• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Is it save to use WE now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrRious

M

MrRious

I've heard that if you load older maps on World Editor's newest patch it corrupts them.

Is this problem solved now or should I avoid using WE?

Level 8
I haven't checked myself yet, but devs say it save now
upload_2019-6-18_11-1-52.png

Level 4
The editor doesn’t work for my map project. It is laggy, crashes, and slow to use. I went back to 1.30.04. They told me they are investigating the problem.

It looks very individual. I have been able to open my maps and develop them safely but that doesn't mean others haven't had a lot of bugs and issues. I say make a backup of your 1.30.4 files, update your game and then try the editor. Check if you can open the map and save it without any errors. Then you play through the saved version to verify that everything is working. If you can do all of that without encountering any issues I'd say it's safe to use it for that map. Repeat the process with all your maps.

Level 5
You could just make a copy of all of your warcraft 3 folder and label it 1.30.4 then update so you would have both versions just in case you need it. If you already updated you can get the old version thanks to Nudl9 here.
My map still has some issues with the newer version so I may never be using that newest version with that map.

Level 23
You could just make a copy of all of your warcraft 3 folder and label it 1.30.4 then update so you would have both versions just in case you need it. If you already updated you can get the old version thanks to Nudl9 here.
My map still has some issues with the newer version so I may never be using that newest version with that map.
this guy knows whats up

Status
Not open for further replies.