• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Expansion for Warcraft III ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, i was wondering if Blizard is macking a new Expansion for the Warcraft III and i was thinking hmmm...If it is possible that we make a new Expansion for Warcraft III the name would be Fall of the Lich King,if u ask why Fall of the Lich King i will tell u ,Becouse the Lich King has taken the andventage of the Humans,Night Elfs and Orcs.If somebody dosent know the Lich King is now Arthas of course my Illidan is my best char so he will be alive and we will need to make a naga race.

Now all new stuff in the Expansion are:New races:Dwarfs,Elfs,High Elfs,Blood elf,Warlocks,Taurens,,Demons,Naga and half Naga half Elf

New skins for the races,new storys,new,spells,new heros

Now the big part is:The Menu in Warcraft III and that this campingig is not in a custome secion,wee will need to creat a good story...

My offer is :To make a story i have meany ideas,i can do the terrain with some people,i am not good a triggers,importing and skinig i can do the Object editors and that is all i can offer.

I was wondering if u can make this topic a forum

Level 32
The Hive Workshop's general Warcraft forum is:

Gamer's Hub > Warcraft Discussion > Warcraft Discussion Forum
Here users may discuss anything related to Blizzards popular game series, Warcraft, may it be about custom maps you have played, lore questions, melee strategies and whatever else you may see fit.

World Editor Help Zone > World Editor FAQ & Guidelines
This forum was made in order to help you solve problems with Spells, Triggers, Scripts, and other issues of Blizzard's Warcraft III World Editor.
~ Thread moved to Warcraft Discussion.

Last edited:
OK,srry for this but dosent some one have a idea or can help me i have 2 frends but i need more.Wolverabid can u help or Tim,MySpaceBarBroke,HappyTauren,camel's_hump,Elenai
-The EPIC-,Werewulf,THE_END......

[EDIT by Wolve]

Community > FAQ > THW Rules > Going Off-Topic
Users should maintain the integrity of thread topics and post in any thread only to reply to its subject. Posters may not go off-topic in any thread without a valid reason.

Users that consistently vary from thread subjects by posting off-topic replies may be warned or receive negative reputation penalties.

Moderators may delete off-topic posts at any time, without warning.
Please maintain the integrity of thread topics. Thanks.

~ Thread cleaned.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 45
No, definitly no, VERY NO.

1. This will never work.
2. You cant just simply ADD new lore like that if your trying to make something so big and "offical like"
3. BARELY NO ONE OR ANYONE WILL WORK ON IT.
4. cbf
5. Seems like some fan based thing, not logic based thing. Considering warlocks arnt a friggin race and nearly all High elf are DEAD.
6. Iv seen shit like this before, EG. TERRANUP16 (on fucking 3 occasions) and shit like this WONT WORK no matter how many people eg, TERRANUP16 brainwashes with his delusions.
7. This is better off as some fan based compaign, not some Super fancy new expansion mimic treated like some huge ass project.
8. Things like this dont take days, weeks or months to complete. THEY TAKE YEARS.

Level 8
Hos

What about heart of storms? It's a big project and it has been in the works since 2002 (That's what the site claims) and it will be released. I also heard the story fits in the Warcraft universe...
Check it out at...
hos.samods.org

And they also released a trailer on You Tube.

Level 45
oh shit samods >.> I hope this has nothing to do with terranup
I told everyone, no one listened, instead they said i was jealous, a mod even threatened to give me a warning/punishment, shigee said suck at working in a team and I "didnt have faith in the community". terran boasted around 8 months ago they would have a demo in 3 months, 5 months past and nothing but 5 sketches (dont ask how i know this *cough*) for the "project" and lie of its progress saying its going "smooth", yes, smooth considering samods is even more dead than it was before I said the project wont work.
I gave him simple guide lines on how to recruit people and even made him a form. But nope, he just lets people join if they can friggin make a gun or a tank or person with the skill of some first time milkshape user.

Iv been in COS ( a 3rd person game project), good learning experience but driven by blind hope and determination and an egocentric IDIOT (shigee/wagga wagga) who would recruit people that just friggin dled max and didnt even know how to use it yet and boasting of his bs skills and comparing to other members.

Iv been in terranups troll project, treated me with schedules and shit, as if I was being paid. He was going in the wrong direction, asked people to mod other peoples stuff so they can be used in HIS troll project and other stupid bs, like claiming my logo work and saying it was done by another person just because they added text and flames.

Iv also been in jaakos panda project, it was far better than terrans bs, but I have realife issues that are more important and I dont work like im some robot.

