• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Idea for crusader's future

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Okay we are all aware that crusaders right now are kind of terrible tanks simplely becouse they cant keep aggro at all (yea you can use Guardian Angel but the cooldown is huge so you cant really keep aggro all the time) and we all know that currently best tank sadly is the berserker.

So to prevent that basterd Berserker takes the place of the crusader i suggest for 1.2 adding the set of tanky items of mail class just to be usable for crusaders and not for both Berserker and Crusader like todez already did with priest regaia (wich can only be used by clerics) if its possible, and also like another aoe spell tat can replace the removal of Demoralizing Shout from crusader becouse now is a real pain to get aoe aggro with the crusader.

Well thats it Thank you for your atention

Level 6
might u wont need int at all in d4 as crusader who knows if there are big groups like in d3 at all.

but i do support some special clothes for all classes makes all classes more unique. right know ghostly hat is used by necro/sorc/bishop same with lunar and this makes all chars pretty much the same in looking.

Level 6
I never even mentioned d3.....and as of balanced im not sure how is it balanced that berserker is a way better tank than a class that is meant for tanking, as crusader you strugle a lot to keep the aggro on you (specially on some long fight bosses, unless the dpsers arent that good) im suggesting this so that crusader can claim his place as the good tank it is suposed to be you do know is not right that berserker can tank better if he is a dps class, so yea i suggested unique armors for him so the armor bonuses granted from mail items are won just by the crusader and not by both berserker and crusader, otherwise berserker will remain pretty much as being the best tank in single target and aoe tanker, you can't say thats balanced -.-

Also if fights in d4 will be as long as you say they will be crusader will be even more shitty the longer the fight is the crusader's aggro keep starts to decrease heavily, so yea he needs a new aggro spell :/

I just want crusaders to take back their place as the best tank

I never even mentioned d3.....and as of balanced im not sure how is it balanced that berserker is a way better tank than a class that is meant for tanking, as crusader you strugle a lot to keep the aggro on you (specially on some long fight bosses, unless the dpsers arent that good) im suggesting this so that crusader can claim his place as the good tank it is suposed to be you do know is not right that berserker can tank better if he is a dps class, so yea i suggested unique armors for him so the armor bonuses granted from mail items are won just by the crusader and not by both berserker and crusader, otherwise berserker will remain pretty much as being the best tank in single target and aoe tanker, you can't say thats balanced -.-

Also if fights in d4 will be as long as you say they will be crusader will be even more shitty the longer the fight is the crusader's aggro keep starts to decrease heavily, so yea he needs a new aggro spell :/

I just want crusaders to take back their place as the best tank
The reason the berserker is currently the better tank is because the berserker is the better damagedealer. You basicly overaggro the Crusader with the Berserker, which is intentional, because aggro management will be a core aspect of berserker play (other classes can do that too, but would die in the process). The only reason this works fine in its current state is, that the Berserker has roughly the same survivability as the Crusader.
As soon as the gap in survivability between Berserker and Crusader starts to widen, this problem will disappear.

All AoE skills of the Berserker require a 2-handed weapon equipped. With 1.2 content, you can also expect shields to grant a much higher bonus to armor than the current selection of shields. Also, Crusaders will get more and more defensive abilities whereas Berserkers will not.
Also, there will be dedicated armors for both Berserkers and Crusaders. The Shade drops a low-armor mail piece suited for Berserkers, just to give an example.

Making too much Crusader-only loot would only cause the Berserker tank tree to become useless. I also want Berserkers to be viable offtanks, hence why in the future, shields will get a huge buff to defensive stats.

Level 6
Okay im happy to hear that at least there will be an item dedicated to just the class, but any new aoe aggroer for crusader?

Okay im happy to hear that at least there will be an item dedicated to just the class, but any new aoe aggroer for crusader?
There might be more in the future. I haven't thought of new skills in 1.2 yet, but there's definitely more to come.

Almost all the ones I made for 1.2 have already been released now. The last remaining new ability is going to be released in 1.1n as boss drops for the new boss encounter.

Level 13
I'm hoping some of the gear will be viable for maxed characters, truth be told. Looking forward to potential water elementals though, damage is going to go nuts. Dem summinz.

Level 1
Why does everyone keep bashing zerkers (my fav class of all) :( But I have to agree with gotenks on this one. It used to be quite hard for crusaders to hold aggro before, and now that I hear it's been removed I can hardly imagine how difficult it's become now. As for crusader only armor idea, if u ever wanna make it happen I think it's only fair if it's wearable by zerks as well

Level 3
The threat management in D3 waves is not something you should consider when discussing threat balancing for a whole class, it simply does not make sense.
We had this topic numerous times now and I simply feel it's more balanced in the status quo.

I think delete the shout from Crusader is a great idea.
It made Playing Crusader becomes much interesting.
Limited getting over power AOE dam easily from Crusader to undead now.
Yeah, Crusader is weakly to create single dam now.
But you could reset stats to Str-style if you want to rise its single dam.
Crusader could gain dps from both str and int.
So it would get more ascension than Berserker as level up.
But I also complaining the huge CD "Angel" has.

Level 3
The reason the berserker is currently the better tank is because the berserker is the better damagedealer. You basicly overaggro the Crusader with the Berserker, which is intentional, because aggro management will be a core aspect of berserker play (other classes can do that too, but would die in the process). The only reason this works fine in its current state is, that the Berserker has roughly the same survivability as the Crusader.
As soon as the gap in survivability between Berserker and Crusader starts to widen, this problem will disappear.

All AoE skills of the Berserker require a 2-handed weapon equipped. With 1.2 content, you can also expect shields to grant a much higher bonus to armor than the current selection of shields. Also, Crusaders will get more and more defensive abilities whereas Berserkers will not.
Also, there will be dedicated armors for both Berserkers and Crusaders. The Shade drops a low-armor mail piece suited for Berserkers, just to give an example.

Making too much Crusader-only loot would only cause the Berserker tank tree to become useless. I also want Berserkers to be viable offtanks, hence why in the future, shields will get a huge buff to defensive stats.

Agree most opinion about this.
But I also think "Ravager's Hauberk" (ar14 str8 agi3 cr6) is much suit Crusader than Berserker.
1,Too low ar would made Berserker Shame on being a tank.
2,High ar is the best capital to depend. Then you could Stack DPS safely by "Ravager's Hauberk". Specially, 6cr is most important to Crusader because its low cr.

Level 2
I don't agree

I don't agree with some things I read here. The topic starts out stating that crusaders are bad at tanking. But after reading through the whole topic it seems like people just want berserkers to be weaker.
I don't see how making berserkers bad tanks would make a crusader become a better tank?
I want you guys to stop bashing on berserkers and say what you want to be done to the crusader class.

Level 3
Crusader in my opinion is a very good tank...high Armor, shield, self-heal...The problem is that the difference between crusader and berserker is not big enough to turn the balance. Berserkers got enough HP and AR to do maintanking jobs...and even if he needs more heal (= more threat on healers) than crusader, it makes no significant difference in the end.

Hopefully, at least in lvl 50 endgame fights, it will not be possible for Offtank-classes to do maintanking easily anymore...and threat-control becoming a much more important issue for the group.

Status
Not open for further replies.