• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I'm just curious...

Status
Not open for further replies.

_PV

_PV

Level 7
hey everyone

i am just too curious weather i am allowed to use warcraft/WoW names, cities, npc's, storyboard etc. and incorporate it into my campaign, which is currently undergoing construction?
just an example:
i want to have "scenario 1" be the prelude to the culling of Stratholm (where Arthas had commanded the city be purged). Could i take this story and base a map on what really happened BEFORE the culling? could this work? like a RPG type of map-series where your hero plays a roll in the events that took place in Azeroth...
Another example- when Arthas had commanded the ships to be burnt during the landing at northrend, i could base a map on what the rebel soldiers were really plotting, maybe make some stuff up :D
Anyway, by now you may have gotten the point on what i want to do..

also, i would like to know if such a type of campaign/rpg type of map would be considered as "a success" or be deemed fun to play, by the rpg lovers.. ?

please comment and deliver your statement on how you would feel if such a map/campaign were to be incorperated :wink:

thanks ^^

Level 10
Ofcourse you can take any Warcraft lore and incorporate it, you can even create alternative stories ;D

Many people do this and wether it'll be a "success" will depend more on the map itself :)
What you can't do however is take models from WoW, ( Icons are fine though ).

Anyway i hope that awnsered your question and goodluck with your map if you decide to make it ^.^

Status
Not open for further replies.