• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

if i could time travel i'd...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd go back to medieval times and troll 'philosophers' with these ideas:
- Nuclear Bombs
- Quantum Mechanical Atomic Model
- Planes
- Walking on the moon
- Computers
- Neurological systems

And I'd go to a church and tell them: "I am Satan's minion! You will all burn in hell demons!"

And I'll go back to my own time to escape :ogre_hurrhurr:

Then I'll go back and introduce the Arabs to nuclear weapons:

1292190053.jpg

Oh and then, I'll go to 1492 and troll Christopher Columbus. He'll be like 'I discovered America!' and I'll say 'I was here first /b/ro'

Then he'll be like:

rage_face.jpeg

Level 7
I'd go back in time and prevent some things from happening...
I'd go back in time with my present-knowledge and make the world develop faster. And to make a name for myself.

I'd make sure Lauren Faust and Justin Bieber would die in a car accident.

If you did that, i'd go back in time and kill your ancestors to make sure that Lauren Faust never died. I'd also go forward in time (From that moment) and kill JB myself.

...Maybe i'd go back in time more, take Tommy Wiseau with me and make him act in the Godfather. Such talent should not be wasted on some puny internet shows.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
I'd go back in time to tell my own self certain things.
Your old self would need to feel and know, not listen. And children have a hard time understanding grown-ups stuff and/or, much like people overall, feeling words.
So, if by going back in time it meant going back to my former self, yes, I'd probably do many things differently, assuming I'd retain my present knowledge.

Reactions: HFR
Level 12
I'd go back in time and tell myself that i'll figure a way to travel through time on day <undefined>, though that can never work.

why? because otherwise it would probably happened by now.

Level 4
go chat to a few Neanderthals... see how the Mammoth hunting is going??!

i would NOT go to the future...EVER. well, at least not with the way that i imagine time travel. for all you know the world is a wasteland and you arrive in a radiation fallout zone, or the planet's orbital path changed and you arrive in outer-space. that would suck...

Here's an idea: Plan to build a time machine in the future and vow that you will go back to the past (a specific date) and watch your future self emerging from some rip in space-time in your own room in the present ;D
It doesn't work though :c

I'd like to see you get your hands on a nuclear weapon in this time period

$1.01 Store in Iran =P

Level 4
Here's an idea: Plan to build a time machine in the future and vow that you will go back to the past (a specific date) and watch your future self emerging from some rip in space-time in your own room in the present ;D
It doesn't work though :c

wow, mind-fugger??! :goblin_jawdrop:

HFR

HFR

Level 22
Also, it's worth of note that going back in time to kill someone before he's born, eh let's say... Kaiser Wilhelm, would create a paradox, as the reason you went back in time to kill him is gone as he didn't even exist in the timeline you live.

Or something like that, I missed Time Travel classes.

Reactions: Rui
Level 34
I don't think I would time travel. If movies taught me anything, it's don't fuck with time.

Level 4
True, but if movies taught me something else, all the time mess-ups can be fixed.

I still don't get what happened in the Price of Persia Movie. The princess was pretty clear, if the dagger is inserted into the sand-glass and the button pressed, in infinite loop will be created and then: DEATH

However, it happens and then he is transported back to just after the fight?! :vw_wtf:

it would seem that the pen is mightier than the sword!

Level 34
I still don't get what happened in the Price of Persia Movie. The princess was pretty clear, if the dagger is inserted into the sand-glass and the button pressed, in infinite loop will be created and then: DEATH

However, it happens and then he is transported back to just after the fight?! :vw_wtf:

it would seem that the pen is mightier than the sword!
A Hollywood movie with a giant plot hole?! How preposterous.

Dustan opens the dagger while it's in the crystal (or whatever it was) reverting time back to just after the siege. The energy was never fully released. That's what I remember anyways.

Level 14
I personally don't think time can be re written. Whatever happens is Fixed. If you go back in time, the timeline already has you printed for that. Whatever actions you do is what your supposed to do. If I went back in time and killed dinosaurs with a laser gun, the world would be the same, since I was supposed to go back in time and kill them with my laser gun. That is my theory

Level 4
hehe, or the princess is a liar... bitch

anyway, I reconsidered what I'd do with time travel. I'd go see if Erich von Dainekken has any merit with all his ancient aliens theories...

A Hollywood movie with a giant plot hole?! How preposterous.

lol!

HFR

HFR

Level 22
Can't you just create a super-emp field to fry all electronics on a planet instead? That would be soooo cheaper than time travel.

Now that you said that, I remembered the ending of the Day the Earth Stood Still remake, where they do the same thing. The movie *tries* to make that seems good and all, but I couldn't stop wondering about all the people on life support units, using pacemakers or inside elevators.

But the most affected surely would be the Prius drivers.

Level 22
^ I think so too, if space can be warped and such thing could be possible who knows, that would allow you to shorten distances, I have no idea how you would have a time loss/time passed as if you traveled the long way, but that's how I see it. I dont think going back to the past or the future in the way movies show is really possible... Wait it isn't even the wildest theories of warping space cannot suggest a logical theory of this being possible, so screw that.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Particles that travel faster than the speed of light apparently exist now, thus who knows when time travel will become possible.

All it needs is for one to be able to reverse the direction of the rate of change of time (a time speed at a galactic level). One can see that this would probably be classed as a new doomsday device for the reason of if it fails...

Level 4
erm...

{from Wikipedia} A tachyon ( /ˈtæki.ɒn/) is a hypothetical subatomic particle that always moves faster than light. In the language of special relativity, a tachyon would be a particle with space-like four-momentum and imaginary proper time.

okay, so as obvious as this is going to sound... make sure you understand what it says: until we can prove it's existence, we cannot confirm it exists; until we can disprove its existence we can not confirm that it does not. (mathematically or otherwise) as such, this theoretical particle is just that, a theory... something a human brain conceptualised and gave meaning to.

Level 11
The only problem with Tachyons and time travel via moving faster than light is the time it takes for something to accelerate faster than light speed without killing a human, and avoiding colliding with other objects in space. Also, if time travel is somehow possible, it is almost guaranteed to not be available to the public, as if one were to take a ship, move it faster than the speed of light, and crash it into something, the damage would be utterly disastrous.

If we were somehow able to convert humans into Tachyons and then re-convert them into humans, then this would be a somewhat practical way of 'traveling time.'

With that note, I'd like to bring up the Multiverse Theory, for those interested in the time travel subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.