• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Improved RoC Warden/Assassin

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Ello again, as i promised i had 1 more model coming and here it is.
Reason for the edits? Several major errors in the model, and probably even remants of early development of this model/texture - wrap is misplaced in one area on original model, not by margin but in completely different place, and i discovered remnants of broken hair texture that i reinstated in proper unbroken form, fixed scaling, recoloured and changed few areas to look better and to be more fitting.

I may experiment around with different face paint and hair colours maybe some other changes too.
If you want to use it as replacement for TFT warden you can give her Warden/knife projectile and give it light metal chopping soundand, it will give you kinda nice effect of pretty much throwing knife at their face in point blank, which is kinda funny but also badass...so it fits, on range exacly the same thing will work just increase range....
Short list of changes:
-fixes to wrap all over the model,
-changes in texture to reinstate totally blacked out hair(only visible remain is streak of brunette/brown hair which is barely visible on original texture),
-weird cleavage replaced by more proper one,
-all strappings and leather is blackened,
-ears are propely resized and have their wrap fixed(original texture has ear texture on there but wrap for it is totally misplaced, which can mean there was totally different texture used by assassin/warden before Reign of Chaos' release)
-more fitting blueish-silverish eyes

Enjoy and tell what do you thing and would like to see added/changed :)

P.S. Check out my Maiev/Hero Warden models too :)

1st Update:
-Changed the texture and wrapping of the cape a bit so it doesnt clip with the ground,
-Improved wrapping of the hoodie(both ears now stick out properly through the holes)
-Baton on the back has been removed.
Previews
Contents

Improved RoC Warden/Assassin (Model)

Improved RoC Warden/Assassin portrait (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
Still too small changes. Might be useful for some people, but does NOT justify it being properly approved.
Level 8
Total review :

At a lorisitc point :
  • It's good to have everything for anything, buy usually Wardens have green eyes, and dark skin.
  • I never ever knew what the hell was that hing in her back, but she never used it her hole life... I suggest you remove it, since it is not useful to the model and take only space. Plus it has some wired bug when she do walk animation, should you review that.
  • Did you just censured her boobs ?
At a style point :
  • Oh, thank you ! Just marry me ! You removed those ugly strange enormous ears! It was even bigger than NE male ears !
  • You made her look cuter than before. I really like it.
  • I admire how you just gave her a new armor, it looks better.

Level 14
Total review :

At a lorisitc point :
  • It's good to have everything for anything, buy usually Wardens have green eyes, and dark skin.
  • I never ever knew what the hell was that hing in her back, but she never used it her hole life... I suggest you remove it, since it is not useful to the model and take only space. Plus it has some wired bug when she do walk animation, should you review that.
  • Did you just censured her boobs ?
At a style point :
  • Oh, thank you ! Just marry me ! You removed those ugly strange enormous ears! It was even bigger than NE male ears !
  • You made her look cuter than before. I really like it.
  • I admire how you just gave her a new armor, it looks better.
As i said i will sit down later and work on other variant, maybe with some more changes, and yes i plan to remove that baton thing. About the boobs i just made it into more usual cleavage, before it looked like some weird BDSM vest or something xD
I will also tweak wrap so her ears pop out from these holes on the texture :) (well one ear does actually do that already, but both should to be honest xD)

Level 8
What makes the models pulsate in the model viewer? Many models have these kind of weird glitches but work fine in game.

They have heart attack because people judge them too much.

EDIT :

I also suggest that you give her a bit more ''Elven'' armor, not those bandages. And Holy shit, she finally has boots!
Her back thing armor is sticked to the ground, it has a wired bug when she do all the animations, specially death.

