1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Warcraft III Custom Maps Review (Video)

Discussion in 'Warcraft Discussion' started by SentryIII, Dec 25, 2008.

1. SentryIII

SentryIII

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This is my review of Warcraft III custom maps, feature an in-depth review of the popular map... Defense of the Ancients: Allstars. The review has been promoted on the front page already, so this thread is for discussion. For those of you who haven't seen it yet, the links are posted below. The total length is over an hour long. Enjoy!

PART 1: Warcraft III Custom Maps Review - Part 1
    PART 2: Warcraft III Custom Maps Review - Part 2
    PART 3: Warcraft III Custom Maps Review - Part 3
    PART 4: Warcraft III Custom Maps Review - Part 4
    PART 5: Warcraft III Custom Maps Review - Part 5
    PART 6: Warcraft III Custom Maps Review - Part 6
    PART 7: Warcraft III Custom Maps Review - Part 7
    PART 8: Warcraft III Custom Maps Review - Part 8
    PART 9: Warcraft III Custom Maps Review - Part 9

Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
  2. redmarine

redmarine

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I've already seen it. I have to agree with your review on "Don't move the Tauren!" map lol.
    BTW it seemed like you weren't so thrilled to review DotA, which is understandable nevertheless.

Great reviews!

3. ArneXis

ArneXis

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Very very impressive.

4. bobmanone

bobmanone

Resources:
    Resources:
    only beefs with the vid so far

line tower war is one of the greatest TDs on bnet. it started as one and it will always remain. its probly the send funnest (next to tower wars 1.77)

also i think it was poor that the video showed tower wars 2.1. that version literally raped the builders. it was originally 1.77 then some fags decided to customize the buildings and u get the crap 2.1. but tower wars is the best TD map (1.77 ofc)

finished it, thought it was really good, lets get it on TV.

also dota sucks /FLAME

Last edited: Dec 25, 2008
  5. Emperor_Jackal

Emperor_Jackal

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The way you said that made it so lulish :xxd:

;) +rep

Last edited: Dec 25, 2008
  6. TheDivineBoss

TheDivineBoss

Resources:
    Resources:
    Have not yet watched: Oh and I hate to say it, but it looks a bit pro-DotA-ish to me, when staring at the titles info next to the videos.

Have been watching: It's quite good, but damn, you sound like you held your nose closed when you talked us through.

It looked very professional and easy to understand, included many maps and features like. Just fix the nose and you can sign up with some game(interview)company!

Last edited: Dec 26, 2008
  7. redmarine

redmarine

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I kinda noticed it too and it bugged me a bit but hey, it was good anyways.

8. Karawasa

Karawasa

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I felt it only right to return the favor. Thank you for your flattering review of Element TD. I can assure you that the game gets much better, soon...

In regards to your video review series, I liked it. Now that may not seem like it is saying much, but it really is. I watched all the parts, even though I don't play other custom maps anymore. I do agree with the nasal voice thing, but that doesn't really detract from the quality of the content.

9. SentryIII

SentryIII

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I appreciate everyone's comments. It does sound like I held my nose closed, but that's mainly because I actually sound like that if I talk to you face-to-face. Not much I can do about it, but I can make it up in everything else. I tried my best to explain and word things so that it could be understood by the outside world (that is, non-WC3 players). As much as we all hate DotA, it still amazing from an outsider's perspective that a user-generated scenario could have such a large player-base and a substantial influence in gaming.

10. redmarine

redmarine

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It's not that bad either. We'll just have to get used to hearing your voice.

11. SentryIII

SentryIII

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  12. i_mOck_death

i_mOck_death

Resources:
    Resources:
    it was a very good review for all games and all your reviews made sense and it was very professionally done +rep

13. TheImmortalOne

TheImmortalOne

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks for the positive review of my map, BattleShips Pro. Your reviews are very friendly to the layperson who hasn't played WarCraft before, and I appreciate the time and effort you spent creating the video series rather than a written review of each map. +REP

14. 1)ark_NiTe

1)ark_NiTe

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
  15. Mechanical Man

Mechanical Man

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I hoped to see more reviews about singleplayer maps, maybe shorter so they can fit, because there are many gameplay types of them.

16. Yearight

Yearight

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    +rep for gettin rid of the circle :p and very well done. I thought at first it was computer generated voice..

17. Nudl9

Nudl9

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This video map review was just amazing!
    I really hope that you will make a new map review video someday.
    +rep!

18. SentryIII

SentryIII

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks for your feedback everyone. I appreciate it.

I've also released the unprotected versions of the S3 Marine Corps for those who are interested. Since I'm not working on it anymore, I might as well share it with the community. Feel free to take a look at it, or if you really wanted to, continue to work on it. Just make sure to retain credits! Link is below.

(12) S3 Marine Corps - Wc3campaigns

19. mecatronic

mecatronic

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Man, your review is so awesome that you should keep making these reviews about good and bad maps and post here. I'm sure every map maker would consider it an honor to have his/her map reviewed by you, as some showed here on this topic thanking you.

I'm sure you covered some of the most played and/or most polished maps, but obviously there are more on these categories that could recieve a nice review such as this you've made.

Again, I'd like to thank for your time making such a good job =]

20. bounty hunter2

bounty hunter2

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You do nice reviews, you have a fitting voice for it, if you could include just a bit more emotions in it would be perfect. Try applying to game sites for jobs =)