his later reign, prior to his death Varian changed and mostly gave up on his evil actions. Lets remember that Varian did not simply want to kill Garrosh but to torture him, as he stops Thrall from killing Garrosh. Then lets look at Sylvanas, does she inflict pain simply out of hate. Other than against Koltira, no, I can't think of a single instance.

But lets bring up Koltira again, because torturing him was WRONG without a doubt, this however is the one time I find her actions not just unacceptable but the action is not even understandable. That brings us to the question, does this one act of evil make the entire character evil? By that standard Varian would be instantly branded evil based on what he intended to do against Garrosh. Torture is inhumane, and while TV-shows use it as a story element to move the plot along, that has no basis in real life, the torture administered by lets say the U.S has never resulted in any valuable information.

Other than Koltira I've also mentioned a few other circumstances where I've said that her actions are not acceptable but they are understandable, like Gilneas or with the Val'kyrs but those were both also in the interests of her people and that's why I brand them as understandable although not acceptable. I've also said this before that while I don't consider her evil she also seems to always be dancing on the blades edge and it doesn't take a lot for her to in my opinion sway over and become evil because she so often do acts of desperation.

You expect the Alliance to forget and forgive, but they are the victims in most situations, ever since the first war.

There are almost only victims in war, during the first war the orcs were slaves to the Legion, during the second many of them were thrown into concentration camps, during the third the trolls are victims to the naga, the Tauren to the centaurs and all races are victims to the Legion. During WoW the orcs try to find peace have to stray into Alliance land often, just to survive. This starts a new war between the two factions that is not really any sides complete fault. And the list goes on and on, no side consists of only heroes like in a fairy tale. We have good orcs like Thrall and Varrok, good Taurens like Cairne, Baine or Hamuul, good Trolls like Sen'Jin and Vol'Jin and good undead like Lilian.

I'm glad you brought up scourge, because they're not all that different from the Forsaken.

Yes, they're really different. Every forsaken decides to serve Sylvanas, otherwise we wouldn't have seen any of them on Draenor. Those aren't her minions but adventurers who work independently. If Sylvanas was anything like the Lich King she would have never allowed those to exist.

As for the situation with the Horde, again, you see them as an equal to the Alliance. They are still invaders in Azeroth they are the agressors and every beating they get is what they deserve.

I'm starting to be of the opinion that Sylvanas is not the one here who is evil. I find the differences between you and the NSDAP to grow thinner and thinner.

It's not like a lot of orcs and humans died, and they can just decided to call it even. Alliance was hurt FAR more in every war then the Horde. Civialians were slaughtered and kingdoms destroyed,

Wow... just wow... I'm guessing we're completely ignoring the siege of Orgrimmar, Camp Taurajo, the Frostwolf tribe, Quel'Thalas, the Sunreavers, the orcs enslavement to the Legion, the Echo Isles, the concentration camps Thrall and the gang were put in and so on. :D

I haven't read those books either, so I can only assume you're telling the truth. I don't get where Lor'themar's statement comes from, either.

Are they still butthurt about Garithos? Because I remember one instance when Varian wanted to bring the elves into the Alliance, but Jaina did her thing at Dalaran.

Yeah, they are still buthurt, because if you remember that questline you may also remember what it took to get Lor'Themar to consider the Alliance, he didn't do so until Garrosh started using his people as foder and saw the blood elves as less valuable than orcs.

Another reason why humans of Stormwind would feel compeled to recapture Lordaeron is because they accepted them when the Horde destroyed Stormwind. They fought for that land aswell during the second war. So did the Forsaken, I'm sure, but I stand by my previous point in regards to them.

I think you'll have to rephrase that because your message is absolutely unclear.

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

And your assumption is that she did that to start a war with the Alliance rather than picking that spot because it was a strategic asset and that it was the home to many of her comrades, what are you basing that on? I'm not being accusatory at all it's a genuine question, if that is what you believe, if I didn't misinterpret you, why would you believe her to want a war? This was prior to her being able to resurrect people so it makes no sense to start a war.

I'm saying that their presence in the capital of Lordaeron was bound to cause trouble. No more, no less.

