• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Share inventory amongst players

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I'm trying to create a crate where players can share equipment. Thus i created a building looking like a crate with the inventory-ability. Now i'm wondering if there's a way to share a unit's, respectively a building's inventory items amongst all players. Or at least amongst players of the same force, without sharing the other units control? Thanks for any answers...

whisp

Level 18
Or you make a small area where people can go to drop or pick up items. This are can be accessed by going through a circle of power in front of a building names Warehouse or something for example. This gives you pretty much infinite space to share items and it only costs you a small piece of ground.

Level 3
All good ideas, though i don't know the effects of the select hero ability, but i will try it. I don't want to use a special area for the items, since i use it to store ammunition magazines and other equipment in crates - it's actually just a nice to have that adds a bit to a military atmosphere of the map i'm working on atm. The dummy player method sounds like an idea that i'm sure it will work, though if i can handle it with the select-hero ability i will do it that way to save that slot... However, thanks for all the answers!

Level 3
I already solved it with the dummy-player solution, even though it uses one of the player slots it's quite an easy and comfortable solution, and i can use it for many other shared devices, beside the inventory crate, as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.