• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

World Editor version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hello again.

Sometimes when i try to open some map, it gives me warning that "This map is saved in more recent version of world editor", and that it may cause problems or something.

So, if i can ask, where can i download newest WC3 World Editor version? Or is it updated with new patch? 'cause ive got 2Warcrafts on computer, one older and one newer patch (but both are old), since some maps does not work on old/new one.
Edit: Pft, "GUI Damage Engine" has been disabled due to errors. I really need newer version.

And also, will i be able to open maps on which im working right now with older version?

Thanks for help.

Level 19
Hello again.

Sometimes when i try to open some map, it gives me warning that "This map is saved in more recent version of world editor", and that it may cause problems or something.

So, if i can ask, where can i download newest WC3 World Editor version? Or is it updated with new patch? 'cause ive got 2Warcrafts on computer, one older and one newer patch (but both are old), since some maps does not work on old/new one.
Edit: Pft, "GUI Damage Engine" has been disabled due to errors. I really need newer version.

And also, will i be able to open maps on which im working right now with older version?

Thanks for help.

"GUI Damage Engine has been disabled due to errors" um... if that was truly GUI than it wouldn't be disabled unless it uses hashes and your vers is so old to not use hashes. The world editor is updated with warcraft 3, so your going to have to download the patch by going on battle.net or going here and dl it manually. If you don't want to do that, just send me the map and ill tell you if u need to update it...

Also, what you said is 100% wrong. If you have the map unprotected that wont work in the latest patch, than it probably uses a typecasting exploit and that needs to be fixed, which almost anyone that knows JASS can do. If it purely doesn't open in one editor, it wont open in the other . . .

That doesn't help him at all...

Level 7
Well, i downloaded plenty of maps from this and some other site, and most of them does not work- for example, Kingdom of Kaliron (i really wanted to play that). (when i start WC3 that map just does not show there)

But i will see what will happen after downloading latest patch - hope i will be finally able to play some more maps :D
And thanks.

Level 11
I believe your problem comes from a bug in this version of the damage engine. You need to create a timer variable named DmgEvTimer. Assumed that would've been fixed by now, guess not.

Maps not showing up might be really old maps that abused a world editor bug that was fixed. A lot of maps used it and were made unplayable (not showing up in any of WC3's maps folders in-game) when it was fixed.

If you open a map saved with the default World Editor using JNGP, it will say it was saved with a newer version of the editor because JNGP is missing some hash table functions in the GUI.

Level 7
Well, i found new problem:

I reinstalled WC3, and when i wanted to install patch 1.26 error like this occured:

"Blizzard PrePatch v2.70 compiled on Jul 7 2003
This program patches Warcraft 3

Log created at 9:36 am on 01/15/2012

Registry error loading key 'Warcraft III\InstallPath'
System cannot find selected file.

RESULT: Prepatch failed"

Anybody knows whats the big problem with this?

Level 9
Looks like you (or someone) manualy moved previous version. More or less somewhere in MicroSoft register is note 'Warcraft III\InstallPath' that have diffrent path that is in real. Download some cleaner and check your registers.

Did you give someone you cd-key? If so you alredy lost it.

Possible problems if you cannot see a map on the list:

1)Incompatible version
2)Too long file name

As for the Map saved with a more recent one, its normal if you open maps made on the normal WE using NewGen since the editor that newgen uses is versioned as 1.21... there's nothing really to worry about it anyway...

Status
Not open for further replies.