• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Iraq

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
My view on Iraq is that the US did go in for WMDs (because Congress approved of invading Iraq in search of WMDs because of how badly it looked like Saddam had WMDs tucked away somewhere). The US is staying because while the bureaucrats are bickering about how bad the other person's exit strategy is, the people with the most control over coming/staying think they're succeeding at whatever the new goal is.

Level 13
We were right to go in, were are right to stay in. Why? O. I. L. Without oil, the US would come to a halt. We need that oil, thats why we went in, thats why we are there, thats why we are going to stay there.

These were not my words.They are those of a soldier that has been to Iraq all ready. Made me think... yes... we may be in there for bad reasons... but they may be vital to the US's survival.

Level 24
HELL. NO.

The US went to Iraq for WMDs. I don't care what the initial interest was, the actual reason the US went in was to [HIGHLIGHT]search for WMDs[/code]. Sure, the initial interest was probably oil. Sure, the US is probably staying for oil. But the reason the US invaded was the search for WMDs. Congress approved of invading Iraq to search for WMDs.

Also, really long post. Did it NEED all those returns?

Level 13
I think we used WMD's real or not, as an excuse to invade.

And yes, it did.

Level 24
WMDs were the reason. CONGRESS APPROVED OF INVADING IRAQ BECAUSE OF HOW MUCH IT LOOKED LIKE SADDAM HAD WMDS. [HIGHLIGHT]Congress. Approved.[/code] It doesn't matter that the US was interested in Iraq for oil, the reason for the invasion was the search for WMDs.

Level 21
i personally believe america invaded iraq for oil. i wish they hadnt, but now they are there it would be crazy for them to leave. i wish other countries hadnt helped america with this, i know alot want out, but if america wants to stay that is their choice.

Level 24
The US was probably initially interested in Iraq at all because it had oil. The reason for its invasion was the search for WMDs. I don't care why they were watching Iraq, why they're still occupying Iraq, whatever. The US invaded Iraq because of Saddam's friction with UN weapons inspectors.

Level 8
The US wanted to go to Iraq because of its oil, but it wouldn't look very good to say that they were starting a war over oil. Then the excuse "They have WMDs" (it looked reasonable enough at the time) came out, and Congress approved that. The US went there, failed to find any WMDs, and then decided to institute a democracy (probably as a reason to stay until they could get to the oil). The attempts at democracy have pretty much failed, yet the troops have not been pulled out. It's kinda obvious that the people don't want the US there, otherwise there would be more help from them and fewer suicide bombers and guerrillas. The troops should leave, now, seeing as the only thing they're doing is taking bullets.

Level 34
The US wanted to go to Iraq because of its oil, but it wouldn't look very good to say that they were starting a war over oil. Then the excuse "They have WMDs" (it looked reasonable enough at the time) came out, and Congress approved that. The US went there, failed to find any WMDs, and then decided to institute a democracy (probably as a reason to stay until they could get to the oil). The attempts at democracy have pretty much failed, yet the troops have not been pulled out. It's kinda obvious that the people don't want the US there, otherwise there would be more help from them and fewer suicide bombers and guerrillas. The troops should leave, now, seeing as the only thing they're doing is taking bullets.
I agree with Denny, but hey, it's your problem not ours :). Da Dutch are in Afghanistan, drinking beer and having fun with people. At least we ain't people who Fire-on-sight's. With Americans it's shooting then asking (about oil) and Europeans ask, shoot then again ask. ^^ A bit back to topic: It's a classic replica of English made war against colonial America in that War.
English/Americans lose and Americans/Iraqeze win. Simple!

Level 26
I agree with Denny, but hey, it's your problem not ours :). Da Dutch are in Afghanistan, drinking beer and having fun with people.
apathy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.