• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Warcraft III Online Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
It occurred to me while playing a fellowship of the ring map yesterday there are no maps that allow players to follow the Warcraft III story in some form of RPG gameplay. I know the project is possible. What are your comments.

The map would be of epic size, but instead of rebuilding all of Azeroth as we see in story-mode maps that are available each "chapter" could be its own sectored off area. When the objective for that chapter is complete players could continue to the next chapter.

Heroes would be non-canon generic characters maybe? Or we could divide up players across Azeroth as Arthas, Thrall, Grom, etc.. however this would become very complicated.

The campaign would follow loosely the campaign of Reign of Chaos, but we could allow players options to change the events slightly as they play out? At times players could choose to stay and fight off the legion at lordaeron or move to kali and prepare for the invasion.

Another thought of the day

Level 15
to make any good map of a scale of a whole campaign (i'm not even talking 'bout mixing several campaigns into one), u'll need an enormous map, larger than those provided by original WE. such a map in ultiplayer will be very laggy and more likely that it will take more than 4 mb, so it couldn't be hosted

Level 5
how about creating a map with a few scenarios and save/load triggers for the heroes.

And having many maps that use the same save/load code. Like a save/load code for half the human campaign that is avalible in another map which continues the story.

Level 2
If you make a big map dont forget the size will be big to. If someone will play it online it will loses his minds because the time for loading on big maps is 2-3 min in single and 6-20min ( conection problem ) . You know how anoing could be to wait 20 mins in face of a loading screen ? The ideea is really good but is a little bit to hard to realize. You can try to make really small maps but with to be continue in the end . After they finish the first mission bang the second comes and the time for loading is really short . Please try to do so . If your project will be serious I wanna be tester.

Status
Not open for further replies.