• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Increasing/Decreasing Incoming Damage by Percents

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Hi, I have in my map a variable which changes amount of damage of a certain type, and that variable is initially equal to 1.00.
I can change that variable whenever I want.
When a specific unit receives damage, that type of incoming damage is taken, and is multiplied by the variable to control it.

How can I manage that correctly?

Perhaps it has something to do with manipulating attacking/attacked units' behavior manually via triggers?

Level 9
Do you realize what you're asking for? Every time a unit is attacked/damaged this trigger will run. Don't you think that'll cause lag? Unless of course your unit count is limited..

• Attacked
    • Events
      • Unit - Unit Takes Damage
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Cause (Damage source) to damage (Triggering unit), dealing ((Variable x (Damage taken)) - (Damage taken)) damage of attack type Normal and damage type Normal
Something like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.