• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Import] In the Reforged World Editor, is it possible to add Hero Glow to a unit without importing a model?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi all,

Not much more to add other than I'm trying to minimize the number of imports I need for my map, so if it is at all possible without importing anything, I'd be very down to give it a try.

Thanks!

Cokemonkey11

Spell Reviewer
Level 29
I do not know of a way to do this reliably.

However... some emitter effects continue to emit when a unit's transparency is set to fully transparent. You could try creating various hero units, set them to fully transparent, and see if any of them continue to glow.

Then the problem just becomes one of stacking the invisible hero on top of your unit-model-wielding unit.

However, I don't recommend this. Hero Glow is a very small model and won't make much difference on the overall size of your map.

Why are you against imports?

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
You can use an ability like Devotion Aura, set the Targets Allowed to None, set the Art - Button Positions to 0,-11 (hides it), and set the Art - Target field to this:

sharedfx\hero_glow\hero_glow

Attachments

• ex.png
    ex.png
    35.1 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Level 4
Thank you all for your replies!

I got it working most of the way. Unfortunately, when the unit spawns, it has the glow, but it's the wrong color (I'm using custom colors in my map; players 1 - 5 are blue and 6 - 10 are red).

I was hoping it would automatically change to be the player's correct color, but it seems like it needs a bit more elbow grease.

It did work correctly if I just had the unit in from the very beginning of the game, but that's unfortunately not how the map works.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Oh, and I used the Sphere ability.

Edit: I had an idea. I could set the trigger to add ability 1 to players 1 - 5 and ability 2 to players 6 - 10. I would, however, need to know if there are separate models for each color, but that's something I can probably figure out on my own.

I'll report back if I get it working.

Edit: I got it working! I just needed to change the unit's color to their corresponding team's color as they spawned (the unit already appeared as the correct color but whatever - I'm happy :D )

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.