• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Important discovery for Reforged modellers

Status
Not open for further replies.
These past few days, while coping with 1.33 WE inexplicably refusing to load my custom models as local files, I've inadvertently discovered that the soundsets still play in-game even though the model can't be rendered.
It led me to find that as of 1.33, beast/monster models can now use human speech soundsets, and inversely, humanoid models can use beast/monster soundsets.
But what I also found is that soundsets are completely independent of FaceFX now. A model without FaceFX can have speech normally. FaceFX is now officially an optional component of a portrait.
The age of relying on FaceFX animation rigs for speech is over. Animating speech will return to the pre-Reforged days! This will simplify the workflow for Reforged modellers tremendously.
With reforged models are required to have a lipsync animation to play certain soundfiles. My questions is if there's anyway to disable this requirement?
There will no longer be a need to ask the question above. Reforged models are no longer dependent on FaceFX.

Status
Not open for further replies.