• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spell ideas for a "Cursed Warden" hero?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i am making this map,and i've looked through the basic spells and spells from dota and i just don't have any idea for what spells a Cursed Warden should have.
! A cursed warden is the Corrupted Ancients/Satyr version of a warden, which is supposed to have stuff in common with corrupted nature and stuff like that.
! It is NOT an assassin hero

Level 10
So it is some sort of tanker? Since Corrupted Ancients and Satyrs are corrupted, here's a brief spellpack i could come out with.

1st: Corrupted Link: Links to a target, stealing x damage per second from an enemy hero. Lasts up to x seconds and the damage stays with the Warden for x seconds after the duration. While in this state the hero loses movement speed per second.

I'll get on with this later. Off to school bye!

Level 33
Corrupted Stench
With every steps taken by the Cursed Warden, nearby enemy unit will suffer damage per second, the nearer the unit to the her, the greater the damage taken. Also, it amplifies damage by X%.

Corrupted Dagger
Hurls a corrupted dagger to the target unit, damaging the target unit per second. With every second, the corruption grows stronger that will slow down the unit over time until the unit can't move any longer (stunned). Any damage taken by the unit from this point will be spread around to the allies of the target unit.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
I love making heroes. The problem is, there are two major considerations for any hero; the Theme and the Role. You've given us the barest Theme, and pretty much an anti-Role ("not an assassin"). So tell us:

Theme
- What faction/race are they aligned with? Satyr's, you say. Classic concept, creating a "Corrupted Night Elf" faction with the "corrupted night elves", re-imagining their heroes.
- What's the story behind this character? (Far Seer = head shaman, in touch with elements and seeing ahead to the Horde's future)
- Where did they come from/Under what circumstances are they created? (i.e. Paladin = holy warrior; Death Knight = corrupted Paladin)
- What do they look like? (Keeper of the Grove = 4-legged "good centaur", super-druid with tree-claw arm & flowing leafy tresses.)

Role
- This is warcraft after all: What part of the battle will they be in? front lines? off to the side? ranged support? back-in-the-back (caster/ranged)?
- What will they be doing outside of combat?
- What are some parameters on how they will play (slowly build up strength to dominate; quick overpowering force; long-term leaching; AoE vs single-target focused; etc)
- etc

Until you answer those kinds of things (for yourself & us), we can't really help you. Good luck!

Level 10
Another one. Not sure if it's good.

Ultimate: Death Field
- Sends out x corrupted energy orbs flying around the hero (like Anub'arak's Locust Swarm) and flies around her in a x radius. When the orb hit's an enemy, it duplicates and deals damage for every target's missing hit points to the target hit (eg: 2 damage for every missing hit point) and lowers the armor by x which stacks up to x seconds. After x seconds, all the orb disappear and the armor loss is reset.

Status
Not open for further replies.