• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

If Unit get's builded turns red

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hey, i have a problem in my ltd map.
I wanted to change a model, normally i have never problems with it. But now i have.

If all other towers are build they don't get this red color in the building phase. Every new model i try to add since yesterday get's invisible. If i place the tower by my own in the world editor he looks normal.
Only if the tower get's builded the problem is there

Someone has a idea?

Attachments

• m.jpg
    m.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 60
Level 21
Gotta be some interfering trigger.
Check for any that change something upon construction, i'd say.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I recommend ruling out graphic driver errors by restarting your computer (not shutdown, it must be restart). WC3 is known to display visual glitches if the graphic drivers enter some kind of bugged state. Most common with Intel graphic drivers but also seen on NVidia cards.

Next you need to explain what the problem is more clearly. Maybe highlight it. The red you seem to refer to looks like hero glow which is either part of the model, or being dynamically attached by a trigger.

If importing custom models no longer works make sure the model works in a separate test map. If it does and does not work in your map then try temporarily running the editor as an administrator to rule out permission problems with file IO, this may be required on modern OSes running old versions of WC3. Verify the model and required textures are imported correctly by extracting them using a third party MPQ editor like MPQEdit.

Level 3
permanent.

If the round start and the building is transformed into a unit the model looks normal. Round end and unit is tower again= invisible.

I don't understand why. It is not logical. It must have something to do process of building.
But i just changed the model and nothing else

Level 13
Well, there's your problem.

It looked like it's invisible to me. When that building is finished being constructed, permanent invisibility takes effect.
That is what invisibility looks like: ghostly.
Remove permanent invisibility, and watch what happens.

Level 13
Wait a second, do you mean the red glow?
Or, the unit is kind of ghostly?

If its the red glow, that is part of the unit model itself.
If you want to remove the red glow, you will have to get 3D modeling software and remove it from the origin vertex (or wherever its attached)
You could also just change that unit's color to black:
  • Unit - Change color of (Picked unit) to Black
Which kind of reduces hero glow, or... use another 3D model, since that glow's part of the model you imported.

Status
Not open for further replies.