No wonder I was confused as I never said she felt sympathy for the Alliance (other than for her sister(s) as well as possibly the high elves), what I said was:

Well lets not forget that what probably pains her the most is how irrationally aggressive the humans were. I know many of us like to think of Garithos as an extreme and he was, but shreds of his racism was sunk deep in the Alliance.
I somewhat doubt Sylvanas has a lot of sympathy for the humans especially after their prince came in and did unspeakable things to her. I also said that she doesn't attack the Argent Crusade not for love of Tirion or his men but because her people would pay the price for that war.

I was reply to Dr Super Good. He said that, not you.

It means a great f-ing deal, they're just as alive as any human, the fact that they have rotting skin does not make them objects and tools to just be ignored. This is exactly what is explored during the entire quest line of Tirisfal Glades, Lillian Voss runs and tries to find her father after she becomes an undead. She says that he will make everything alright and that he will accept her, his daughter for what she is. But when her father instead orders her execution Lilian lashes out in rage killing her father who wants her dead. The undea still have emotions as we clearly see time and again and these emotions are not to be laughed at they are also not less worth than a human woman. If anything I'd say she's a far better person than lets say her father and would argue that life is actually worth more than his.

How many times do I have to say emotions are irrelevant. Are you trying to say her murder spree is justified by her grief? Her father may be bad, but we shouldn't look at this as a positive example. The woman is clearly unstable. They had their chance.

Neither can women over the age of 50 but I don't suggest we go around killing all of them. Having kids and leading a happy and fulfilling life is not always the same thing, look at Bill Maher for instance. As for families they can still have those Sylvanas as an example has two sisters and three nephews and even then Lilian or Sylvanas could always marry someone if they wanted to and extend their family through that method.

Self serving lives you mean. We can't just live for ourselves, we need to give back, because of all we were given. But my point was more about reproduction.

Wait, we have undead in real life, why was I not informed. You keep comparing them to the dead for some reason and it's not an accurate comparison when they walk, talk and have feelings.

I was talking about the land in that last part. Read what I've written again.

Yes they are. (Sometimes this feels like arguing with someone from the NSDAP.)

Are you sure you want to go there?

I won't reply to the rest after this one. I was respectful but it's time for me to leave this conversation.

Level 24
I won't reply to the rest after this one. I was respectful but it's time for me to leave this conversation.

Probably is the best for both of us, we clearly have different viewpoints on what evil is and this conversation can go back and forth for eternity and neither is going to convince the other.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
*triggered*

Except they do not live forever.
Their body is constantly decaying, they extend their inevitable death by stitching on new bodyparts.
They also grow slowly mad as shown in The Chill of Death

Were it not for the val'kyr they would indeed die out, I do not see the problem in trying to prevent that.

The newly risen Forsaken are given a CHOICE in undeath, no one is risen and forced to fight for the Forsaken. Prime example is Lillian Voss who was allowed to run away right after being resurrected.
If they want to remain dead, that can be done, whatever they want to achieve is up to them, giving them that opportunity is simply good.
_________

Definitions of evil

Aadjective
profoundly immoral and malevolent.

I find her morals questionable, in the greyzone.
Not evil.

But since morals are subjective I suppose I cannot really blame people for thinking so?

This is one of two lore moments where her actions are really difficult to defend, the other being when she tortured Koltira because she's just not in a moral grey-area any more she's just plain wrong.

Her val'kyr is dying out so she has to get new ones, by any means as you said.
As for Koltira, he had friendly relations with an enemy.

Let me point out a few things
  • Deserters are often punished by death, and not doing his job as a soldier is at least almost the same thing. Not only among Forsaken.
  • As he is a high ranking officer, if he is not doing his job properly, why would the normal soldiers? she needs to make an example of him for that reason.

Last edited:
Level 24
They also grow slowly mad as shown in The Chill of Death
http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Quest:The_Chill_of_Death

Yeah this is a bit difficult, there are occasions where undead seem semi-mindless or even mindless and yet there are several occasions where that isn't the case, many individuals in the forsaken display very distinct personality but in the end it seems to be down to the individuals capacity to deal with the trauma. Also thanks for this, I was probing Imperator and Direfurry for quite a while on examples and all I got was "in general" and had they used this as an example it certainly would have at least strengthened their case.

