• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

irony and ignorance =p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
As far as I rememeber, the egyptian civilisation predates christianity, and by quite a bit. So technically, it is a paganism as far is language is concerned.

Level 36
I agree... but wasn't Set the egyptian god of thirst and the desert? That's more of a paganism than a satanism.

Religion requires sacrifice. You can always keep some for yourself. :D

Temple of Set is a cult formed in 1975 by members of the priesthood of the church of satan, due to administrative and philosophical disagreements. - Taken from Wikipedia.

So yeah, temple of set is a satanic cult, and have very little to do with the egyptian god Set.

Level 27
Now, The wand mirror, you've completely gotten this the wrong way. Being a Satanist have to include Satan in some way or the other, thus not believing in anything religious, and not being very fond of Christianity is not being Satanistc. Its called more or less being Atheistic, or nothing at all.

There is a kind of satanism where they do not ''whorship'' anything.

Anyways, if you look around you will notice that Satanism is a very vague religion and has many kinds scattered around.

The one's i know are Satanism that is about ''the god in man'', Devil Worship and Anti-Cosmic Satanism.

And you better stop discussing satanism with me if you don't know what ''Azerate 128'' means.

EDIT: Didn't read you're whole post, but i don't get why you're saying that while i already thought i pointed that out. Only you seem to know the names etc. which i do not.

God... HappyTauren.... Atheists have a lot in common with the first kind of Satanism i mean... that is the only point.

Level 13
i think he is refering to Set, also known as Seth

Yep.

And regarding satanism-atheism, christians are prone to name anything "not" christian satanic. So it's understandable that Atheism may be seen as a form of Satanism by some christians.

Level 27
Being a Satanist have to include Satan in some way or the other,
You can include him as a mere idea.
Its called more or less being Atheistic, or nothing at all.
Nobody is nothing at all. Even if they were, we have made a label for them already. That label would be "nobody."
And, Hakeem, the term Atheistic Satanism is a headline referrance to various smaller sorts of Satanism, such as Symbolic Satanism. The belief still includes Satan, but more like symbol of freedom and self-control. Not as the religious figure known through Christianity and Theistic Satanism, yet all the same it is based on the same thing; Satan.
Yes.
This also means that your statement about that Atheists and Satanists are more or less the same thing or considering themselves as the same thing isnt right.
That is not what I said. What I said is that they can easily overlap. Many atheists also classify as satanists.
Satanism includes satan,
Not so much for atheistic satanism. The concept of Satan is just widespread.
Atheism does not
Atheism merely states that he does not exist. Hence atheistic satanism. Someone can be both a satanist and an atheist.
I cant see it that way.
Then you are not one of the atheists I was talking about.
I am an atheist. I don't worship satan. I don't believe in anything that is not material, I don't believe in god, satan, religion, or anything of that shit. I know why I have feelings, cause it's a chemical process. I don't worship anything. So I am a satanist?
Dunno. You left out a defining detail. Do you live for yourself?
And regarding satanism-atheism, christians are prone to name anything "not" christian satanic. So it's understandable that Atheism may be seen as a form of Satanism by some christians.
Satanic != satanism.

Level 21
Satanism can mean either a general disregard for values and morality thus leading to an exciting life of abusing people, alcohol, sex and rock'n'roll, shouting at nuns and worhsipping a goat "for fun" ; from this comes satanism as a definition of pure free will and freedom, out from the alienating frontiers of "respect", "morality" and other abstract concepts ; it can also mean a theological approach that believes in god as in satan (not as a goat and a bearded grandpa but more as philosophical concepts) and sides with satan, for example because they consider the coming of christ as a loss of power and a proof of weakness ; then, some "satanists" believe in a "satan" that is entropy and a force that leads to the destruction and deviation of anything ; finally you have the LaVey satanism which is some kind of ultraliberal (in the economic sense) theory applied to every aspect of life, a kind of satanism that especially sucks if you ask me. All of those are elitist in some extent. There is also the mass media satanism of marilyn manson fanboys, that one could call "another face of stupidity" without mistaking much.
That is my opinion of course.

