• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Import] Installing a model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Okay, I have Nether Ray archive here. I know it's just a WoW rip, but I'm still curious how do I install it and what paths are correct for it. I want the Red one especially.

Attachments

• netherray.rar
    2.4 MB · Views: 33

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I would imagine you import the mdx file, and then import the BLP files, then rename the BLP files to their intended/required paths based on what the MDX says they should be at.

One can use notepad to see what the MDX says they should be at since within the first few hundred bytes of garbage text it will be the only human readable text which ends with .BLP and resembles the texture files it came with but potentially nested in folders.

Level 5
I would imagine you import the mdx file, and then import the BLP files, then rename the BLP files to their intended/required paths based on what the MDX says they should be at.

One can use notepad to see what the MDX says they should be at since within the first few hundred bytes of garbage text it will be the only human readable text which ends with .BLP and resembles the texture files it came with but potentially nested in folders.
Eh, I'd like to know correct paths to this model, because I tried myself and couldn't get it working.

Level 39
The only things that show up in the .mdx are "NetherRaySkinRed.blp", "SMOOTHREFLECT.BLP", "COLDBREATH32.BLP", and "GLOWBALL02.BLP" and they have no prior paths. I tried importing the .mdx with just those files and got something to work. It doesn't really look too "red" but idk the green one doesn't look "green" either.

ray.png

Remove the war3mapimported\ from all the files in the .rar, and change the filepath of whichever texture you want to use to NeterRaySkinRed.blp.

Level 5
The only things that show up in the .mdx are "NetherRaySkinRed.blp", "SMOOTHREFLECT.BLP", "COLDBREATH32.BLP", and "GLOWBALL02.BLP" and they have no prior paths. I tried importing the .mdx with just those files and got something to work. It doesn't really look too "red" but idk the green one doesn't look "green" either.

View attachment 303726

Remove the war3mapimported\ from all the files in the .rar, and change the filepath of whichever texture you want to use to NeterRaySkinRed.blp.
Yeah, now it works. I think I tried it previously and it didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.