The newly risen Forsaken are given a CHOICE in undeath, no one is risen and forced to fight for the Forsaken. Prime example is Lillian Voss who was allowed to run away right after being resurrected.
If they want to remain dead, that can be done, whatever they want to achieve is up to them, giving them that opportunity is simply good.

Trust me there's no idea, I've brought up Lillian more times than I care to count they both dismiss her and anyone resembling her instantly.

I find her morals questionable, in the greyzone.
Not evil.

Yay, someone who agrees. ^^ But Sylvanas seems to constantly be dancing on the edge of a knife when it comes to her moral decision, she's close to doing monstrous acts several times over but doesn't quite seem to cross that threshold in my opinion. Only once does she act purely evil and that's when she tortures Koltira, had she executed him for disobeying her orders I maybe wouldn't have agreed with her but I could at least have understood her. But torture is an act of pure evil, because no matter how you argue studies time and again find that torture does nothing to extract admissions from prisoners and when they do they're incorrect.

This is her one time that Sylvanas acts in a way that is not only unacceptable but also impossible to sympathize with. But the question is if that one action is enough to make a character evil, I would say no and you might reasonably say yes. But if you argue that one act of torture renders a person evil by default then it's worth mentioning that Varian also suggested that Garrosh deserves a fate worse than death. And spreading that argument into reality both Obama and Bush were alright with the concept of torturing terrorists. So you can certainly argue that this act of torture makes them evil but by that logic you would also have to cede that everyone else who ever used or accepted torture is evil by default.

The reason why I don't brand Sylvanas evil by default as a result of torture is because she has made the uneducated assumption that torture gets results, which it doesn't. That does not make Sylvanas evil that just means that she had a moment of stupidity, which we're all allowed so even though the action was an act of pure evil her intention wasn't. (As far as I think that is.)

Trust me there's no idea, I've brought up Lillian more times than I care to count they both dismiss her and anyone resembling her instantly.

We dismissed her because she had no bearing at all on the fucking argument being made. Not every single fuckin' person in an entire kingdom is some brave adventurer. Not everyone can handle situations as well as one of those wandering warriors, or soldiers. Not everyone is a fuckin' dragonslayer and the entire point was the impact undeath would have on normal people.

In that context nobody gives a fuck about your point about voss because it's irrelevant to the point. Jesus fucking christ.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
We dismissed her because she had no bearing at all on the fucking argument being made. Not every single fuckin' person in an entire kingdom is some brave adventurer. Not everyone can handle situations as well as one of those wandering warriors, or soldiers. Not everyone is a fuckin' dragonslayer and the entire point was the impact undeath would have on normal people.

In that context nobody gives a fuck about your point about voss because it's irrelevant to the point. Jesus fucking christ.

Dafaq?
It is highly relevant as she shows that you are given a choice in serving unlike what the Lich King did.

edit:
As stated in the val'kyr wiki: Val'kyr

They would be used wisely and with a purpose, as a bulwark to safeguard her and their kingdom. A bulwark that grows stronger as the val'kyr raises the living's dead to bolster their numbers, even with former enemies joining their ranks. This is due to the fact those raised by the Val'kyr who die in combat or under extreme stress, enter into a violent, frenzied state. Undead in this state are easily manipulated and their rage is often directed at the foes of those who raised them.

Emphasis on the keyword "manipulated", not mindcontrol.

After the effects wear off, the remaining resurrected are given the option of joining the Forsaken or being returned to the grave.

There is also this: Ask CDev
Why do some Alliance soldiers raised by the Forsaken immediately become loyal to the Forsaken while others do not? Are they being mind controlled? If so, by whom - Sylvanas or the Val'kyr? How does this relate to the fact that the Forsaken cultural identity is based on their free will and rebellion against the Lich King?
Free will is one of the cornerstones of Forsaken culture, with the great capacity for both good and evil that it entails. However, some undead, especially those who die in combat or under extreme stress and are raised soon after, enter into a violent, frenzied state. Undeadin this state are easily manipulated and their rage is often directed at the foes of those who raised them. After the effects wear off, if the risen corpse has not been destroyed, they are given the same ultimatum that other Forsaken are offered: join the Dark Lady or return to the grave.

Official confirmation.

Last edited:
Level 24
It does not have to yield results, as long as she does something about it she is saved politically if that makes sense?

