• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Instances or Zones?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
Do you guys think there should be more instances? More ways to get more interesting loot? For me, there is nothing more fun than finding an item that is actually an upgrade. I don't mean epix, but just to make it a little easier so you aren't stuck with the same gear for weeks on end.

Or do you think there should be more zones opened, like the various islands of azeroth, present Mount Hyjal, the peninsula south of the Greymane wall, the mountains south of Silithus, Tanaris and Un'Goro Crater (there's a big strip of empty land there... it can't all be Ahn'Qiraj!)

Because either way, right now I think there are too few quests to do because there are always blocks of a few levels where you have to endlessly kill stuff, but if there were more zones (leveled like they are in Outland, about 3-5 levels per zone instead of 10), you might get bored of them less quickly and level up faster without grinding!

Level 22
I still think they should revamp the older instances. I transferred to a new server where almost no one has ever stepped into the Pre-bc raid instances, mainly because there is no incentive to. Why go into BWL at 60 when you can get blue quest rewards in outlands that are better loots? They're all just rotting now. There should be a heroic mode for them with updated difficulty and loot to breathe some new life back into them.
-VGsatomi

Level 11
i say both, you can't really do one w/o the other. But first thing i'd say is zones, then make instances after. and how the hell is that whole region Ahn'Quiraj... i mean come on it wasn't that big atleast it didn't seem like it. Also since when have you not been able to enter an zone because of an instance, and don't say mt. hyjal because you go back in time. Also I wanna know whats south of greymane, it said something about it in the book, but i forget the lore, since it was so long ago when i read it and it wasn't a significant part of the book, it was some dude's kingdom who met with the king of Lordaeron before the fall.

Level 11
Thats' right Gilneas and kingdoms ruler was close to the same name. Yeah they weren't enemies though, they just weren't allies enough to help kill the scourge. I don't see why someone just doesn't take a boat to the kingdom or fly over the wall, it wouldn't be that damn hard, it'd b awkward now if it was a high level place because so close to silverpine,

could be a good new zone though with plagued people and you were a mask or sumtin lol.

Level 36
Thats' right Gilneas and kingdoms ruler was close to the same name. Yeah they weren't enemies though, they just weren't allies enough to help kill the scourge. I don't see why someone just doesn't take a boat to the kingdom or fly over the wall, it wouldn't be that damn hard, it'd b awkward now if it was a high level place because so close to silverpine,

could be a good new zone though with plagued people and you were a mask or sumtin lol.

Or a half-plagued zone where there are events with main cities being attacked by undead! :D

Edit:
it'd b awkward now if it was a high level place because so close to silverpine,

Does it have to be a high level place?

Last edited:
Level 11
Such a great map idea. to bad i've started too many as it is.(but can't play them becausestupid error and no one is able to help me including wolver!!! but hes awesome for trying)

Level 12
I still think they should revamp the older instances. I transferred to a new server where almost no one has ever stepped into the Pre-bc raid instances, mainly because there is no incentive to. Why go into BWL at 60 when you can get blue quest rewards in outlands that are better loots? They're all just rotting now. There should be a heroic mode for them with updated difficulty and loot to breathe some new life back into them.
-VGsatomi

MC 2.0 is not a dream.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyLb9SomqKA

Status
Not open for further replies.