• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

import3ds.zip

A small file for importing .3ds-files into the gmax-editor

My friend made this and allowed me to upload it here. Hope you have a use of this.
Contents

3ds -> GMax (Binary)

Reviews
» Wolverabid « Date: 8th of February, 2008 Approval status: Approved Rating: (7) Very Good Main points: [x] The performs as indicated by the submitter.

M

» Wolverabid «

Date: 8th of February, 2008
Approval status: Approved
Rating: (7) Very Good

Main points:
[x] The performs as indicated by the submitter.

Level 2
Do "newbies" as my self who first time run it will get any detail info from profs about how to use it? I would be very grateful :) ! I tried to MAXScripts>>Run Scripts and tried to up load 3dMax8 model it failed... guessing I'm doing some thing wrong :(

Saying not supporting format :(

Level 2
@neyatu 3dsmax is a modelling program and it is paid. it costs around 3500 USD so if you want it free you need to get it illegaly

Level 4
HELLO?!?!
more than ten people ask u how to use this tool Oo can u answer?! I dont know how this tool works, like most of the people in the comments... its just a MS-File.. dont know how open it or what ever... if u create a tool make a tutorial or something :thumbs_down:

Level 4
HELLO?!?!
more than ten people ask u how to use this tool Oo can u answer?! I dont know how this tool works, like most of the people in the comments... its just a MS-File.. dont know how open it or what ever... if u create a tool make a tutorial or something :thumbs_down:

Man really for the last time now, according to post n° 3 and 5:
open up GMax, select this script as your GMax script and then a window will appear in which you can select a .3ds-file. This file will be loaded up after you've chosen it in GMax. Can't you guys read?

Level 1
I'm new to this and started today, I need some help with this.... modelling thing. lol I can't even figure out how to edit the way they look but I know how to import models in order to have them edited using World Editor. But other than that, meh.