Sort of, but there are several FAR better things you could do if your desire is to save grace, exile him or kill him (which has to be nicer than an existance of torture if you ask me.) Torture is still an evil upon the world.

I know that my pal already gave an answer but really? Is Lilian really irrelevant on the topic, does the Forsaken have free will which you've raised:

Much of what was important, what made people human is apparently gone. No hunger. No thirst. No emotion. No warmth. No rest. Just coldness. Emptiness.

This is the context in which I've raised Lilian Voss and you're going to tell me that her personality and free will is irrelevant to the topic "does the Forsaken have emotions and free will?" Really, you've got to try a bit harder than that when pulling things out your arse. :D

Free will is one of the cornerstones of Forsaken culture, with the great capacity for both good and evil that it entails. However, some undead, especially those who die in combat or under extreme stress and are raised soon after, enter into a violent, frenzied state. Undeadin this state are easily manipulated and their rage is often directed at the foes of those who raised them. After the effects wear off, if the risen corpse has not been destroyed, they are given the same ultimatum that other Forsaken are offered: join the Dark Lady or return to the grave.

Amazing catch there @Chaosy I actually did not know that one.

Lawful evil. Certainly not chaotic. Does not seem like an neutral character.

Fair enough, though I think she's more on the neutral side.

Level 24
Alright. I'll use simple terms. I'm talking about the villagers. Normal people who've probably spent their lives farming.

How can you not grasp that? That is fucking astounding.

And how do you not grasp this, I've talked about that earlier too, first you used the voice lines as an example which I said was a great example but all other races have voice lines equally devoid of emotion because they are relics from 12 years ago when voice acting was basically not a thing that existed in WoW. Second, you talked about the quest mobs not having a lot of emotion to which I brought up the human quests for comparison and their quest texts were just as empty of emotions. Not only did I bring up 1 quest, I brought up six quests all from the same town.

What is it we are not grasping because all examples you've given me I've talked about.

Level 24
XD so, if i i'm a forsie, and i'm tired of serve the banshee queen because reasons, will they take the time to call forth a Valkyr to take my life with a gentle touch, or will they cut my throat and toss me to a hole?

Last time I checked Lilian Voss was allowed to live independently from the Forsaken without any attempt at vengeance from the Forsaken as well as a load of forsaken volunteers who went to Draenor.

Level 6
A big no-no. She is just longing for her survival and her people. and nothing more.
I believe Bolvar had more chances of becoming evil rather than Sylvanas, we could be fighting alongside with her Forsaken against that lich king (probably becomes insane because of Yogg-Saron's whispers.). Watch out for undead Draenei too comin' that time in reference to Velen's vision.

Level 24
To be completly honest with you @Doomcore I don't think Sylvanas cares enough about Bolvar to do anything about him, not unless he gets more val'kyrs to serve him which she'd want to liberate.

Level 6
To be completly honest with you @Doomcore I don't think Sylvanas cares enough about Bolvar to do anything about him, not unless he gets more val'kyrs to serve him which she'd want to liberate.
More probably. She is a little self-centered to me perhaps. Man, do you think Bolvar would be insane soon? For me, I don't think Sylvanas would end up like Garrosh because of her large fanbase. That will be cool if we see the three Windrunners reunite.

Level 24
More probably. She is a little self-centered to me perhaps. Man, do you think Bolvar would be insane soon?

As someone who has done the Death Knight campaign in Legion I can say that they're clearly playing him up as a future antagonist, his attempt seems to be to reunite the Ebon Blade under the scourge as he seem to need them.

For me, I don't think Sylvanas would end up like Garrosh because of her large fanbase. That will be cool if we see the three Windrunners reunite.

That is going to happen the question is only when, as we see in this dialogue between Alleria and Vereesa a reunion is being built up:

[YOUTUBE]
[/YOUTUBE]

Level 6
Sylvanas comited suicide after seeing Bolvar, clearly she did not care as she did with Arthas, she would never die before getting her revenge.
Yes, higher chance it is. But her demeanor and personality is so tricky and insidious that we can't even predict.

