• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Travel Agency {custom merchant}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
As the Title states, I am about to create a "Merchant" who offers a travel from one City to another.
He should have a "Button" for each city, being able to transfer the hero to it, for a small fee.

I thought about using Upgradelevels for the job, but since they are limited to 100, it might be not enough for the mass of travel requests, since the system will be used very oftenly.

I know, that I could just use teleporters, beaming the entering hero to the desired region, but there is a missing fee, which would be too hard to add simplified.

Any ideas? :)

Level 26
There are few ways. You can use abilities and add them to merchant. One ability per teleport. Refer proper actions depending on which ability-teleport is used. Don't forget about player properies conditions (gold/lumber) to function, if player doesn't have enough prevent the actions and display message to given player with information about requirements.

However, if you want to keep nice tool tip (with shown gold/lumber required) you have to stick with items. I'd would prefer tomes since you dont have to remove item after it has been bought. In trigger refer to item being sold/acquired and do actions according to that item (teleport to target area).

Level 17
still spinnaker, tomes lag the game, try buying 1k tomes and your game will lag like hell, using the normal item would do, just remove the item, all powerups item 'leaves' lag, like tomes, check the origin of the hero when he done buying, and you'll notice 'something' small is spinning around, something like 'tome'

Level 33
still spinnaker, tomes lag the game, try buying 1k tomes and your game will lag like hell, using the normal item would do, just remove the item, all powerups item 'leaves' lag, like tomes, check the origin of the hero when he done buying, and you'll notice 'something' small is spinning around, something like 'tome'

Use this to counter your "leak" problem:

• Removing Tomes Leak
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Sells an item (from shop)
    • Conditions
      • *Any Tomes Type You Want*
    • Actions
      • Wait 0.00 seconds
      • Item - Remove (Sold Item)
There will be no more spinning miniature tomes at the position of buying unit
Plus, it is wait-safe, meaning it is safe for MUI

Level 33
Then why do you said that "tomes leak the game" whereas you know the solution to the problem =,="
You are making yourself ashamed, my slave bwahahahah :D
Haha joking~

So, use that trigger to clear the leak, then you're good to go

Status
Not open for further replies.