• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Is it possible to even issue unload?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I was just thinking its kind of odd. I mean even using ForceUIKey i cannot get it to unload. So i was wondering if anyone can figure out how to issue unload all.

I'm using the Entangle GoldMine Instant Unload ability; cause it has no target point requirement.
What's been tried so far?:
I've tried 852047,852048, and 852049 as an order id : / <--Scratch this, it was 852049 for unload all
Even forcing the hotkey doesn't seem to do anything.< - Scratch this, it works! But strange how theres no id for this?
Using print orders i got OxD004F and now i tried this as well.
Also tried issuing the units that were loaded an unload order just for kicks.

Test the map type -load to load up several units that are created on spot(I intend to use for a spell like bar). And then try unloading the cancel icon(footman) which should unload everything so you can see the unit's stats display again.

As for the preventorders thing i was trying to fuddle around with it to see if i could get it to work so that it would save and continue move orders etc. I'm not exactly using it completely right though i guess. The triggering is kind of poor cause i'm just setting up some tests to see if this is really a workable idea.

Download the testmap here: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/2014249-post20.html

Last edited:
Level 7
It's initialized in another scope. I'll reupload test map with some changes. It's just i've been changing stuff around a lot for several tests. Still nothing seems able to cause the unit to unload.

Level 7
I completely removed the group part. It was from another test i did which was ordering units inside to unload; but alas it was kind of a stupid test in the first place. Either way nothing seems to get unload to be issued. You can re-download the test map and try for urself or look at the code in that same post.

Edit: ForceUIKey seems to work since removing the group thing. I guess that can surfice for now. :D

Level 7
Yeah i guess my previous tests were kind of faulty cause i didn't think it was halting the code with the group that wasn't declared in that trigger.

So the order does coincide. : D

Also, waterknight you might want to consider this. You were saying how it's annoying that you cannot show spell cooldowns. You could use transport units and set their life to represent the cooldown. You can even make them unclickable if you want by adding the root ability ordering the unit to load a bunch of units then order to unroot then removing root. For some reason it keeps the units inside but doesn't let you unload them at all.
Then re-adding cargo i think refreshes it clearing the units out.
Just an idea might be interesting to fool around with really.

Status
Not open for further replies.