• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Icon Contest 18 ? wanna do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moy

Moy

Level 49
There always must be a Lich King

Turn one of Warcraft 3 Heroes into new Death Knight.
Draw new ability icons (4) to suit their new role, but save the idea of the spell itself.
Hero Example: Paladin (HU) -> Death Knight (UD)
Icon Example: Ressurection -> Animate Dead
Item Upgrades

Take 4 ladder/in-game 'item' icons (Circlet of Mobility, Mask of Death etc) and create a much more powerful item, an upgrade of it.

Remastered icons

Pick 4 units in Warcraft 3 that has an ugly 'screenshot' icon or (a) unit(s) that doesn't have (a) corresponding icon(s).

I took some of my faves from last poll XD

Damn, i really miss this warcraft 3 community. it's been a long time since I created my recent icon. I want to join, but real life priorities still fucking me. Maybe if the condition is right, I will join again.

But here's my suggestions:

1. Animal abilities
2. Nature related shits
3. Dota abilities remake (Pick one here and make a new skillset)
4. Wc3 Icons REFORGE (if you know what I mean)

We wanna do it, but apparently no more ideas come to the circle! But I suppose the current suggested themes should be enough..

Or.. we, perhaps, could borrow some more themes from the texturing contests and their theme discussions then extend them, huh? Because some might not find any of the current themes interesting.

San

San

Level 32
My favorite theme is still the same from IC15, Create four ability icons for one chosen melee Warcraft 3 unit.
The other themes are o-kay for me, but I especially don't get the Lich King one, do we pick a Hero and turn every ability of them into unholy ones, while following the same idea from the original?

Anyway, we could get at least four participants if things goes well, but people may get busy in the first month of year.

Please do! As well as feeling free to re-use old Contest themes! I've never understood why people shy away from that (especially in situations like this, with lukewarm interest & years of time in between Contests).
Hm.. that's something, really! Re-using old themes but along with producing some new icons. Sounds fairly legit to me! But there's something I just can't put my fingers on...

I, personally, pretty much loved some contest themes that I wanted to participate if I was here before than 2016, but I signed up to hive too late.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.