• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Importing triggers to GUI from scripts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
I'm not sure I follow. If you want to convert jass (script) into GUI, then you have to do it manually. There is no option to convert jass to GUI (like there is an option to GUI to jass), because jass contains more options (functions and whatnot) than GUI. You cannot convert jass function that does not exist in GUI into GUI. That simply doesn't make sense.

So yeah, you'll have to convert it manually by finding the GUI equivalent to each jass script.

Level 3
Did you check the link I posted?
It's the author of ITT explaining how to take all the files of jass etc by using some kind of method and I am not sure how to do it... :/

(I dont want to convert jass into GUI, I want to create working w3x file with terrain, objects + triggers written in jass, by reading the instructions you do it in somekind of method using Ruby if I understand correctly...)

Could you download the zip file and try to do it yourself?
I am out of ideas

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
It is not possible to convert jass to GUI. The trigger data is saved in a different file entirely. Also, the way "proper" jass is written, with function calls, locals and returns, is impossible to replicate in GUI. It's like converting custard to banana.

You can always paste every line into a custom script :D

Technically it would be GUI :p

(sadly you'd need to know (v)JASS knowledge in order to make it work)

It is not possible to convert jass to GUI. The trigger data is saved in a different file entirely. Also, the way "proper" jass is written, with function calls, locals and returns, is impossible to replicate in GUI. It's like converting custard to banana.

I saw after i wrote this comment that converting jass to GUI was not what you were asking for. Sorry!

Frankly, i have no idea why he is using a compiler script to put the map together, except for showing off. Have you tried the map found in the "base maps" folder? If it is unprotected, it might be the same thing. If you do want to try the script, make sure you have ruby installed on your computer and added to the environment variables.

Status
Not open for further replies.