Level 6
i can simply tell you what the guy was trying to tell you... hes non religious...

but technically you cant be non religious because if you believe that anything on this world truly is there and exists, then you would have to believe that something somewhere somehow created it. so technically everyone in this world believes that a god created this world, because some how all this shit had to get here... that is unless that you dont believe anything in this world exist and well if you dont believe anything in this world exists you are truly a retard. (the big bang has been scientifically proven false btw)

I don't believe God made anything, and I don't even believe in Big Bang. What I believe in, is that our knowledge of physics and chemistry so far is LACKING, thus why we can't explain shit. We try to reach stars, yet we don't know what is under fucking water. We create shit religious theories so we have a backup for our lack of goddamn knowledge.

Level 7
Non-Christian = Atheist, not Satanist!

False, a non-christian can be a muslim, hindu, or other religion.

well i see christianity as a religion of restrictions.
its always you cant kill other people, you cant steal, you cant sleep with your neighbour's wife, you cant be greedy etc etc. and if you screw up once, you are a sinner and you go to hell

where satnism is a religion without restrictions, basically do w/e the hell you want, the satan will help you out if your willing to make a deal.
you live a life of absolute freedom and carefreeness and die.

better to live free than die to become a saint

this was only a hypothetical answer. i am an atheist and i dont endorse killing for fun or doing your neighbours' wives and etc.

This is also false, since you can repent your sins...

Also, I consider the 10 commandments more of guidelines to life. Imagine if the world respected the words of God. An almost perfect world, living in peace. Isn't [a part of] humanity striving to achieve this? I think the Apocalypse is the moment when humanity respects the word of God, a sinless, fresh world.

satanist = person who worship satan
atheist = person who dont worship anything

If he dont worship god, he is just an atheist.

Also, The term "Satanist Atheist" is just impossible. You cant be atheist and workship something at same time.

Not really, if he doesn't worship god, he can worship nature or bunnies or other shit, like I said some lines ago.

And also, satanism can be considered the denial of god. Oh and also, satan isn't much of a person, satan is also a feeling and state of being.

And I think that MAN can be more evil than Satan. Seriously now.

Level 17
Didn't read all of this, but I can say:
The_Silent said:
Now really!? People, before you start talking and talking and talking get to know some general information on religiosity.

Ever heard of the NUMEROUS religions present in this world?
I'm gonna count only some of the religions that would sound familiar to you other than Christianity:
- Islam
- Hinduism
- Judaism
- Buddhism

And these are only the usually known ones... there are still many others.

So if someone doesn't believe in Christianity it doesn't mean that he's an Atheist.
Even those who don't believe in God don't necessarily have to be Atheists, as some religions don't believe in God whom many religions believe in.

That who is an Atheist is that who has no religious beliefs of any kind.

Being an Atheist has nothing to do with being a Satanist, as for being a Satanist you're believing in something.

Religiosity is a very huge topic, so I think reading or watching something on the topic before judging and commenting would be smart of you.

Level 35

I believe this fellow was speaking exclusively in very loose, and general terms, since Christianity's interpretation of Satan, and Christianity is at this moment, and time...the religion opposing the satanic faiths in question.

Hinduism, Buddhism, and the other Eastern faiths do not have a satanic figure if I recall correctly, being based entirely at its root on the cyclical phases of nature, applying material, and natural physics to a spiritual concept.

Islam, and Judaism have satanic figures:

Satan in Islam is named Iblis, of which I am not familiar with Islam's view on Angels, or Heavenly originated beings.

Satan in Judaism being the Accuser, the one who goes before God and says:

"Behold this man, if you were not so kind to him, he would surely become depraved and truly evil."

Satan according to Christian belief, which in addition to his role as an Accuser of man, he is also a tempter of spirits, and a corrupter, a being (fallen angel, of which many traditions say he was a Cherub [a warrior angel]) who fell from his high place and accuses mankind, a malevolent force that gave birth to, and represents, all that has been perverted, or tainted, from its original neutral, perfectly devised, and 'good' state.

