1. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

irony and ignorance =p

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by The_wand_mirror, Jun 5, 2009.

1. WILL THE ALMIGHTY

WILL THE ALMIGHTY

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Really, why?

2. Masiah

Masiah

Resources:
    Resources:
    You get to sacrifice virgins.

3. WILL THE ALMIGHTY

WILL THE ALMIGHTY

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    That's not what most people want to do with virgins.

4. Hakeem

Hakeem

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Maybe we ought to "Hail Satan!" when bad stuff happens. :p
    Yes, many of them can. Atheists can see it this way too.
    What do you know about Satanism to say that? (Or maybe you actually know what Satanism is and know that you really don't qualify. Hard to tell, really. :p)

You really hit the nail on the head with the title "irony and ignorance =p" there, The_wand_mirror. :p

5. Pyramidhe@d

Pyramidhe@d

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    well i see christianity as a religion of restrictions.
    its always you cant kill other people, you cant steal, you cant sleep with your neighbour's wife, you cant be greedy etc etc. and if you screw up once, you are a sinner and you go to hell

where satnism is a religion without restrictions, basically do w/e the hell you want, the satan will help you out if your willing to make a deal.
    you live a life of absolute freedom and carefreeness and die.

better to live free than die to become a saint

this was only a hypothetical answer. i am an atheist and i dont endorse killing for fun or doing your neighbours' wives and etc.

6. The Reborn Devil

The Reborn Devil

Resources:
    Resources:
    Burn him!!!!!!

7. The_wand_mirror

The_wand_mirror

Resources:
    Resources:
    Too old for me anyway ;)

8. Keiji

Keiji

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Alright, let me start by saying that I am a full blood Atheist.

Now, The wand mirror, you've completely gotten this the wrong way. Being a Satanist have to include Satan in some way or the other, thus not believing in anything religious, and not being very fond of Christianity is not being Satanistc. Its called more or less being Atheistic, or nothing at all.

And, Hakeem, the term Atheistic Satanism is a headline referrance to various smaller sorts of Satanism, such as Symbolic Satanism. The belief still includes Satan, but more like symbol of freedom and self-control. Not as the religious figure known through Christianity and Theistic Satanism, yet all the same it is based on the same thing; Satan.

This also means that your statement about that Atheists and Satanists are more or less the same thing or considering themselves as the same thing isnt right. Shortly spoken, Satanism includes satan, while Atheism does not, any Atheist believing in Satan is no longer an Atheist, thus again, not right at all. And no, I cant see it that way.

In the end Satanism and Atheism is two different things, yet I wont say VASTLY different as Satanism is a very covering word, including various beliefs, which is; Symbolic Satanism, Theistic Satanism, Temple of Set and LeVeyan Satanism. Which all are different in each of their ways, yet at the same time includes the very figure of Satan in some way or the other. Yet I can see how people tend to believe that their more or less the same thing.

9. Masiah

Masiah

Resources:
    Resources:
    I agree... but wasn't Set the egyptian god of thirst and the desert? That's more of a paganism than a satanism.

Religion requires sacrifice. You can always keep some for yourself. :D

10. Pyramidhe@d

Pyramidhe@d

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    paganism is defined by religion predating christianity. basically all the religion in the world other than christianity can be seen as paganism. it's just an old way of olden day christians saying "fuck you low life" to other religious groups.

11. Masiah

Masiah

Resources:
    Resources:
    As far as I rememeber, the egyptian civilisation predates christianity, and by quite a bit. So technically, it is a paganism as far is language is concerned.

12. HappyTauren

HappyTauren

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I am an atheist. I don't worship satan. I don't believe in anything that is not material, I don't believe in god, satan, religion, or anything of that shit. I know why I have feelings, cause it's a chemical process. I don't worship anything. So I am a satanist? Kill yourself.

13. Keiji

Keiji

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Temple of Set is a cult formed in 1975 by members of the priesthood of the church of satan, due to administrative and philosophical disagreements. - Taken from Wikipedia.

So yeah, temple of set is a satanic cult, and have very little to do with the egyptian god Set.

14. Pyramidhe@d

Pyramidhe@d

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    i think he is refering to Set, also known as Seth

15. The_wand_mirror

The_wand_mirror

Resources:
    Resources:
    There is a kind of satanism where they do not ''whorship'' anything.

Anyways, if you look around you will notice that Satanism is a very vague religion and has many kinds scattered around.

The one's i know are Satanism that is about ''the god in man'', Devil Worship and Anti-Cosmic Satanism.

And you better stop discussing satanism with me if you don't know what ''Azerate 128'' means.

EDIT: Didn't read you're whole post, but i don't get why you're saying that while i already thought i pointed that out. Only you seem to know the names etc. which i do not.

God... HappyTauren.... Atheists have a lot in common with the first kind of Satanism i mean... that is the only point.

16. Masiah

Masiah

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yep.

And regarding satanism-atheism, christians are prone to name anything "not" christian satanic. So it's understandable that Atheism may be seen as a form of Satanism by some christians.

17. Hakeem

Hakeem

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You can include him as a mere idea.
    Nobody is nothing at all. Even if they were, we have made a label for them already. That label would be "nobody."
    Yes.
    That is not what I said. What I said is that they can easily overlap. Many atheists also classify as satanists.
    Not so much for atheistic satanism. The concept of Satan is just widespread.
    Atheism merely states that he does not exist. Hence atheistic satanism. Someone can be both a satanist and an atheist.
    Then you are not one of the atheists I was talking about.
    Dunno. You left out a defining detail. Do you live for yourself?
    Satanic != satanism.

18. Masiah

Masiah

Resources:
    Resources:
    Now I wonder, if I say I'm God, where do I belong?

19. Ham Ham

Ham Ham

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    satanist = person who worship satan
    atheist = person who dont worship anything

If he dont worship god, he is just an atheist.

Also, The term "Satanist Atheist" is just impossible. You cant be atheist and workship something at same time.

20. Hakeem

Hakeem

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    False.