As someone who has done the Death Knight campaign in Legion I can say that they're clearly playing him up as a future antagonist, his attempt seems to be to reunite the Ebon Blade under the scourge as he seem to need them.]
I strongly agree with that fact. Do you think Bolvar now serves Yogg-Saron? Or there might be an epic moment we have to finally defeat Bolvar but Yogg-Saron rises up and consumes Bolvar, that will be a poetic end. Well then, as supplement to this fact:
capture-jpg.281647

Gonna watch this now, this looks new. Bellulargaming and Nobbel's speculations really satisfies me halfly. I'm gonna look into this.. :)

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 672
Level 24
Do you think Bolvar now serves Yogg-Saron? Or there might be an epic moment we have to finally defeat Bolvar but Yogg-Saron rises up and consumes Bolvar, that will be a poetic end. Well then, as supplement to this fact:

That's tough, on one hand both Yogg-Saron and Bolvar would be desperate, Yogg-Saron is about to lose the battle of Azeroth to N'Zoth and Bolvar's Scourge has been mostly decimated and he himself is locked inside a prison unable to personality influence events, at least to a significant degree. It is certainly possible that they'd forge an alliance and seeing as the Lich King has a past with the Old God I wouldn't be surprised, with that said though we don't really have any events that supports that theory so it's a weak one in its current state.

What I can say for sure is that without the val'kyrs are necessary in order for the Lich King to regain any power significant enough to challenge the world again and if he does the entire might of the Horde would turn against him as Sylvanas would never let a chance like that pass her by. No Alliance leader holds control of the faction but the faction instead works as a peace treaty while every race does its own thing, Genn wants revenge against Sylvanas, Velen wants to fight the Legion, the night elves try to safe-guard Val'sharah and who knows what the others are doing. Sylvanas is with no doubt in my mind the most powerful mortal on Azeroth, getting her attention is a viciously bad thing to do and that would probably be Bolvar's undoing.

Level 6
That's tough, on one hand both Yogg-Saron and Bolvar would be desperate, Yogg-Saron is about to lose the battle of Azeroth to N'Zoth and Bolvar's Scourge has been mostly decimated and he himself is locked inside a prison unable to personality influence events, at least to a significant degree. It is certainly possible that they'd forge an alliance and seeing as the Lich King has a past with the Old God I wouldn't be surprised, with that said though we don't really have any events that supports that theory so it's a weak one in its current state.

What I can say for sure is that without the val'kyrs are necessary in order for the Lich King to regain any power significant enough to challenge the world again and if he does the entire might of the Horde would turn against him as Sylvanas would never let a chance like that pass her by. No Alliance leader holds control of the faction but the faction instead works as a peace treaty while every race does its own thing, Genn wants revenge against Sylvanas, Velen wants to fight the Legion, the night elves try to safe-guard Val'sharah and who knows what the others are doing. Sylvanas is with no doubt in my mind the most powerful mortal on Azeroth, getting her attention is a viciously bad thing to do and that would probably be Bolvar's undoing.

Hmm., N'zoth's going to raise the Black Empire again, maybe the next expansion, which will be cool if we see the naga, the nightmare, and some of his minions topple Azeroth. Yeah, I agree, Bolvar's being propped up to either way become antagonist in the future, but in fragile facts, all pretty vague details to hint if he would, but there is something we could consider, something subliminal and hidden with the fact that this lich king is red and had fire and ice elements. Let us leave Yogg and C'thun for awhile, they are just enjoying the passive state, include also that 'fifth' old god in the stars we need to drown into.
Nyarlathotep maybe? These old gods and Bolvar alongside need more details and stories to prop to before they will be unleashed as primary enemies. Bolvar is weak for now, as he is secretly amassing armies we don't know the purpose and reviving dead men, like Darion, Sally, and it will be cool if we see undead Uther, Tirion, and even Varian, a fel-undead ash-made Varian lol. :D

I agree that Sylvanas is the most powerful mortal ever since the night elves lost their immortality. But her vague and unpredictability gives her fanbase on the edge of two possible outcome of her fate, be on good or bad side. I think Sylvanas doesn't even care about Kel'thuzad instead, as he is there when Silvermoon was invaded. But that guy, I don't know, maybe he is lurking or lost in the back half of Azeroth.

