1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Discussion] Is Riot screwing LOL now?

Discussion in 'League of Legends' started by neo_sluf, May 12, 2016.

1. neo_sluf

neo_sluf

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I heard that Riot screw things on LOL like how the new heroes is unbalanced.

Can you please share to us what is happening right now?

I also heard this from a LoL video about new heroes design.

2. ~Nightmare

~Nightmare

Texture Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    You go on and try the game to see for yourself. Me myself doesn't think that the new heroes are unbalanced but the newly reworked mages are. I really don't like that new 'grounded' debuff which Cassiopeia's Miasma has.

3. The_Silent

The_Silent

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It is hard to balance in a test enviroment. And it is nothing new, new champions has always been unbalanced. Either too weak, or too strong.

4. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Maybe they are, but I don't think balance is the issue.

A friend of mine were quite angry about the new dragon RNG element, in fact many are upset about that.

5. Zed

Zed

Resources:
    Resources:
    The new champion is really balanced tho.

6. Mr. Gameplay Knowledge

Mr. Gameplay Knowledge

Resources:
    Resources:
    Taric was always a overpowered support.
    It exist no enemy champion that i cannot handle with him. ^^

7. blancfaye7

blancfaye7

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    What I really dislike about LoL now is the Mage rework or something as well as the Dragon elements. The Dragon Elements make it seem optional, or if you take it away from the enemy, it might seem useless if your team had the buff. This is only one I can think of.

I was starting to main Kindred, and the nerf hammer struck. It made me quit for good, unless my friends want me to play as Amumu.

8. Arad MNK

Arad MNK

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    To the title: sort of.
    It's not the new champions always (Because these champs are either buffed or nerfed asap like Illaoi who got nerfed and Tayliah who got buffed), but the new patches. The only good patch I remember was the update that introduced the new draft GUI.

However some old champs are still pretty op and are broken (nerfplz). For instance we have LeBlanc, Fizz, and (maybe? It's just the skill) Zed.
    Garen can be a pain too.

Mid season update was, meh. Dragons are worthless (unless you got level 3 ocean drake as Mundo or Garen). Malzahar can solo drag at level 4 (with runes)!!

Zed ultimate shadow can be switched even from fountain to fountain. So ult somewhere far then go in and back off if you didnt get cced.

Taric (reworked) jungle got an S.

Riot is sometimes joking with us in general.

9. Mr. Gameplay Knowledge

Mr. Gameplay Knowledge

Resources:
    Resources:
    How the fk can u play Taric as jungle,he have only one offensive ability.
    So i bet that u got a lot of asists.

10. Wietlol

Wietlol

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    It is hard if not impossible to keep a game balanced with so much content being added to it in such a small period of time.
    Not to mention that the skill level of the League designers and developers is of ex-Warcraft 3 modding level which lead to much spaghetti code and little in-depth sight on the actual game creation.
    In the past years they developed from that to a really serious business so there is not much to look down to any more, but whatever.

As I said, it is extremely hard to keep League balanced.
    Imagine changing one item? How many people use that item on which champions? Do these champions decrease/increase their power level by the change of this item? etc etc etc.
    Bringing a new champion to the rift also has to be balanced with hundreds of items, hundreds of champions and thousands of matchups.
    I have seen games where I play as an underdog where the game is so terribly unbalanced that the opposing team cannot do shit against us. Why? You do not know. How can you change that? You do not know. So balancing is hard to do and imho it is very well done.

Also, it is kind of the meta of the games.
    Last time I spoke about this tanks in general were buffed (the juggernaut meta). Response? Noone played assassins because they would be useless anyway. So assassins got buffed. Response? Noone played squishy champions any more so they got some nice protection items. Response? You can actually go on forever and predict upcoming meta :D
    But the big point is that game changes are also done based on how many people play a specific champion.

Specific champions being OP is not always as it seems it is.
    I recall Irelia who was insanely overpowered and people were continually complaining about her "Better nerf Irelia!".
    Then on one day a patch came out and in the patch notes, you could see Irelia got nerfed. So everyone was happy.
    The patch after that, they said that the changes were made 6 patches earlier and just not added to the patch notes.
    Hence the meme "Better nerf Irelia!".

I believe skill level is much more important than meta. And as long as you enjoy playing your champions, you should go for it.
    I play Maokai APC Mid for 2 years now. (Stupid koreans are now copying me.) And main Ziggs even longer than I am level 30.
    I like to play those champions, so I play them, independent from what I am against.

11. That_Guy_There

That_Guy_There

Resources:
    Resources:
    Did they nerf Jhin? Or is He really just balanced... I remember when it was released ton of players are rocking with it

Last edited: Jul 17, 2016
  12. Death Adder

Death Adder

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah, this is where Heroes of the Storm (blizzard) made it easy (relatively) for themselves by having talents instead of items, they can make individual changes to characters much more easily since the heroes (HotS) can't choose every talent but champions (LoL) can buy any item.