Last edited:
Level 14
They have heart attack because people judge them too much.
xD
EDIT :

I also suggest that you give her a bit more ''Elven'' armor, not those bandages. And Holy shit, she finally has boots!
Her back thing armor is sticked to the ground, it has a weird bug when she do all the animations, specially death.
I will look into that, cape will be lilttle shorter too :)

Level 8
I will look into that, cape will be lilttle shorter too :)

Good, if you want to follow Loristic warden types ( Because I am having a project about watchers.) Know that usually warden wear light metal armor. ( Idk how it is possible, it's elven.)
I always hated their victory animation, it doesn't mean anything! And ... Nevermind I forgot what this comment was about.

Level 14
Good, if you want to follow Loristic warden types ( Because I am having a project about watchers.) Know that usually warden wear light metal armor. ( Idk how it is possible, it's elven.)
I always hated their victory animation, it doesn't mean anything! And ... Nevermind I forgot what this comment was about.
Loristicly this is "canon"
412650.jpg

Irl anyone who would have than on the would get crashed by the weight, not even dreaming of doing anything related to fighting xD Oversize-ness and over fanciness at it's finest or worst - that's why i made my realistic Maiev/Warden, I will probably make 2 version to get more variety for this type of warden(roc one) that has some metal armour too. RoC wardens are obviously meant to look more like assassin's as their internal name says, i can bet that they were supposed to be some stealthy ambush units for melee nelves at some point, but it just became irrelevant when like 60% of nelven units are capable of that with shadowmeld at night.

TL;DR 70% of wow designs are attrocious, and yes i will try getting few armour type versions, other face paint types and stuff for different wardens :)

Level 8
Loristicly this is "canon"
412650.jpg

Irl anyone who would have than on the would get crashed by the weight, not even dreaming of doing anything related to fighting xD Oversize-ness and over fanciness at it's finest or worst - that's why i made my realistic Maiev/Warden, I will probably make 2 version to get more variety for this type of warden(roc one) that has some metal armour too. RoC wardens are obviously meant to look more like assassin's as their internal name says, i can bet that they were supposed to be some stealthy ambush units for melee nelves at some point, but it just became irrelevant when like 60% of nelven units are capable of that with shadowmeld at night.

TL;DR 70% of wow designs are attrocious, and yes i will try getting few armour type versions, other face paint types and stuff for different wardens :)

I suppose Roc Wardens were most of them simple Jailers and not real fighters, since they were found at the barrow prison.

Level 14
Well, they have blink animations and other stuff, hinting at them being actually used in melee with that ability as rogue-like units, they cut them and probably reused them in Barrow deeps. It may explain why they are su bugged with wrapping.

Level 8
Well, they have blink animations and other stuff, hinting at them being actually used in melee with that ability as rogue-like units, they cut them and probably reused them in Barrow deeps. It may explain why they are su bugged with wrapping.

Do me a favor, remove Naruto walk animation. Craft something for her, or at least modify it. I just hate her Naruto movement, animation!

EDIT : I was quiet superised on my first time in WoW to see a male Night elf doing shadow meld, I though he was transgender, you know... Yeah, I will remove that comment.

Last edited:
Level 14
Do me a favor, remove Naruto walk animation. Craft something for her, or at least modify it. I just hate her Naruto movement, animation!

EDIT : I was quiet superised on my first time in WoW to see a male Night elf doing shadow meld, I though he was transgender, you know... Yeah, I will remove that comment.
Well to be honest even Maiev does that, it's just less visible, and for reanimation i would need to spend atleast few days, but i guess if i have time after all other stuff is done....i could :)

Level 8
Well to be honest even Maiev does that, it's just less visible, and for reanimation i would need to spend atleast few days, but i guess if i have time after all other stuff is done....i could :)
Maiev don't, she keeps one of the hands down, while the other is up.
Those wardens are just Ninja !
That would be wonderful!

EDIT : Btw, if you have time to waste, I have billions of request you could find useful.

Level 8
I still dream about version without cloak and those wierd shoulder-wings(?).

She actually has double shoulder armor. (Blizzard logical conclusion.) I suggest you remove those first big shoulders but keep the cloak, without it, it might look odd.
About the animation, not to give you too much work, I suggest you do animation transfer from HeroWarden - Walk to UnitWarden - Walk.
I also suggest you pull out the ears a bit, they look like they were just sticked to the hood, I rather suggest you add keep the ears going inside the hood until you touch the head.

