• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Important question about GDD (how to detect ATTACK)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Hello everyone. I have a skill like this in my map. It was working without any issues since today. When hero casts spell or uses item, this skills works for the spell and item because i have to adds something like "GDD damage source is ATTACKING" is there a way to prevent this issue?

• Viceclaws
    • Events
      • Game - GDD_Event becomes Equal to 0.00
    • Conditions
      • (Level of Viceclaws // for GDD_DamageSource) Greater than 0
      • (Facing of GDD_DamageSource) Greater than or equal to ((Facing of GDD_DamagedUnit) - 55.00)
      • (Facing of GDD_DamageSource) Less than or equal to ((Facing of GDD_DamagedUnit) + 55.00)
      • (GDD_DamagedUnit is A structure) Equal to False
      • (GDD_DamagedUnit is Mechanical) Equal to False
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
      • Set Viceclaws_Damage_Real = (80.00 x (Real((Level of Viceclaws // for GDD_DamageSource))))
      • Unit - Cause GDD_DamageSource to damage GDD_DamagedUnit, dealing Viceclaws_Damage_Real damage of attack type Spells and damage type Sonic
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the chest of GDD_DamagedUnit using Objects\Spawnmodels\Human\HumanBlood\HumanBloodKnight.mdl
      • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
      • Trigger - Turn on (This trigger)

Level 17
GDD is? It sounds like some sort of system but all details about that seem to be lacking from this thread...

Does the item use the same ability? If so consider making it a different ability and testing the level of that.
Here is the system. GUI-Friendly Damage Detection v1.2.1
Still we haven't tested it with items but we don't need the test because it has Shadow Strike ability and it deals extra damage from behind.
But i have created this spell for the "backstab with auto attacks" not with the spells.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Use a more modern damage detection system. The new natives give much better results and I think they support detecting ability damage.

Otherwise a work around for such legacy system would be to detect when the ability is cast and only enable the on damage trigger for the cast sequence. This might not be perfectly reliable as other damage sources during the time might trigger the on damage actions incorrectly but for most cases is good enough.

Level 17
Use a more modern damage detection system. The new natives give much better results and I think they support detecting ability damage.

Otherwise a work around for such legacy system would be to detect when the ability is cast and only enable the on damage trigger for the cast sequence. This might not be perfectly reliable as other damage sources during the time might trigger the on damage actions incorrectly but for most cases is good enough.
Probably. But i am looking for the opposite if it is helps let me explain more.
I want to make it work if only hero is right clicking (attacking, auto attacking, a left click etc et) but NOT with the spells. Maybe it is possible with this system and still i couldn't find it yet..

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
Here's a Condition that may work in response to that Event:
  • (Damage From Normal Attack) Equal to True
But you should use Bribe's Damage Engine if you want a modern system that offers full control over everything damage event related.

Status
Not open for further replies.