He is not all powerful, and is not a god. He is a fallen servant, a being that is the avatar and source of evil, since in the primal beginnings, it was he who first became evil.

Evil coming from within himself: His pride, which lead to greed, which lead to rebellion against God, and in that rebellion he perverted God's creations to his own ends, and sought to take the throne of God, to be a god above God, with mankind to worship him instead (since he believes himself to be higher than God).

And having tainted mankind, and caused them to sin, perverting them, and assuring that no man born afterwards could be sinless, in essence, 'owned' mankind. And mankind now bound to sin, became embroiled in a war with God, becoming pawns for the malevolent force that Satan had become.

In their constant sinful natures, they sentenced themselves to death. Crimes against God and humanity committed on a daily basis, and even the 'littlest' sins have a resounding impact in the strands of time.

A white lie seems like a tiny drop, until it ripples so far outward, those ripples moving little leaves, and causing problems that echo into eternity...take into account the hundreds of white lies we tell every day...That gets the point across...

And so in order to pardon mankind of their sins and clean them, they had to be bought back, and since the price for a life is another life, and billions of lives in a state of being for sale, it required a sacrifice of equal measure to the multitude.

An angel's life would not suffice, an angel is a servant. The life of a man who has sinned is already owned, tainted, and cannot buy the lives of his fellow slaves. But the life of a God met the bill, and that is where Christ makes his debut.

Satanism: at its loosest, and most basic definition is the act of rejecting the side of God in favour of those who war against him. IE: choosing the side that wants to strike at God, or pervert his creations, or to harm his servants/children.

More specifically, Satanism is the worship, reverence, or adoration of Satan as a concept, literal being, or as an ideal.

Satanic: anything relating to Satan, demonic entities in Abrahamic theology, or perhaps, something similar to those concepts.

(Slaneesh, Khorne, and Horus, from Warhammer could be considered "satantic" images, or ideas)

On the issue of Atheism, and Satanism.

Atheists, and Agnostics are neutral countries in a war of empires. Not to say they are not effected, or that they are safe...but they are not combatants in a Satanic, or Godly fashion. Unless perhaps they are being guided towards some end unknowingly, by one side or the other. Either guided for the greater good, or for the greater perversion. This however, does not exclude Atheism, or Agnosticism from becoming third party war-bearers and attacking either side.

As for my personal thoughts...

I don't know why anyone would seek to worship a malevolent being, much less a servant who became malevolent, for the mere sake of being rebellious for rebellion's sake, a servant who is not all powerful by any means, the weaker combatant in every sense of the word.

Purposeful rebellion against "restrictions" put in place for the good of humanity, and for the reasons of health, restrictions that are just, is not conducive to building a legacy, or maintaining your bloodline or the health of it. Neither is it good for a benevolent and worthwhile social status, or for the honour of your family and person. And this isn't even taking into account the Spiritual aspects of such a choice.

Being rebellious, and going into a room and touching a highly dangerous electrical current, just because a sign says 'don't enter, and don't touch' and doing so simply because you don't want to 'be told what to do' or be 'restricted', is a dumb idea.

You can't have kids, raise them, pass on your legacy, if you are dead...

You also can't enjoy life to its fullest, if you are dead. Sure you felt really alive for that brief moment you were being shocked and burned alive inside...but you didn't feel alive for long...and probably felt absolutely nothing shortly after....being dead...

As for the spiritual aspect...that's rather obvious...

Level 21
"Purposeful rebellion against "restrictions" put in place for the good of humanity, and for the reasons of health, restrictions that are just, is not conducive to building a legacy, or maintaining your bloodline or the health of it. Neither is it good for a benevolent and worthwhile social status, or for the honour of your family and person. And this isn't even taking into account the Spiritual aspects of such a choice."

That is on a global and long point of view. In a lifetime and from an individual point of view, even those concepts are abstract.

"You can't have kids, raise them, pass on your legacy, if you are dead..."

