• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ideas for Modeling Competition #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK but just for more freedom, how about having female versions of male models and male versions of female models?

What I meant by not much use is most things already have "female" versions of them (though more in the sense of a female version of their race). And the ones that don't are pitlords and the like.

You also have to think that a very little amount of mappers need female versions (or male versions while we're at it).

Level 19
Cyborgs and robots are for Starcraft, not Warcraft. How many people would use them? All projects I see are in majority for Warcraft theme.

Modelling competition 3 was a failure. I would say there are still very little custom buildings.
Sorry morpheus, we just did buildings.

And we only got two entries finished.
That's why you need more.

Do some environment models!

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

I like the gender swap idea actually, I mean, who doesn't want to see a flabby female pitlord?

I'm serious though, that ones' also on the list of good ideas.

Current list:

Tech (something like that)
Casters
Gender Swap

Level 8
Idk how one could summarize this contest theme with one word, however, i think a cool theme would be making any beast-like creature with alot of limbs, like a centipede or something (probably not that many limbs, but you get the picture). Not only would this put modeling skills to the test but animating skills as well.

Level 23
Well I have never seen one. Maybe it means they are not good since they are not even popular.

You sir, are stuck in a box.

A very small and crampt box.

I will ask you politely, one more time, to get out.

But to avoid accusations of flaming, I will explain this: robots are not just 'for Starcraft'. In case you are entirely blind, you'll notice that Warcraft has quite its own levels of technology -- the bastard Goblins and Gnomes being the obvious ones, with the ever-so-slightly-less-offensive steam-punk Dwarves throwing their hats in. Use your fucking imagination.

I actually can't believe what you're trying to say. Just... No.

Level 19
Yes I know Goblins, Dwarves and Gnomes, but there are limits what they can do. No modern technology, like starships. And you are not behaving well.
And yeah, Blizzard has female pit lords in their lore, but not in the games :p... Hell, how would reproduce without this factor? Would they be hermaphrodyte?
Well I'm sure some demons and things are just spawned from pure darkness.

Level 23
Yes I know Goblins, Dwarves and Gnomes, but there are limits what they can do. No modern technology, like starships. And you are not behaving well.
Robots != starships.

... Actually, didn't they put some Draenei star-ships into WoW?

Hmm, looks like you're on shaky ground, Mr. Jaako. I urge you to cast off your ill-gotten preconceptions before they put you in serious trouble.

Level 19
Jaakko... a goblin mech is probably better than our technology today. Do you see any mechs walking around?
No. Goblin mechs are just fine for Warcraft. But I'm sure some technology don't fit in Warcraft.

All I'm saying is robots fit more in Starcraft. Is that so hard to understand or why do you have to act like that RDZ?

Level 23
I have to act like that because you're putting things in boxes.

You are thinking; "a robot is sci-fi, StarCraft is sci-fi, ergo, robots must belong in StarCraft."

I HATE people who think like that -- in boxes.

It is a simple task to create robots in the Warcraft style -- as it will no doubt be a simple task to create Orcs or Elves in the StarCraft style.

Warcraft is a very versatile universe. There is no place for people like you place arbitrary constraints on what is or is not possible.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

It seems like mechs/futuristic units have the majority vote here.

Rules and restrictions? Guidelines?

Level 23
ROBOTZZZZZ!

Absolutely necessary:
Non-heroes.
Non-buildings.
Require: Stand, Walk, Death
Recommended: Stand, Walk, Attack, Spell, Death
Textures: in-game or scratch (allow old scratch textures, as long as you made them; since in-game are 'old' textures too).

My opinion:
No pilot or other organic parts.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Okay, seems fair to me.

Although I will allow pilots, that shouldn't really be restricted. Organic parts however, I agree with.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Oh snap it's Jigrael. Now you all lose.

Yes you can have morph animation, no you cannot have two.

I will restrict polys, 14k would be ridiculous to have in Warcraft. The li,it will probably be to keep it under 2000.

I'll start it later today.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Yes, that would seem to be the majority vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.