• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Issues with separate installation of Warcraft 3 (Editor won't open)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
So I'm tired of people dropping the "I can't open your map... Oh btw I use patch 1.26" line on me, so I figured I'd install a separate version of wc3 using that patch.

I downloaded version 1.21 from here: WC3 Download Archive (1.00 - 1.31.1 + BETA & DEMO)

I then tested it and everything worked fine EXCEPT for the one thing I needed, the World Editor. The editor immediately closes after I open it.

I've tried admin/compatibility modes, patching from 1.21 -> 1.26, re-installing, but nothing seems to work.

My Reforged installation still works fine.

Any ideas as to why this is happening and how I can fix it? Thanks.

Last edited:
Level 24
Any time that I'd jump between versions I'd just delete my regedit file on war3 to get the editor working again, I don't have anything that I haven't backed up so it's easy to delete the entire file on war3, however I recall someone explaining that you need only clear a certain line, unfortunately I'm not sure which...

Status
Not open for further replies.