• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gameplay constants - lvl cap change, and detecting hero level

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
1. Umm ok i just changed my max hero level from lvl 10 to lvl 60 in gameplay constants, and mobs only give exp until lvl 5, after only exp books work. The only thing i changed in the map was gameplay constants>max hero lvl>10 and i deleted the initialization triggers.

2. And can anyone explain how can i make a condition that checs my hero level? So when my hero would step on a region he would be checked for lvl (for exaple) 10 and let through, otherwise teleported back and would get a message ,,lvl 10 is req for this region"

Im new with world editor and in hiveworkshop, i dont even know if i ask hard questions ;p And i dont know how to us Jass.

Level 12
1. Umm ok i just changed my max hero level from lvl 10 to lvl 60 in gameplay constants, and mobs only give exp until lvl 5, after only exp books work. The only thing i changed in the map was gameplay constants>max hero lvl>10 and i deleted the initialization triggers.

2. And can anyone explain how can i make a condition that checs my hero level? So when my hero would step on a region he would be checked for lvl (for exaple) 10 and let through, otherwise teleported back and would get a message ,,lvl 10 is req for this region"

Im new with world editor and in hiveworkshop, i dont even know if i ask hard questions ;p And i dont know how to us Jass.

1. it's because the Hero XP Gained - Creep Reduction Table is set to 0 when the hero reach lvl 5 (it's set from 80,70,60,50,0)

set the Hero XP Gained - Creep Reduction Table in gameplay constant to any value instead of 0 on the end of the table.

• Entering
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters (Playable map area)
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Hero level of (Triggering unit)) Greater than or equal to 10
        • Then - Actions
          • Set tempPoint = (Your Dungeon's Region)
          • Unit - Move (Triggering unit) instantly to tempPoint
          • Custom script : call RemoveLocation (udg_tempPoint)
        • Else - Actions
          • Game - Display to (All players) the text: level 10 required t...
it's in Integer Comparison > Hero - Hero Level.

Kusanagi Kuro

Hosted Project: SC
Level 10
2. Very easy. U just need to do this:
  • Region Check
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Region 000 <gen>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Level of (Entering unit)) Greater than or equal to 10
        • Then - Actions
          • ------Ur action here------
        • Else - Actions
          • ------If the level requirement doesnt meet then do these action------
In ur case, u must create 2 region (one is the one to check and one is the one that the hero will teleport back when he/she doesnt have enough levels.
EDIT: Why, why, Venomous? Why are u always faster than me >.<?
EDIT 2: We just make an example, Versae. :D

Level 3
1. I'm not quite sure if this is a question.

2. This should work without leaking (haven't tested, I've just typed it straight into THW):
  • MyTrigger
  • Events
    • Unit - Unit enters MyRegion <gen>
  • Conditions
    • (Hero level of (Triggering unit)) Less than 10
  • Actions
    • Set Temp_Point = (Center of (RegionToBeMovedBackTo))
    • Unit - Move (Triggering unit) to Temp_Point (Instantly)
    • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Temp_Point)
    • Set Temp_PGroup = (Owner of (Triggering unit))
    • Game - Display to Temp_PGroup the text: (Level 10 is required for this region!)
    • Custom script: call DestroyForce(udg_Temp_PGroup)
EDIT: Wow. Well you guys definitely beat me to it. Although I believe that you guys' triggers leak, so HAH! :p

Level 1
Thx guys! Tho Versae is too hard for me to understand i need to check everything and il try to do the hardes for learning reasons xP And one last question:

1. it's because the Hero XP Gained - Creep Reduction Table is set to 0 when the hero reach lvl 5 (it's set from 80,70,60,50,0)

so ummm it would mean that on lvl 1 i get 80(something) exp on lvl 2 i get 70 and so on... Till i get 0 on lvl 5, so if i change 0 to 40 will i get 40 of (something) till lvl 60 for every lvl?

Level 12
Thx guys! Tho Versae is too hard for me to understand i need to check everything and il try to do the hardes for learning reasons xP And one last question:

so ummm it would mean that on lvl 1 i get 80(something) exp on lvl 2 i get 70 and so on... Till i get 0 on lvl 5, so if i change 0 to 40 will i get 40 of (something) till lvl 60 for every lvl?

no 80 means 80% of the actual exp from the enemy, if you set it to 100, that means you get full experience from these enemy, not only 100 exp. got it ?

• Custom script : call RemoveLocation (udg_tempPoint)
above trigger is a custom script which is on the list of the action (Custom script)

you just type call RemoveLocation (udg_tempPoint) inside the Script Code.

these action is meant to remove leaks (this one is a leak from creating points).

read this tutorial for more thing about leaks before you create more triggers for your map (leaks can cause lag).
Things That Leak

re-read my triggers, i'd changed it abit.

and you need to wrap the quotes with [Quote][/Quote]

Status
Not open for further replies.