• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Invasion Point: Raging Stream

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: Bigpower
Invasion Point: Raging Stream!
by Slenderr

"The Burning Legion invaded Raging Stream in the middle of the fight. Your armies will need to be stronger in order to defeat your opponents and the demons at the same time!"

This is a Burning Legion-themed altered melee map inside the “Raging Stream” map by Blizzard.

The map is heavily modified compared to the original Raging Stream, by featuring new units, upgrades, spells, altered environment,extra levels for heroes and demon invasions.​

Demons and Invasions

The “Invasion” part is no joke: whenever you attempt to invade your enemy base, hostile demons will randomly join the fight – but against you(and maybe your opponent). You will need a formidable army to resist the various demons attacks while you try to eliminate your enemy.
There are plenty of new creeps too(all demons), and information and description about each one can be seen in-game by pressing F9(Info/questlog).​

The Heroes

Level cap has been increased to level 15, and ALL hero abilities have 1 additional level. This extra level, however, will grant a new effect to the ability instead of simply upgrading it. Here are some examples:​

Paladin
Level 4 Holy Light: [Blessing of Wisdom] Casting Holy Light on an enemy unit will heal the Paladin. Casting Holy Light on a friendly unit will grant them a Level 1 Holy Light permanently.

Level 4 Divine Shield: [Blessing of Protection] Casting Divine Shield also grants Divine Shield to all friendly units at melee range from the Paladin.

Level 4 Devotion Aura: [
Blessing of Kings] Units affected by Devotion Aura deal damage equal to their amount of current armor to attackers. Affected heroes have increased attributes.

Level 2 Resurrection: [
Absolution] 3.5 seconds after casting Ressurrection, brings 3 additional corpses back to life. Every 6th Holy Light cast will cast Ressurrection for a single nearby corpse.

Blademaster

Level 4 Wind Walk: [Marked for Death] Casting Wind Walk reveals all enemy units in the map with less than 25% hit points. Attacking from Wind Walk instantly kills units with less than 15% of their maximum hit points.

Level 4 Mirror Image: [
Blade Dancer] Right-Clicking a nearby illusion makes the Blademaster and the targeted illusion to swap positions instantly. Any illusions damaged by this Blademaster will be instantly destroyed.

Level 4 Critical Strike: [
Shogun] Increased chance to critical Strike, and every 3rd Critical Strike will permanently increase the base damage of a friendly nearby unit by 3.

Level 2 Bladestorm: [
Weather Report] Bladestorm also causes all your Mirror Image illusions to cast Bladestorm for full damage. The damage does not stack, the illusions are invulnerable while casting and then vanish after finishing.

Death Knight

Level 4 Death Coil: [Deadliest Coil] Casting Death Coil at close range causes the projectile to bounce to a near unit, except the main target or the Death Knight itself.
Casting Death Coil at long range launches a secondary projectile that slowly moves towards the target position, blighting the area upon impact, healing friendly undead units and damaging enemy units.

Level 4 Death Pact: [
Apocalypse] Death Pact also creates an Animate Dead version of the target, which is invulnerable and has boosted movement speed. Passively damages a random enemy unit whenever a near friendly unit dies.

Level 4 Unholy Aura: [
Death’s Advance] Stunned, rooted, slowed, ensnared and impeded friendly units affected by this aura have chance when attacked to be cleansed from all crowd-control effects. |n Also grants bonus hit points and bonus damage against buildings to all “riding” friendly units in the map.

Level 2 Animate Dead: [
Army of the Dead] Animate Dead also summons 6 random undead units(including neutral and campaign units, and a penguin). Non-neutral units have unlimited duration.

Demon Hunter

Level 4 Mana Burn: [Mage Hunter] Also silences the target. However, if immolation is active, Mana Burn will instead bounce to 2 nearby enemy units.

Level 4 Immolation: [
Overheat] Area of effect increased by 250%. Attacking enemies while immolation is active burns mana from the target if it has any mana, and deals extra damage.