Level 24
Hmm., N'zoth's going to raise the Black Empire again, maybe the next expansion,

I would hardly call it a maybe, we've seen the Void Lords frequently in the Argus patch, we have Xal'atath

We also have Wrathion who indicated that they'd come after the Legion was dealt with (which matches what Xal'atath claims.) I know I've been saying the next expansion will be about the Old Gods since Cata (and in MoP I was correct just not in the way I thought I'd be.) Ever since 4.3 I've been advocating the Dark Below which now seems unavoidable.

Yeah, I agree, Bolvar's being propped up to either way become antagonist in the future, but in fragile facts, all pretty vague details to hint if he would, but there is something we could consider, something subliminal and hidden with the fact that this lich king is red and had fire and ice elements. Let us leave Yogg and C'thun for awhile, they are just enjoying the passive state, include also that 'fifth' old god

I've said since the start that there was five Old Gods, it is referenced first in WC3 and then in War of the ancients, in WotA the aspects say that to their knowledge three Old Gods are still around, this would obviously not include Y'Shaarj, but also not C'Thun as this was said prior to the War of the Shifting Sands which means everyone believed it to be dead. So they meant N'Zoth, Yogg-Saron and something else. But with that said the theory of a fifth Old God seems to have been debunked with this map. If there is a fifth Old God it needs have been defeated and driven from Kalimdor by the other four.

latest

Nyarlathotep maybe?

Eh... sure but I wouldn't expect him to be an Old God but rather a Void Lord in that case. And theories I've found on Nyarlathotep being the basis for a fifth Old God seems to link it to Tirisfal Glades which we've already gotten confirmed is not the site of an Old God. If there is a fifth Old God the only known location I'd expect it to be is Uldaman, due to the fact that we've only seen a small portion of the former city and this boss in the instance which has a description that states. "Whatever was responsible for the Obsidian Sentinel's transformation must be incredibly potent, for it is not easy to alter the enchanted stone of a titan construct."

These old gods and Bolvar alongside need more details and stories to prop to before they will be unleashed as primary enemies. Bolvar is weak for now, as he is secretly amassing armies we don't know the purpose and reviving dead men, like Darion, Sally, and it will be cool if we see undead Uther, Tirion, and even Varian, a fel-undead ash-made Varian lol. :D

Varian, Uther and Tyrion, but who would be the forth horseman? There's a lot of culture surrounding the Scourge which dictates four horsemen specifically. Maybe that would be Darion?

I agree that Sylvanas is the most powerful mortal ever since the night elves lost their immortality. But her vague and unpredictability gives her fanbase on the edge of two possible outcome of her fate, be on good or bad side. I think Sylvanas doesn't even care about Kel'thuzad instead, as he is there when Silvermoon was invaded. But that guy, I don't know, maybe he is lurking or lost in the back half of Azeroth.

I mean, if Kel'Thuzad came back and took control we could get our first Lich King who was actually... you know... a lich. :D But I doubt it, the only reason KT came back in the first place was because Blizzard f-cked up when making Naxx, they released it just a few months prior to TBC which meant that everyone knew any gear collected from Naxx would be useless so basically no one went there as there was no strategic reason to do so. Besides I'm kind of tired of fighting the same raid bosses over and over. We've fought Archimonde twice, Kil'Jaeden twice, Mannoroth twice, Neltharion twice, Onyxia thrice, Kel'Thuzad twice, Ragnaros twice, Anub'arak twice and the list goes on and on.

Last edited:
Level 6
I would hardly call it a maybe, we've seen the Void Lords frequently in the Argus patch, we have Xal'atath
Yep, I saw that, but they were just teasing and it will take more other battles until we confront these ethereal and misty beings.

We also have Wrathion who indicated that they'd come after the Legion was dealt with (which matches what Xal'atath claims.) I know I've been saying the next expansion will be about the Old Gods since Cata (and in MoP I was correct just not in the way I thought I'd be.) Ever since 4.3 I've been advocating the Dark Below which now seems unavoidable.
I agree with you. I don't trust Wrathion that much and that guy is some kind of weirdo. I hope they don't resurrect Galakrond to be on their side.

