• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Setting an individual level Cap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello everyone,

I'm working on a map based on the Legendary Gladiators series.
The game revolves around a group of players in one team (The Gladiators) fighting increasingly strong waves in an arena, all being sent and monitored by a human player, the Imperial Director.

At the begging of the game, each player on the Gladiator Team gets to chose which hero they will be playing as. Every hero has 3 ranks he can go through, and you would rank up by entering a circle of power when your hero reaches max level. A new rank would gain you a boost to stats, new spells and a new unit (While removing the old one) which presents the Rank 2 of the gladiator you're playing as.

Here's what I'm trying to do:
I've already set the max level cap in the game constants to 60, but would like to limit the level cap of other units individually. That way, all Rank 1 Gladiators would have a level cap of 20 and need to get to that point to advance to Rank 2. Then, a Rank 2 needs to get to level 40 so they can (which would also be the max level of the rank 2's) get a Rank 3 Gladiator whose max level is 60.

Is there any way to do this, or at least anything I can do to make leveling each subsequent Rank harder (As in, it requires more XP)? Because, as far as I know, if they all have the same level cap, they all level up with the same amount of XP.

Level 4
Event, Hero of some kind becomes level 20/40~

• Hero - Disable experience gain for (Picked unit)
Or in the gameplay constants, you can set quite a few things regarding how multiplicatively harder it becomes for your hero to level.

But this should be fine, i guess.

Level 2
Event, Hero of some kind becomes level 20/40~

• Hero - Disable experience gain for (Picked unit)
Or in the gameplay constants, you can set quite a few things regarding how multiplicatively harder it becomes for your hero to level.

But this should be fine, i guess.

Could you post the entire trigger please , as I can't seem to find the right event that would trigger the trigger when the Hero becomes level 20.

Last edited:
Level 2
Could you please write down the entire trigger as I can't seem to find the event that would trigger it when the Hero becomes level 20.

Could you post the entire trigger please , as I can't seem to find the right event that would trigger the trigger when the Hero becomes level 20.

Nevermind, I've managed to find it. Thanks for the assist!

Level 24
To make it look nice, you can add an expiration timer to the unit to fill the exp bar and put some text on it.
Afaik, there is no way to create buffs for the expiration timer yourself, but changing water elemental or one of the others if you dont use them is good enough.
Be aware that this cannot be removed except if the unit dies.

Level 2
To make it look nice, you can add an expiration timer to the unit to fill the exp bar and put some text on it.
Afaik, there is no way to create buffs for the expiration timer yourself, but changing water elemental or one of the others if you dont use them is good enough.
Be aware that this cannot be removed except if the unit dies.

That's very good idea! I'll do it right away

Status
Not open for further replies.