Level 4 Evasion: [
Aura of Darkness] The Demon Hunter now has an aura that gives Evasion friendly nearby units.

Level 2 Metamorphosis: [
Inner Demon] The Demon Hunter explodes both at the beginning and end of Metamorphosis. Mana Burn and Immolation are upgraded while transformed!

Alchemist

Level 4 Healing Spray: [Transmutation Circle] Healing Spray also summons a Transmutation Circle on the ground. Allied heroes that interact with it receive a random rune!

Level 4 Chemical Rage: [
Atomic Rage] Explodes when cast, dealing damage to nearby enemies. While Transformed, Acid Bomb cooldown is removed and the Alchemist has Chaos damage.

Level 4 Acid Bomb: [
Better Living through Chemistry] Whenever the Alchemist cast Acid Bomb, it gains a random potion(as an ability) to drink.

Level 2 Transmutation: [
Equivalent Exchange] Transmutation target’s owner lose resources when the unit is transmutated!

New Orc Unit: Warlock

A high-tier heavy caster able to disrupt enemy defenses and wreak havoc upon enemies(and himself). Just like most warlocks, it needs to regenerate mana through Life Tap, which sacrifices his own hit points. His arsenal includes abilities to force enemies to run away, grant Resistant Skin to allies, summon demonic teleport circles and absolutely annihilate any kind of buff or summoned unit, Warlocks can even learn Spell Immunity through upgrades and have chaos damage!​

Night Elf Upgrade: Night Warrior

Night Warrior is a temporary upgrade to all Night Elf units for a player(Night Elfs only, which means that Dryads, Mountain Giants, Hippogryphs etc are not included). The upgrade lasts 5 minutes, and while it is active, affected units have increased hit points and regeneration, even during the day, plus bonus damage to their attacks, which can be increased for every hero killed by that player. Moon Wells regenerate extra mana as soon as the upgrade is researched too.
The upgrade will be available for research again once expired.​

Credits and some other information
The map may lag a bit at the beginning of the game, sorry for such incovenience.
I'm a GUI user, you know...

• Some effects cause camera-shaking, if it doesn't stop for some reason simply click "esc";
  • You can also stop any music playing by writing "-stop" in chat;
  • This map isn't optimized for Reforged(aesthetically speaking), but can be played just fine;
  • I dare to say that this map is a finished map but certainly not optimized. Feedback, suggestions etc will be much appreciated;
  • Sorry in advance for bad english and grammar :infl_thumbs_up:.

Resources used and their respective owners
Mythic - Stormfall, Firebrand shots, Soul Discharge, Pillar of Flame;
assassin_lord - heroglow;
Kam, ugo, Blizzard - HeroCryptLord
WILL THE ALMIGHTY - Dirt Explosion
FerSZ - Jailer, Inquisitor, Infernal
stan0033 - Fear effect
Mc !(wc3campaigns) - Scamp the Imp
SantoRayo[iP] - Blood
Blizzard - duh?(But seriously, I used their map, plus almost all imported icons are wow icons I downloaded or other images I screenshot and modified a bit through image-editing programs)
There are some other resources in the map that I imported but ended up not using, thus I didn't post it here.
If there is any resource I forgot to mention its respective owner, let me know plz.

Contents

Invasion Point: Raging Stream (Map)

Reviews
Shar Dundred
Map: Invasion Point: Raging Stream Version: 1.0 Review by Shar Dundred Presentation There is not really much to talk about the presentation here as this is an edited Blizzard map. I like the changes you have made here but this is still a Blizzard...
Shar Dundred
No changes after 3 months. Moved to Substandard.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Map: Invasion Point: Raging Stream
Version: 1.0
Review
by Shar Dundred

Presentation
There is not really much to talk about the presentation here as this is an edited Blizzard map. I like the changes you have made here but this is still a Blizzard map with little changes overall.
In addition, the map lags at the beginning for a few seconds. This is due to you using too many "Unit - Replace" actions at the same time. The WarCraft III engine cannot handle that.