I've said since the start that there was five Old Gods, it is referenced first in WC3 and then in War of the ancients, in WotA the aspects say that to their knowledge three Old Gods are still around, this would obviously not include Y'Shaarj, but also not C'Thun as this was said prior to the War of the Shifting Sands which means everyone believed it to be dead. So they meant N'Zoth, Yogg-Saron and something else. But with that said the theory of a fifth Old God seems to have been debunked with this map. If there is a fifth Old God it needs have been defeated and driven from Kalimdor by the other four.
I think the fifth one was on the back half of Azeroth, reigning supreme on that portion. What if the back half was N'yalotha ruling other 'unseen' races and 'lost' races, oh, man, that would be cool. :D Maybe the fifth one was too clever that he buried himself in hiding or kept himself below before the titans imprison the other four.

Or maybe he's the one seeping from Azeroth's titan's (Elune?) wounds, as said in the latest patch.

If there is a fifth Old God it needs have been defeated and driven from Kalimdor by the other four.
Maybe the fifth was outcasted because he was too powerful. Then after the battle, Y'shaarj was then killed by Amanthul leaving N'zoth to be "I'm the strongest now, I would like to beat C'thun and Yoggs, so I send Vessax.". That could be the spec. ^^

Eh... sure but I wouldn't expect him to be an Old God but rather a Void Lord in that case. And theories I've found on Nyarlathotep being the basis for a fifth Old God seems to link it to Tirisfal Glades which we've already gotten confirmed is not the site of an Old God. If there is a fifth Old God the only known location I'd expect it to be is Uldaman, due to the fact that we've only seen a small portion of the former city and this boss in the instance which has a description that states. "Whatever was responsible for the Obsidian Sentinel's transformation must be incredibly potent, for it is not easy to alter the enchanted stone of a titan construct."
I never knew the lore within Uldaman, titanforged people are much more confusing to me as I get easily adapting to old gods stories. I read that sentinel one, so it concludes that stone giants and constructs don't get much affected by corruption so much but slightly.

Varian, Uther and Tyrion, but who would be the forth horseman? There's a lot of culture surrounding the Scourge which dictates four horsemen specifically. Maybe that would be Darion?
Could be Darion because he had chance to have compelling and more stories to tell. Or maybe the fourth could be Maraad, since Velen foresaw an undead draenei. :D

I mean, if Kel'Thuzad came back and took control we could get our first Lich King who was actually... you know... a lich. :D But I doubt it, the only reason KT came back in the first place was because Blizzard f-cked up when making Naxx, they released it just a few months prior to TBC which meant that everyone knew any gear collected from Naxx would be useless so basically no one went there as there was no strategic reason to do so. Besides I'm kind of tired of fighting the same raid bosses over and over. We've fought Archimonde twice, Kil'Jaeden twice, Mannoroth twice, Neltharion twice, Onyxia thrice, Kel'Thuzad twice, Ragnaros twice, Anub'arak twice and the list goes on and on.
And yeah, I even heard rumors of Hakkar returns again, oh no man, if he comes back that would mess up the game, as for the third time, that annoying guy must be beaten again. Maybe Kel'thuzad's status 'unknown' meant to be lost in Azeroth, somewhere in Nya'lotha, serving Yogg now, and establishing a third faction of undead. That would be cool. But in truth, many people think Kel'thuzad's story is over and nothing more to tell.

Level 24
Yep, I saw that, but they were just teasing and it will take more other battles until we confront these ethereal and misty beings.

Full disclaimer, I never said we'd fight the Void Lords, I think we'll fight a fully or semi-fully powered up Old God, (I know War of the Ancients says that if an Old God were to fully step onto Azeroth even Sargeras would be forced to kneel but Blizzard has had a tendancy in Legion to say "FOCK YOU!" to WotA.) I think the lore of the Void Lords will be explored further, at least to some extent and start us on a journey to prepare for the fight against the Void Lords, but do I think we'll actually fight a Void Lord? No.

I agree with you. I don't trust Wrathion that much and that guy is some kind of weirdo. I hope they don't resurrect Galakrond to be on their side.

Me too, only Malygos and Neltharion could kill Galakrond and they're not exactly present sadly. (Why did they kill of my favourite character? (Malygos))

I think the fifth one was on the back half of Azeroth, reigning supreme on that portion. What if the back half was N'yalotha

I love your speculation but here's a fact, Ny'alotha HAS to be on the other half of Azeroth, it's impossible for it not to be located there, Ny'alotha is a city from the times of the Black Empire and it is located under water. That means that it has to have been located under water prior to the Sundering, otherwise the people of Elun'dris (or Zin-Azshari as it was later named) would have run into it.