Level 9
I don't see a need to "improve" the model. The original one is a lot better:
  • better colourings
  • clinged woman's breast seem more practical for Assassin's "bustling" tasks
  • hair should be blocked out because she actually wears a hood

I don't see any usage for this alternative. I leave it without rating.

Level 14
  • better colourings

Well it a small edit and recolouring pretty much. I would get back to it and change things up to how they were, like with my Jaina edit, i didnt see merit in some 'shortcomings' of the original... a bit of "Sousa"-ness that befallen me, i learned from this tho he didnt....
Also is it because i didnt do the cloakless variant you wanted years ago xD? I may do it some day i am bored and dont have anything else on my mind... Now i am mostly focusing on practicing and getting my skills up so i can go for something higher grade and made from scratch, ie HD remakes on classic wc3 models hopefully.

According to the following website, the "baton" on her back is actually meant to be her blowgun. She was also called the "Assassin."
- Warcraft III evolution guide
Could you alternate her attack by having her shoot her blowgun?
I may try that, its a nice idea, maybe for spell throw, it could act as way "shadow strike" gets ...."delivered" xD

Last edited:
  • better colourings

Yea, Ujimasa Hojo makes units and Derivatives all the time. You should check out his list.

Level 21
some more edits to possibly justify approval (and make this more useful in general):

-like people have said - fix the weird mummy pants into something normal.
  • maybe give her a weapon, like daggers or something. feels like this kind of character would be running around in the dark stabbing - not punching.
  • add a hero version - += hero glow, dissapate anim
  • some more standard animations - attack 2, spell/spell slam/channel

If the Hive model viewer is working correctly here the cape animation got messed up. look at the run animation from the side, and decay flesh. warden overdid the starch while ironing...

Well it a small edit and recolouring pretty much. I would get back to it and change things up to how they were, like with my Jaina edit, i didnt see merit in some 'shortcomings' of the original... a bit of "Sousa"-ness that befallen me, i learned from this tho he didnt....
Also is it because i didnt do the cloakless variant you wanted years ago xD? I may do it some day i am bored and dont have anything else on my mind... Now i am mostly focusing on practicing and getting my skills up so i can go for something higher grade and made from scratch, ie HD remakes on classic wc3 models hopefully.

I may try that, its a nice idea, maybe for spell throw, it could act as way "shadow strike" gets ...."delivered" xD
You could do that. You could also toggle her, so she becomes her own ranged unit and shoots her variety of darts. You could do both.
Also, because she was a Hero unit, give her an aura and make her weapon glow with team colors. That will be fancy.

some more edits to possibly justify approval (and make this more useful in general):

-like people have said - fix the weird mummy pants into something normal.
  • maybe give her a weapon, like daggers or something. feels like this kind of character would be running around in the dark stabbing - not punching.
  • add a hero version - += hero glow, dissapate anim
  • some more standard animations - attack 2, spell/spell slam/channel

If the Hive model viewer is working correctly here the cape animation got messed up. look at the run animation from the side, and decay flesh. warden overdid the starch while ironing...
The mummy pants are original. I do not understand why Blizzard drew her that way (haha, Jessica Rabbit pun!!).
Also, if you search the site below, the Warden unit was initially supposed to be a Hero unit called the Assassin.

Level 21
The mummy pants are original. I do not understand why Blizzard drew her that way (haha, Jessica Rabbit pun!!).
Also, if you search the site below, the Warden unit was initially supposed to be a Hero unit called the Assassin.
I know the mummy pants are original. they are still ugly :wink:.

Wow, took me a while to remember the WFRR reference...

Level 14
I am just surprised by the activity of you all here, i didnt think much of this edit when i made it and usually they are quite nieche. I must say it makes me want to get back and update it, it was a while since i done any model edit for Wc3, several months at this point.