2/5

Gameplay
Gameplaywise, this map mostly represents a normal melee game. The main differences are the edited creeps, the invasions, the high level hero abilities and the two new units.
The edited/replaced creeps as nothing too special, fitting the theme of the map, they are now all Demons. As mentioned above, the replacing at the beginning of the map causes a lag. It only takes a short while until it wears off but it is an unnecessary annoyment. At first I thought my game had crashed until the lag stopped after several seconds. Also I have a feeling that some creeps have a very weird acquisition range, for example I set up a building literally next to a group of them and they did not bother attacking it or any unit that came out of it as long as they were left alone.
The invasions are a nice mechanic, but I feel like they can be cheesed too much. I started the game by sending a peon over to an enemy base and attacked it, spawning Demons who then destroyed the entire enemy base. The mechanic itself is an interesting concept, but it is just too easily abused in its current state.
The high level hero ability changes are nice but they take a long time to actually take any effect.
The two new units & upgrades bring something new to the table but at the same time I have to wonder why neither Humans nor Undead got anything new. Right now the Orcs and the Night Elves have gained powerful additions and the other two are left in the dust. Is this still in development and not done yet?
The AI does not use any of the new upgrades or units on its own.
The info tab also suggested something about a unit evolve mechanic. I could not get it working and even looked at the triggers to see it. Is this not implemented yet either?
If your map is not done yet, it should be in Map Development instead of the Map Section.
Because that is the feeling the map gives me: As if it was not finished and still is in development.

Overall, the map is not melee but it is also not edited enough to be proper altered melee either. It is different but the changes are, even though it is obvious that some effort was put into it, not very huge. The races themselves do not feel very different.

2/5

Bugs/Suggestions
I highly suggest replacing the units in the editor or using remove & create unit actions instead of replace to decrease the lag at the beginning of the map.
I also suggest changing the Demon invasions to either start weaker and then grow in strength or to have a longer cooldown & original timer. Because right now, all you have to do is send a worker to attack something (or get attacked by the enemy) and the other faction is pretty much screwed.

Overall
The map has some nice ideas and I think that quite some effort was put into it, but in its current state, I don't feel comfortable approving it. Improve the gameplay a bit & make the factions more diverse, especially the two that have not been touched yet.
If this map is still being developed and you wanted feedback during development, I really suggest going to Map Development instead of the Map Section.

2/5
Set to Awaiting Update!

If you want more reviews, come here:
The Grand Review Exchange!

Level 4
Map: Invasion Point: Raging Stream
Version: 1.0
Review
by Shar Dundred

Presentation
There is not really much to talk about the presentation here as this is an edited Blizzard map. I like the changes you have made here but this is still a Blizzard map with little changes overall.
In addition, the map lags at the beginning for a few seconds. This is due to you using too many "Unit - Replace" actions at the same time. The WarCraft III engine cannot handle that.

2/5

Gameplay
Gameplaywise, this map mostly represents a normal melee game. The main differences are the edited creeps, the invasions, the high level hero abilities and the two new units.
The edited/replaced creeps as nothing too special, fitting the theme of the map, they are now all Demons. As mentioned above, the replacing at the beginning of the map causes a lag. It only takes a short while until it wears off but it is an unnecessary annoyment. At first I thought my game had crashed until the lag stopped after several seconds. Also I have a feeling that some creeps have a very weird acquisition range, for example I set up a building literally next to a group of them and they did not bother attacking it or any unit that came out of it as long as they were left alone.
The invasions are a nice mechanic, but I feel like they can be cheesed too much. I started the game by sending a peon over to an enemy base and attacked it, spawning Demons who then destroyed the entire enemy base. The mechanic itself is an interesting concept, but it is just too easily abused in its current state.
The high level hero ability changes are nice but they take a long time to actually take any effect.
The two new units & upgrades bring something new to the table but at the same time I have to wonder why neither Humans nor Undead got anything new. Right now the Orcs and the Night Elves have gained powerful additions and the other two are left in the dust. Is this still in development and not done yet?
The AI does not use any of the new upgrades or units on its own.
The info tab also suggested something about a unit evolve mechanic. I could not get it working and even looked at the triggers to see it. Is this not implemented yet either?
If your map is not done yet, it should be in Map Development instead of the Map Section.
Because that is the feeling the map gives me: As if it was not finished and still is in development.

