• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Is it posible to import sound voice for any unit's voices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Just like the title
Is it possible to import sound voice for unit's voices ?
so when I click that unit or order it to move, the imported sound voice is played.

Thanks be4 :smile:

Level 8
hmm.. it's like this: Find a voice commands of the some unit (the one you will never use, or will w/e), you can find that in Sound Editor. For example Sound Editor - Units - Arthas: and there you see things like ArthasPissed, ArthasWarcry, ArthasWhat, etc. Now if you want to use some other voice command. Find some voice commands, import them via Import Manager. And the click on Arthas sounds, replace every sound (Replace Internal Sound) with the ones you imported. When setting a unit that you want to have the sounds, you the use Object Editor - Your Unit - Sound - Unit Sound Set - and you set it to Arthas, or whatever unit that you changed the voice commands.

Level 4
Ehmm.. this is the simplest explanation it gets, I did this LONG time ago so it's possible that I said something wrong.

Is it possible to simply switch between units' voices?
(arthas with anything like arthas but when u attack he say illidan's attack voice, without making the import thing because it make bigger map size)

Level 8
Is it possible to simply switch between units' voices?
(arthas with anything like arthas but when u attack he say illidan's attack voice, without making the import thing because it make bigger map size)

It is possible, but, you would have to override the ArthasAttack voice with the one from the Illidan. Or you could export Illidan's voice and then replace the arthas sound with the one from the Illidan. Hmm... Don't know, I don't actually mind about Map Size, since now it's moved to 8 MB. But, if I recall right, you can convert the sound type, to some other type, which would be smaller. But I really forgot all about that.

Level 4
Don't know, I don't actually mind about Map Size, since now it's moved to 8 MB. But, if I recall right, you can convert the sound type, to some other type, which would be smaller. But I really forgot all about that.

2 seconds of sound "GoodJob" = 220 kb

Level 1
hmm.. it's like this: Find a voice commands of the some unit (the one you will never use, or will w/e), you can find that in Sound Editor. For example Sound Editor - Units - Arthas: and there you see things like ArthasPissed, ArthasWarcry, ArthasWhat, etc. Now if you want to use some other voice command. Find some voice commands, import them via Import Manager. And the click on Arthas sounds, replace every sound (Replace Internal Sound) with the ones you imported. When setting a unit that you want to have the sounds, you the use Object Editor - Your Unit - Sound - Unit Sound Set - and you set it to Arthas, or whatever unit that you changed the voice commands.

Thanks for the explantion :thumbs_up:
+REP

Status
Not open for further replies.