• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I will review anything. Post your map here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Been playing for a long time, maybe too long... Hope this thread will help current and future map map makers.

I want to give back to the community. Post your map and I will play it, trying to give you the best and most comprehensive review I can.

Rules:

1)One map at a time. Preferable yours and under development.
2) Playable in single player (even if it's a multi player map)
3) Works on 1.28
4) In English
5)Ask about specifics before or after I play it. I will try it again if needed.

Map type restrictions
1)no cinematics (because I can't give constructive help)
2)no melee/ altered melee maps (same as nr 1. Can't properly give advice)

Last edited:
Level 19
Been playing for a long time, maybe too long... Hope this thread will help current and future map map makers.

I want to give back to the community. Post your map and I will play it, trying to give you the best and most comprehensive review I can.

There are only 3 rules :

1) Playable in single player (even if it's a multi player map)
2) Works on 1.28
3) In English
Play my map, I'm not planning on updating it but it would still be nice to get a review
Demons Escape
Thanks in advance :D

Level 6
Sorry for the late reply! didn't expect so many!

Does a cinematic count?

EDIT: Check out these maps, they're worth a look: Ancient But Legendary Goodies

I watched some of them. Problem is, I can't say anything constructive about it. Unlike gameplay, I have no clue on the limitations of the W3 engine. I will say however that I liked them and the idea of uploading them to youtube is a good one.

Check out my map. Works from 1.27b to 1.29.

You can try with AI. Or better with friends for better experience.

RAINFALL v1.01

EDit : forget to add link.

I can see you put a lot of work into it. There are so many features and systems, for that you have my respect! Problem is, It's hard to judge such a map playing just in single player. One one hand, I can see that it is probably amazing and fun...however looking at this a little cynically and more realistically few people will play it. It has a steep learning curve and it's probably not balanced compared to vanilla, these are the type of things many RTS players care about. Theres also the fact that you need to play a lot of it and know the map before it becomes fun.

I would say however, that if you wanted to, you could chnage it in to an RPG/adventure map. There are many of those around and they are always fun. Northrend bound, founders of the north, and others. You wouldn't need to change much and add a bunch of other stuff, but in theory you have the ingredients for an amazing map! The question is of course, what you want to do.

Last edited:
Level 6
Play my map, I'm not planning on updating it but it would still be nice to get a review
Demons Escape
Thanks in advance :D

Honestly, there are 2 things to say. One one hand, this is a very amateur map, like something I would play 10 years ago. The numbers, the items, the heroes, monsters...everything is done in in a basic way.

HOWEVER! the idea is honestly great. I am sad that you don't continue with it. It is original, I have never heard a map like this. I had fun playing it. With a little work you could make an amazing map! Heres some things I would do: 1) Give the option to be a hero and build at the same time. This simple change would make your map unique. It would give people a lot of options on how to play the map. If you balance it properly, it will be a lot of fun and very replayable! 2) make less heroes/towers etc. There's just too much. Better to have a few good heroes than a dozen useless ones. 3) Make the maze shorter (or give the monsters a movement speed boost when in the maze) so you don't have to wait so much for mobs to appear.

These are just a few things. The main point is, that this map could be great with some work put into it!

I think this map is great for what it is trying to accomplish. I would add certain options to it like 1)blocking waygates that are not used, Opening gates after a certain time( 10 minutes) and fast start, where you get a certain number of resources, ability to disable neutral creeps... You could also make the main battle area a little larger.

Overall, this is a simple and fun map if you are into it. Theres not much you can do besides the convenience options to make it more fun.

Level 19
Honestly, there are 2 things to say. One one hand, this is a very amateur map, like something I would play 10 years ago. The numbers, the items, the heroes, monsters...everything is done in in a basic way.

HOWEVER! the idea is honestly great. I am sad that you don't continue with it. It is original, I have never heard a map like this. I had fun playing it. With a little work you could make an amazing map! Heres some things I would do: 1) Give the option to be a hero and build at the same time. This simple change would make your map unique. It would give people a lot of options on how to play the map. If you balance it properly, it will be a lot of fun and very replayable! 2) make less heroes/towers etc. There's just too much. Better to have a few good heroes than a dozen useless ones. 3) Make the maze shorter (or give the monsters a movement speed boost when in the maze) so you don't have to wait so much for mobs to appear.

These are just a few things. The main point is, that this map could be great with some work put into it!

I think this map is great for what it is trying to accomplish. I would add certain options to it like 1)blocking waygates that are not used, Opening gates after a certain time( 10 minutes) and fast start, where you get a certain number of resources, ability to disable neutral creeps... You could also make the main battle area a little larger.

Overall, this is a simple and fun map if you are into it. Theres not much you can do besides the convenience options to make it more fun.
you can build even if you chose to be a tower

th maze slows down the enemy yes but if they attack you can you even survive?

still thank you for the review, it is good to know I did something right

Level 6
sorry, I made a mistake when typing :D I know you can do both things. I wanted to say that it's a great idea for a map. I played for a few waves, but the heroes need a lot of balancing. I played with naga hero + made a bunch of cold towers. Really strong combination.

Overall, I hope you will work on it, or maybe other maps! you have potential!

Status
Not open for further replies.