1. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

AI does not work

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by Animalpower, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Animalpower

Animalpower

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I need a map to work like a melee map, there are custom buildings in my map, all players are set to Human, they are human, just I replaced building, and every player has different buildings and units. When I replaced the buildings and units (with a trigger), the peasants just stand there, they are not active, nothing is builded. There is no Workshop, Arcane Sanctum, Town Hall in my map, I made custom models for buildings. The workers act like there is nothing to build, like they do not recognize, how can I make them build and work?

2. ronojales

ronojales

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    for an AI to work you should have the appropriate .ai (or .wai?) file running. create a custom AI using the AI editor, then save the AI script, import it to your map, and run the script using a trigger.

3. SunTzu7387

SunTzu7387

Resources:
    Resources:
    Do everything what ronojales said but also b4 you save the AI script. You need to import your object data of your map into the AI editor and then set the AI buildings priorities and all that to whatever you want to make them build your custom buildings. When your done do the rest of what ronojales said from save the ai script on to run the script using a trigger.

4. mckill2009

mckill2009

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    You can not just replace units with triggers coz AI's will not go for it, you must order
    them in the AI editor...

if you have custom heroes & abilities & using "AI - Melee start melee Ai", you may need
    to trigger the learning of them and DO NOT use channel based abilities coz AI's will NEVER
    use them...