It's not a goal in itself, taking my example, I don't plan to have children for various reasons. And satanism doesn't lead to death, is it, so I take it the rest of your post was more likely a joke. One thing's sure, life leads to death. And one thing I believe, there's nothing after death.

"I don't know why anyone would seek to worship a malevolent being, much less a servant who became malevolent, for the mere sake of being rebellious for rebellion's sake, a servant who is not all powerful by any means, the weaker combatant in every sense of the word."

First, it might be more challenging to follow the hard way.
And :
"Was there not an inconceivable loss of knowledge at Bethlehem? Christ's abasement, His subjecting Himself to the laws of human birth and growth and to the lowliness of fallen human nature... Did the Son remain the transcendent Logos, is there not a radical and fatal discontinuity between the consciousness of the transcendent Logos and the secular Jesus?" (excerpt from a text probably written by the "deathspell omega" band, that I find especially interesting).
Add to this the tone switch from the old to the new testament, who is this God that allows his word to be modified and softened?
In short, I'm not for a fantasy litterature review of christianity.

The only theist view that almost convinced me, long ago, was "god is the discussion, god is the word". Now that I've read Burroughs and developped my thoughts, it seems pretty obvious to me that "word" is mankind's worst enemy, devious twist and curse. Yet, I am not pretending to handle perfectly such theories since they're not mine and I didn't have the time yet to explore them thoroughly.

"Slaneesh, Khorne, and Horus, from Warhammer could be considered "satantic" images, or ideas"
What about Nurgle and Tzeentch? bwahaha.

Level 27
satanist = person who worship satan
Wikipedia said:
the veneration or admiration of Satan
Worship is not the same as veneration, or admiration.

Also, that statement may be overstating it a tad bit, because later on in the page it says:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satanism#LaVeyan_Satanism said:
LaVeyan Satanists are atheists and agnostics who regard Satan as a symbol of man's inherent nature.
Also of relevance:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LaVeyan_Satanism said:
LaVeyan Satanism does not focus on literally worshiping Satan,
It would seem one does not need to worship Satan to be a Satanist.

Level 35
That is on a global and long point of view. In a lifetime and from an individual point of view, even those concepts are abstract.

You can live in the moment only so much. You still need to pick up your head and look down the horizon to see where you are stepping, and whether or not it will lead you off a cliff.

Basically, it is indeed the long term. But the a-morality, and free use of dangerous life style choices may seem fun at first, but in the end it can destroy your body and leave you in a very sorry state that you yourself made.

The problem with living entirely in the moment, is that it is full of regret when you reach the end, and know your decisions could have been made better if you looked forward just a little.

Satanism is keen on living in the moment it would seem, and dangerously in the moment.

It would be a very short life, if it was not done carefully. Which...inevitably requires restrictions.

It's not a goal in itself, taking my example, I don't plan to have children for various reasons. And satanism doesn't lead to death, is it, so I take it the rest of your post was more likely a joke. One thing's sure, life leads to death. And one thing I believe, there's nothing after death.

The purpose of humanity subtracting the spiritual nature of his ways is to procreate. Satanism may not lead to death, but it opens to doors to dangerous attitudes, life without restriction, do as you please, such things that can lead inevitably to death.

Carelessness, and idiocy, breeds destruction. If you don't look out for the warning signs, you will crash. If you crash into a load of on coming traffic, there is a high chance of dying in said crash, and dying young, and without having lived out a full life.

Life leads to death, but a careful life reasonably balanced with risk, and restriction, is usually full and vibrant, honoured, and loved.

Life that is reckless and wild without some measure of safety, or restrictions, is usually short, and pitiful. Who in benevolent society would want to go to a satanist's funeral?

As for nothing after death, all the more reason to live life to its fullest, and longest. Which requires patience, discipline, and a measure of restraint.

A satanists life style, of abusing the limits on the pleasures of life, can open him or her to all manner of disease, and sickness, and painful death. Which leads back to procreation as mankind's base purpose as an animal.

You can't procreate, if you are dead. You shouldn't procreate if you have AIDS.

