• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Time Travel Triggers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I'm trying to make a Time Travel machine like TARDIS from Doctor Who. If there are people who don't know what is (I doubt nobody knows, but just in case), it's basically a time machine that can teleport trough time and space.

Any help with it would be appreciated, since I don't have any idea what to try to make. Travel to future is easy, I just freeze it, make it invisible and invulnerable and wait for time to pass and then return it to normal. Now, travel to past is harder and I don't know how would I make it, since my map is a Multiplayer map and other players would get mad if I do it with saving everything and then loading it.
I would just make time machine appear somewhere else on the map with unit called "Future Doctor" that is stronger than my current hero and has a duration, but that's not really complicated (it's like basic summon), so I want to hear your ideas.

Level 20
I don't get what you want...

With a "Travel in time" to the past I can think about setting unit position/hp/mp to some seconds before casting. Travel to future would, maybe, making the unit regen/move faster.

Level 5
But is there anything I coud trigger that would seem like time travel, when in fact it isn't? Because I'm sure people will get mad if I warp back in time before they've built armies. And since that map includes large amount of enemies (similar to Plague 1: East, if you've ever played it). It would lag like hell if I'm about to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.