• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Inventory UI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Clipboard01-1.jpg

Here's the current UI of the full screen inventory I've created. Now my question is, what should I add in the missing parts? And could I add other features to it?
The black square between the equipment icons will probably be used to display your hero with everything he equips. I think I'll also add 2 arrows in the bottom of the interface to change between human, orc, undead and night elf style.

Now, share your ideas.

Level 8
Whoever made those cool custom icons is awesome!
They are Dead sexy. =P
*Cough*

I'm not sure, =/
We've discussed your making a separate menu for stats & stuff.
Maybe... I don't know, =/
I'm drawing a blank, I'm sure we will fill it up with something. xD
MAYBE!
A Comparison thing.
2 slots, you place something in each, 2 weapons or 2 armors.
It will automatically show stats for the two and it will tell you which is better?
Not just which is better, but for whom, so if you compare Iron Armor, to enchanted robes it would be like "The Iron Armor is better for Tanking/Warrior classes, while the Enchanted Robes are good for Mages." Or something. =]
Just my 2 cents. xD

Level 28
Couldn't there be a picture of the hero under the slots. So that when you equip a pair of boots the icon is placed on the feet and a glove is placed on the hand.
I have never done such a thing myself and I have no idea how but you seem to have it under control.

Oh and btw, could you send me that model I was supposed to make a head for?
Btow (by the other way), I finished another item model. It's the Mindstaff this time.

Level 17
Nice job, Christopher.

What Thrikodius said about the picture would be nice. If it is possible, you should attempt it. But I'm worried, size-wise. What's the damage so far?

And by the way, I love the blood-item models. Smexy.

Level 8
So you both know,
the Hero, will be shown in the middle of the equipment area, (Top right).
So that still leaves the middle open, this was already planned by Chris and I, mostly him.
He just kind of blurted out the idea to me and I Told him to roll with it.

ALSO,
Those are not blood items, that is the Lava Set.
=P

Level 9
Hmm, the comparison thing sounds kinda useless. I think we could use the room for better things than that.
Some guy said that some statistics would be nice, like Damage, Armor etc., but if I'm also making a hero screen, it would fit more in there.
Perhaps a more indept description on what the items stats are, how much you can sell it for, where it should be equipped, and the class type?

Wolfe, don't worry about the size, I'm using almost only ingame textures. It takes up 50kb so far, and I pretty much have everything imported. If I decide to make new interfaces (orc, undead), I only have to create a new destructable, because I'm using replaceable textures. Actually, when I think about it, I don't need to import more, only new selecter models if we decide to add that, =]

Level 17
Good. Also, if you need tooltips and descriptions and/or tooltip editing, I am here. =D

Also, Drak, they look like red blood cells from a distance. I couldn't tell. xP

Level 17
I wont. I like to multi-task... I do five things at once. ^^
- My own RPG.
- Storylines for campaigns (two, for a friend and another friend)
- Concepts (for another RPG)
- Everwood's main questline and spell ideas
- And... something... oh yes. Co-creating an AoS. o.o

Status
Not open for further replies.