On the spiritual side of things: I believe there is life after death. But that does not mean I should be careless and die until I've lived out a mortal life. Likewise, I'd prefer Heaven's abode, over Satan's prison out of personal opinion.

First, it might be more challenging to follow the hard way.
And :
"Was there not an inconceivable loss of knowledge at Bethlehem? Christ's abasement, His subjecting Himself to the laws of human birth and growth and to the lowliness of fallen human nature... Did the Son remain the transcendent Logos, is there not a radical and fatal discontinuity between the consciousness of the transcendent Logos and the secular Jesus?" (excerpt from a text probably written by the "deathspell omega" band, that I find especially interesting).
Add to this the tone switch from the old to the new testament, who is this God that allows his word to be modified and softened?
In short, I'm not for a fantasy litterature review of christianity.

Who is this God that allows mankind to live with free will, despite being fallen? Who is this God, who joins them in the crowd to live in their point of view? It is an understanding God that does so. The fatal discontinuity between Christ's divine, and human nature, is simply that God can manifest himself however he pleases and limit himself as he will, while still maintaining his powers. The point of wrapping himself in flesh, being one of reaching out to man, before he must ascend again to his Godly manifestations.

"I can limit my powers as Off-Topic moderator, but I can easily remove such limits. I could ask for my moderator icon to be hidden so that I can live life as a peon, but in the end I must still don the raider for my moderator purposes."

The only theist view that almost convinced me, long ago, was "god is the discussion, god is the word". Now that I've read Burroughs and developped my thoughts, it seems pretty obvious to me that "word" is mankind's worst enemy, devious twist and curse. Yet, I am not pretending to handle perfectly such theories since they're not mine and I didn't have the time yet to explore them thoroughly.

Mankind's worst enemy is not the curse that he brought upon himself, or the twists that he allowed to be done to him. But it is instead he who wants to keep the cure for the Curse out of the hands of those who need it, and he who twists even further for his own selfish ends. This is what I believe so far, personally, I too am not a theologian.

Level 5
Well i dont know..i dont believe in anything really...
I mean back a few years ago i was with god but he just fails too much...so im not so sure i believe in anything :p

That...does NOT make me satanist..

Level 21
I understand very well your arguments Elenai, but I think our non-agreement comes from a different conception of life :)
Also, I would not consider myself as a satanist so I am not able to explain thoroughly such "beliefs", yet I know some, and really far from the usual mall kid. I indeed have sympathy toward those attitudes, and much antipathy for the "opposite side", at least toward the individuals of this side I've met because I'm against any kind of global judgement. I'm too much of a relativist and a general doubter to be convinced of anything.

Level 17
HappyTauren said:
it's hard to make me believe in something, and I like people who've got their own brain :p
Having beliefs doesn't mean you don't use brains... but having beliefs just because it's imposed on you then yes that means you don't use brains.

If you analyze every belief that is imposed on you before you decide whether you should believe it or not, then you do use your brains...

You get what I'm saying ehh?

Having beliefs doesn't mean you don't use brains... but having beliefs just because it's imposed on you then yes that means you don't use brains.
I just implied that most of things people try to make me believe is absolute crap.
If you analyze every belief that is imposed on you before you decide whether you should believe it or not, then you do use your brains...
Exactly.
You get what I'm saying ehh?
Very much so.

Level 36
The one's i know are Satanism that is about ''the god in man'', Devil Worship and Anti-Cosmic Satanism.

I believe this is what I meant.

As for Elenai, just dont classify Atheism and Agnosticism under the same title >.> As they are far from the same thing. Other than that, I wont discuss this matter with such a highly religious man as yourself, as it is impossible to come to an agreement.

Level 27
what I've learnt, is that the religious debate never ends...
I've seen it die willingly before.
I wont discuss this matter with such a highly religious man as yourself, as it is impossible to come to an agreement.
One common agreement people will come to is to agree to disagree without killing each other. Most people are open enough to talk before coming to that agreement though. You're the only one making agreement impossible. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.