• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I will play your custom maps and write about them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hey everyone, in September I would like to release a wc3 biweekly blog about the custom games I'm playing. I would love to develop a community there, including crossposting somewhere at the HIVE. At the moment I'm not going to write the blog until I know it's ok to crosspost here, etc. But for now I would really like to hear from map makers who want me to "review" their maps, by "review," I simply mean play for fun and write a short blurp about how I enjoyed it.

These are the rules.

1. I will never publish a negative review.
2. Your map won't harm my computer.
3. Posts may be shared and copied for your enjoyment and promotion. :^)

This is just for fun thing, and I don't intend to make a YouTube or monetize this in anyway. Thank you!

Level 21
No negative reviews?

Even if you didn't like the map, or how do you mean that?

Good idea nonetheless!

Last edited:
Hello Sir , its a nice idea,maybe try some of custom maps byx using this mod if you like it ofc
Check the link Warcraft Rebirth mod

And image below is look of dota 1(by icefrog) with the mod

Otherwise if this has nothing to do with your original idea,or my idea is bad . i suggest multiplayer custom maps: Vampirism Fire,Vampirism Beast ,WereWolf Transylvania - and some extremly funny and teamplay maps like : Are you a Retard ? , Pyramid Escape , Escape Gay Heaven,Run Kitty Run
oSnBbi5.png

Last edited:
Level 3
I appreciate the comments and feedback so far. Thank you, everyone.

Even if you didn't like the map, or how do you mean that?

Essentially what deepstrasz and Choasy suggest. There may be many reasons I won't review a map. But I won't deliberately say something negative to harm anyone. It's a rule I will always hold onto as I write this blog.

That said, constructive feedback?

Essentially I'm offering free UX design research and publicity.

So yes, every map I'll play is something I'll play as if I'm a newbie just wanting to enjoy a custom game.

If I have a suggestion or a question, I will write it in a way that is optimistic and show that from a UX design standpoint, I would've enjoyed to see or have done xyz.

Means, probably, that the user will only write the reviews to liked maps.

Right. Just highlighting this so others see.

Thank you for the first map submission. May I ask why you instruct your players to modify their registry to play the map? I might skip this game. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.