• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Icon turns Green when selecting other Units ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hey there. I've encountered another problem in my map. Normally, all the Icons are fine, but in some conditions, the Imported icons turn green. When I select the Shop from far away, like when my hero isn't near the shop, The Imported Icons appear green, but when i Go near it, they become Normal. Again then, when I have selected my Hero the icons appear fine, but when I Select someone else's hero, they suddenly show a Green Box. I've read at many places that green box shows that Icon isn't Found, but if the Icon isn't found, why does it show me the Icon when I'm near the shop or when I select my own Hero. Its really confusing.
Awaiting answers.

Level 11
also you need to edit the name of the ones you import
ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTN ( afther btn the name of the icon )
the same go`s with Disbtn
ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled ( afther this the name of the Disabled one .

there can loot like this

ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNTreeSparrow.blp
ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISBTNTreeSparrow.blp
ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\ATCTreeSparrow.blp
ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISATCTreeSparrow.blp
ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\PASTreeSparrow.blp
ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISPASTreeSparrow.blp

this are for btn / Disbtn and atct / Disatct and pas / dispas

Level 5
Level 14
Most icons have a regular and a disabled texture (along with a few others occasionally) You need to import both of them and then set the custom path of it like polardude showed.

So if your textures were called Armlet.blp and DisabledArmlet.blp you would have to set the path to ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISBTNDisabledArmlet.blp

I think that is correct, if not someone please correct it

Level 7
Every button needs a disabled version as well (as the others have pointed out).

Each Icon texture needs to be paired up with it's "Disabled" version. this extra texture is the same icon but the border is removed and it is darkened.

You know that when you are far away from a shop the icon appears to be darkened/disabled because you are unable to buy that item from so far away. This different appearance is in fact a different texture, it's a different graphic. If you do not supply this graphic to go with your Icon then the game doesn't know what to do so it just shows a green icon.

Level 5
Every button needs a disabled version as well (as the others have pointed out).

Each Icon texture needs to be paired up with it's "Disabled" version. this extra texture is the same icon but the border is removed and it is darkened.

You know that when you are far away from a shop the icon appears to be darkened/disabled because you are unable to buy that item from so far away. This different appearance is in fact a different texture, it's a different graphic. If you do not supply this graphic to go with your Icon then the game doesn't know what to do so it just shows a green icon.

Ok Thankyou. I'll try doing what Veritas 117 said.

Status
Not open for further replies.