• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Increasing level past 10,000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi everyone. I wanted to ask, how to increase max level past 10,000, because this is the maximum game constants allow. Is there any mod for world editor or any other way to do this? Thanks.

Hold Shift when you double Click the field, it removes the fields regular limits.
You also need to lower the exp curve to reach levels above 6500. (needed exp to level up)

Super Bloodmage.jpg

Level 2
Hold Shift when you double Click the field, it removes the fields regular limits.
Thank you, it worked, but not quite like I intended.

What project are you doing that you need more than 10,000 level?
My personal project. Just for myself.

You also need to lower the exp curve to reach levels above 6500. (needed exp to level up)

Okay, this is my mistake. A character above certain level remains at level one. Can you please explain, how to lower exp curve so it'd look like on your screenshot?

Are you creating a disco map where the hero levels up every half second to create a lighting effect?
No, just my humble personal project.

in Gameconstants there are 3 exp formulars.

Needed Exp to level up <- this one you need to change to enable levels over 6500
Exp gained by non heroes.
Exp gained by heroes.

How they work:
There is constant factor: exp value rises each level by this value (linear) (1, 2, 3 ,4 ,5, 6, 7 ....)
Level factor: exp value adds a linear rising value (summation row) (1, 3[1+2], 6[1+2+3], 10[1+2+3+4], 15 ...)
table: define custom values used on that levels.
previous value:

As formular:
value = constant x level + (heroLevel² + heroLevel)/2 x levelfactor + previousvalue x factor

To enable really high levels (from a exp point) remove or shrink down the level factor. Cause level factor becomes really big from level 6500.
Warcraft 3 only supports exp values upto 2,147,483,648 (2^31) one needs to keep that summation row low.
(summartion row value of 6500 = 21,128,250 ), won't have much left, if you multiply that with 100 (2,112,825,000 almost 2,147,483,648).

if you change the needed table you also should change exp gained.

Last edited:
Level 2
in Gameconstants there are 3 exp formulars.

Needed Exp to level up <- this one you need to change to enable levels over 6500
Exp gained by non heroes.
Exp gained by heroes.

How they work:
There is constant factor: exp value rises each level by this value (linear) (1, 2, 3 ,4 ,5, 6, 7 ....)
Level factor: exp value adds a linear rising value (summation row) (1, 3[1+2], 6[1+2+3], 10[1+2+3+4], 15 ...)
table: define custom values used on that levels.
previous value:

As formular:
value = constant x level + (heroLevel² + heroLevel)/2 x levelfactor + previousvalue x factor

To enable really high levels (from a exp point) remove or shrink down the level factor. Cause level factor becomes really big from level 6500.
Warcraft 3 only supports exp values upto 2,147,483,648 (2^31) one needs to keep that summation row low.
(summartion row value of 6500 = 21,128,250 ), won't have much left, if you multiply that with 100 (2,112,825,000 almost 2,147,483,648).

if you change the needed table you also should change exp gained.

I'm really appreciating your help, but, unfortunately, it's really complex for me to understand, I'm very sorry.
Can you please simply name the lines in gameconstants that I should edit and what numbers I should type there?
Like, for example -- maximum hero level, 66,000
Really sorry for the inconvenience.

use shift + enter to edit the max hero level field inser 66,000.

Now you need to lower the needed exp to level up, cause default exp curve will exceed the value an 32 bit integer can take on level 6500.

To reach high levels, I recomment for example.
Needed Exp Table 0
Needed Exp Level 0
Needed Exp Constant 100
Needed Exp previous 1.0

Now every levelup would need 100 exp, which allows such a high max level.
Problem is that higher units/heroes give now to much exp, but that was not the question until now.

Edit: You can visualize the exp values your fomular defines by using an excel software (libre office for example).
The exp needed for the highest wanted level must not exceed 2^31.

Last edited:
Level 2
use shift + enter to edit the max hero level field inser 66,000.

Now you need to lower the needed exp to level up, cause default exp curve will exceed the value an 32 bit integer can take on level 6500.

To reach high levels, I recomment for example.
Needed Exp Table 0
Needed Exp Level 0
Needed Exp Constant 100
Needed Exp previous 1.0

Now every levelup would need 100 exp, which allows such a high max level.
Problem is that higher units/heroes give now to much exp, but that was not the question until now.

Edit: You can visualize the exp values your fomular defines by using an excel software (libre office for example).
The exp needed for the highest wanted level must not exceed 2^31.

Thank you so much, it all worked perfectly! Well, not really, because my game freezes when I set hero to have max level once the game starts, but I managed to find another way. Thanks again for your help and patience, they were invaluable for me.

Why the heroes need so many levels anyway? Are you trying to make a map with the objective exceeding limits?
I always make maps for my personal use, and this is one of them. Just want a hero to be above certain level, that is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.