IGUHFXS.jpg

As we can see all central parts of Kalimdor was colonized by some race, mostly night elves but also some minor Troll settlements, We know the city can't have been located in Pandaria as the continent was untouched by the War of the Ancients. We also know it can't have been near Ulduar or Uldum since that was the territory of other Old Gods so if the city was ever on land it must have been on the eastern most parts of the Eastern Kingdoms which would make it impossible for it to get transported to near the Mealstrom as the eastern continent was pushed towards the east, not west. Then we get to one last problem, is it possible for Ny'alotha to have been located on the eastern parts? Because if it was that would have to mean that the city was moved after the Sundering along with N'Zoth's prison, we know the Titans didn't do that so then that must have been done by the servants of one of the Old Gods... but how? If they could move N'Zoth would they simply move him... oh I don't know, out of the damned prison?

With that said though there's one location on the main continents that Ny'alotha could theoretically be located in, Uldaman. The reason why I say it's theoretically possible and not reasonably possible is because N'Zoth's capital is located under water, which means that Uldaman would have to be the home to a gigantic under earth lake, which... seems a bit far fetched. So yes unless there's a gigantic under ground cave containing an ocean Ny'alotha would have to be located on the other half of the map or Blizzard has just said "F U" to logic... again. :D

ruling other 'unseen' races and 'lost' races, oh, man, that would be cool. :D Maybe the fifth one was too clever that he buried himself in hiding or kept himself below before the titans imprison the other four

A few questions regarding that, what has that Old God been doing all this time? Why has it allowed, C'Thun to almost destroy Azeroth twice, Yogg-Saron once and N'Zoth twice, it does realize that if any of those Old Gods were going to break loose that Old God would try to slay all the others, right? Why has it never struck even though Azeroth on multiple occasions have been close to annihilation, the aftermath of the War of the Ancients is a brilliant example, the mortal kingdoms had fallen and the dragons had been close to decimated to the point that they would never recover from their losses. Why not attack then, or any other time in fact?

Also assuming that this Old God had the power to make not only all traces of its empire disappear how did it succeed in getting all other residents forget that it existed. The other Old Gods would have a long history of fighting this Old God, the elementals would remember it. Are the Titans really that incompetent that they'd put 0% research into the planet? Don't get me wrong C'Thun managed to trick them that it was dead so clearly the Old Gods are smarter than the Titans but it still seems like a big "if" that this Old God could manage to make all traces of history dissapear.

Furthermore you cite "the three" reference that the Aspects make as the main bulk of proof for this Old God existing, but the issue with that is that if no one knew of this Old God, how could that "the three" statement apply? Or maybe you're citing the WarCraft three manual which cite that five Old Gods are imprisoned beneath the earth but then you make the assumption that it (the fifth Old God) is not in fact imprisoned at all. So you're going against the two statements you have mentioning the existence of a fifth Old God which kind of renders this theory illogical.

Or maybe he's the one seeping from Azeroth's titan's (Elune?) wounds, as said in the latest patch.

I'd really appreaciate to see a source for this, where in the Argus patch was this mentioned?

Then after the battle, Y'shaarj was then killed by Amanthul leaving N'zoth to be "I'm the strongest now, I would like to beat C'thun and Yoggs, so I send Vessax.". That could be the spec. ^^

No, no, no, N'Zoth was the weakest, at least if you believe Xal'atath, although I did speculate that Xal'atath was actually Yogg-Saron so it would be fair to say that Xal'atath has some bias against N'Zoth as Yogg-Saron shared a border with the other Old God and presumably fought many battles against it.

And yeah, I even heard rumors of Hakkar returns again, oh no man, if he comes back that would mess up the game, as for the third time, that annoying guy must be beaten again. Maybe Kel'thuzad's status 'unknown' meant to be lost in Azeroth, somewhere in Nya'lotha, serving Yogg now, and establishing a third faction of undead. That would be cool. But in truth, many people think Kel'thuzad's story is over and nothing more to tell.

Yea, if Hakkar is to be explored I'd rather have that be through the archeology profession, would be cool to explore the lore with all four secondary professions.

Status
Not open for further replies.