• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft III Custom Maps Review (Video)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
This is my review of Warcraft III custom maps, feature an in-depth review of the popular map... Defense of the Ancients: Allstars. The review has been promoted on the front page already, so this thread is for discussion. For those of you who haven't seen it yet, the links are posted below. The total length is over an hour long. Enjoy!

PART 1: Warcraft III Custom Maps Review - Part 1
PART 2: Warcraft III Custom Maps Review - Part 2
PART 3: Warcraft III Custom Maps Review - Part 3
PART 4: Warcraft III Custom Maps Review - Part 4
PART 5: Warcraft III Custom Maps Review - Part 5
PART 6: Warcraft III Custom Maps Review - Part 6
PART 7: Warcraft III Custom Maps Review - Part 7
PART 8: Warcraft III Custom Maps Review - Part 8
PART 9: Warcraft III Custom Maps Review - Part 9

Last edited:
Level 4
only beefs with the vid so far

line tower war is one of the greatest TDs on bnet. it started as one and it will always remain. its probly the send funnest (next to tower wars 1.77)

also i think it was poor that the video showed tower wars 2.1. that version literally raped the builders. it was originally 1.77 then some fags decided to customize the buildings and u get the crap 2.1. but tower wars is the best TD map (1.77 ofc)

finished it, thought it was really good, lets get it on TV.

also dota sucks /FLAME

Last edited:
Level 34
Have not yet watched: Oh and I hate to say it, but it looks a bit pro-DotA-ish to me, when staring at the titles info next to the videos.

Have been watching: It's quite good, but damn, you sound like you held your nose closed when you talked us through.

It looked very professional and easy to understand, included many maps and features like. Just fix the nose and you can sign up with some game(interview)company!

Last edited:
Level 19
Have not yet watched: Oh and I hate to say it, but it looks a bit pro-DotA-ish to me, when staring at the titles info next to the videos.

Have been watching: It's quite good, but damn, you sound like you held your nose closed when you talked us through.

It looked very professional and easy to understand, included many maps and features like. Just fix the nose and you can sign up with some game(interview)company!

I kinda noticed it too and it bugged me a bit but hey, it was good anyways.

Level 11
I felt it only right to return the favor. Thank you for your flattering review of Element TD. I can assure you that the game gets much better, soon...

In regards to your video review series, I liked it. Now that may not seem like it is saying much, but it really is. I watched all the parts, even though I don't play other custom maps anymore. I do agree with the nasal voice thing, but that doesn't really detract from the quality of the content.

Level 8
I appreciate everyone's comments. It does sound like I held my nose closed, but that's mainly because I actually sound like that if I talk to you face-to-face. Not much I can do about it, but I can make it up in everything else. I tried my best to explain and word things so that it could be understood by the outside world (that is, non-WC3 players). As much as we all hate DotA, it still amazing from an outsider's perspective that a user-generated scenario could have such a large player-base and a substantial influence in gaming.

Level 19
I appreciate everyone's comments. It does sound like I held my nose closed, but that's mainly because I actually sound like that if I talk to you face-to-face. Not much I can do about it, but I can make it up in everything else. I tried my best to explain and word things so that it could be understood by the outside world (that is, non-WC3 players). As much as we all hate DotA, it still amazing from an outsider's perspective that a user-generated scenario could have such a large player-base and a substantial influence in gaming.

It's not that bad either. We'll just have to get used to hearing your voice.

Level 4
Thanks for the positive review of my map, BattleShips Pro. Your reviews are very friendly to the layperson who hasn't played WarCraft before, and I appreciate the time and effort you spent creating the video series rather than a written review of each map. +REP

Level 8
Thanks for your feedback everyone. I appreciate it.

I've also released the unprotected versions of the S3 Marine Corps for those who are interested. Since I'm not working on it anymore, I might as well share it with the community. Feel free to take a look at it, or if you really wanted to, continue to work on it. Just make sure to retain credits! Link is below.

(12) S3 Marine Corps - Wc3campaigns

Level 6
Man, your review is so awesome that you should keep making these reviews about good and bad maps and post here. I'm sure every map maker would consider it an honor to have his/her map reviewed by you, as some showed here on this topic thanking you.

I'm sure you covered some of the most played and/or most polished maps, but obviously there are more on these categories that could recieve a nice review such as this you've made.

Again, I'd like to thank for your time making such a good job =]

Level 22
I coulden't stop watching seriosly, very awesome and +rep you for it. But about DotA, it is very good game now, but it just takes off all other games on battle net, almoust only DotA is played on battle net this days, wich makes people hate DotA. I for example, do sometimes start hating DotA for this reason.

Level 35
What a nice, indepth review of many different genres created in just one game! It's simply amazing how much capability Warcraft 3 fans have with the World Editor. Sometimes it's wonderful to see such creations, other times nauseating... (Don't Move the Tauren? But I just ate...). Anyway, good job! I hope that one day you will review my creations. For now, they are yet to be completed... :'(

Level 12
Great reviews! They were all well research and thought out, and thats pretty much a must when reviewing like that!

And I guess I'll thank you for reviewing Undead Assault, considering the maker doesnt vist here often. +rep

Status
Not open for further replies.