Overall, the map is not melee but it is also not edited enough to be proper altered melee either. It is different but the changes are, even though it is obvious that some effort was put into it, not very huge. The races themselves do not feel very different.

2/5

Bugs/Suggestions
I highly suggest replacing the units in the editor or using remove & create unit actions instead of replace to decrease the lag at the beginning of the map.
I also suggest changing the Demon invasions to either start weaker and then grow in strength or to have a longer cooldown & original timer. Because right now, all you have to do is send a worker to attack something (or get attacked by the enemy) and the other faction is pretty much screwed.

Overall
The map has some nice ideas and I think that quite some effort was put into it, but in its current state, I don't feel comfortable approving it. Improve the gameplay a bit & make the factions more diverse, especially the two that have not been touched yet.
If this map is still being developed and you wanted feedback during development, I really suggest going to Map Development instead of the Map Section.

2/5
Set to Awaiting Update!

If you want more reviews, come here:
The Grand Review Exchange!

Thanks a lot for the review! I expected the map would give that unfinished impression but I hoped that it wouldn't...
As for your points:
I'm also not happy using a blizzard map, but I never tried creating terrain + it was meant to be a bit "experimental"(I was planning on doing some other maps myself using the invasion thing)
I used a lot of replace to the creeps to make them "enter the playable map area" so they could be recognized by the ddos. I had no idea that replacement instead of remove and create would cause such lag. Really sorry.
The acquisition range sounds strange for me, I gave all replaced units the same acquisition range as the previous ones, I have no idea how to fix that
The demons destroying your enemy base is absolutely unintended, they should attack all other players around except the one being invaded. In fact, they were meant to run away if there are no other players to attack, maybe it was a bug or the trigger is somehow not working.
As for the level 4 abilities, I feared that they would come too late so my idea was to increase all exp gained by 50%, but that sounded too much. Perhaps the best idea would be giving the level 4 effects to level 3 and remove the level 4 entirely.
And didn't created anything for human or undead because I had no idea what I could give to them, I simply could not think of a single new unit or upgrade or anything, at least not anything as appealing as the Night Warrior upgrade or whatever. I did created a new hero for human and undead, but I also wanted to create for orc and night elf so I decided to leave them for a possible future update.
The AI doesn't use anything new because I absolutely forgot about it.
"Evolve Mechanic" is the Level 4 Hex from Shadow Hunter: you target a friendly unit with hex and they become a new, stronger unit. The Evolve in the info tab purpose is to show all units that an unit can be evolved into(I should have made that more clear).

Thanks again for the review, I'm very happy with it. I will start working on an update. The weaker invasions at the start is a fantastic idea, and I will try thinking on something for human and undead.
I didn't set it as a map in development because I was taking too long to finish it and I just wanted to publish it as a finished map, sooo... sorry if that was too selfish.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Happy to hear that the review was helpful for you!
If your map is indeed unfinished but taking long to finish, you should use Map Development
even if it is going to take you a long time to finish it. The Map Section is not running away
and I can tell you from my own experience that you also get useful feedback over there. :)
It really depends on you how to continue here.
If you finish up the things & deal with the issues, so that the map is in a finished state, I can approve it.
That is not saying that you cannot update it afterwards. You can still add more heroes but it has to be
finished with the ideas that are implemented.
However, if you think that it will take you quite a while to properly do all the things you want
to add before you too consider it a "full" release, I heavily suggest Map Development.
You can take as much time as you want in that section, no pressure or anything. :)

Regardless of what you choose, good luck with your map!