But serioulsly. Iv had my bad experiences and from what i can tell, MOST FAIL and a large waste of time if leaded by people who only want to do the "Leading","designing" and "telling people what to do".

Im just really tired of it, its pretty much too late to start any big project as in 3 years wc3 will seem pretty low, old and rusty.

As for your question, I really REALLY doubt there will be a new expansion considering wc3 is like, what? 5 years old now? a old engine in todays standards, not worth spending 1-2years making an expansion for an old engine.

Level 35
Indeed...The internet community is all that is left of real warcraft3 life.

Battle.net has been infested by DOTA, and the greats of modding have left long ago....We are dying day by day, as WoW and DOTA drive people out, and as we get older and bored.

And "talented members" "Elenai -The EPIC-"....I am quite flattered. But I can't join. I am doing too much right now. I am working in a few contests and I am planning on devoting the rest of my time to Space Elven production after that....and when inspiration arises do a few prophecies.

Level 14
The fact that Blizzard hasn't released a sizable patch since 2005 should give you the answer.
of course they did, if I recall correctly, the patch with terrain functions was released in 2006
We are dying day by day, as WoW and DOTA drive people out, and as we get older and bored.
damn

hell if the host didn't kick me for downloading, I would have played AotZ today :S

Level 7
Wc3 is not dead. Sure is that WoW steals time and Dota slowly corrupts the whole system but such pessimism is only too much down. Every day new players (N00bs) come to play wc3 as its interesting - everyone knows that. And also cause, cause of some miracle i lost 75% of my interest in WoW and learned proper mapping (through im the worst JASS writer EVER born on earth) i know that many people wont lose their interest in wc3 for maaaaaany years. The only problem left is Dota^^...

Level 36
Yeah, but there is no real interest in the game. Blizzard has discontinued patching WC3, no new content is added, face it, it's not pessimism it's reality. Blizzard is focused on WoW, and they are not ever going to make another WC3 expansion.

Notice it took them 1 year to release Frozen Throne? That's it. If they planned on making another one, it would have come out almost 4 years ago now.

Plus, there is absolutely no plot, since WoW basically picks up right where WC3 left off, and as WoW explains, nothing much has happened in between.

The expansion you all dream of will never be made.

Level 7
after playing through both roc and tft i think it would be hard to make another expansion due to what happen in the story. the humans were pretty much obliterated, in the end it pretty much was split into 2 sides and i don't see this game going any farther. WoW was the expansion lol, but if they make another one id buy it.

Brad, you made me so depressed. >.<

Yea, I guess we have to face it, we can only pray for Warcraft 4.

The Wc3 spirit still lives, but WoW, god it cut into the story line tooo much.

You can kill legendary heroes and it is all crap... The only addicting thing about it is pwning, gaining levels, skills, and traveling the world. There isn't much other than that. If not for the damn monthly fees, every one would be sucked into it. *Sigh* Blizzard seems like some crap on the floor now. I wanted WoW before w3x came out until I finally got it and realized it requires monthly fees.

... aw, I guess I'll just have to hack it. xD

Level 7
yeah i was never too fond of WoW either, i was addicted for a few weeks.. got to about lvl 30 then i started to plateau and got bored. after losing every damn game in battle grounds, i think i recall 2 wins out of 100 games not including the bigger map that only high lvls were allowed in. then i got to lvl 60 and found out that the guilds were pretty much every man for themselves and didn't bother helping under privileged classes. but most of all i hated paying 15 bucks a month to get my ass handed to me in PvP, and the twinks that would get early epics and just own.

Level 7
Yeah, I raped face in PVP so that wasn't a problem for me, it was just the repeated destruction of the story, the mindless questing, and the spam. I mean Barrens Chat is hell. NEVER go there unless you want to suffer.

But yeah, Warcraft 4.... if anything...

i think it has alot to do with the server i was in, kirin tor was a horrible server that was horde ruled. alliance is just a bunch of monkeys running around wsg and the other one. the grinding was insane in that game... took me over 6 months to get to lvl 60 then i just quit. i lost interest in it very fast compared to all these people who are addicted to it. don't get me wrong, i think its a wonderful game but they could do so much to it to make it better.

Level 14
We've gone OT.

We are actually able to make a graphic modification of the game, and I think that's the best thing to-do. No, custom story will suck. Better is to improve the quality of skins and models in-game, add some more and improve the races with new units.

Level 8
I can help, or try atleast, last night I terrained a crater, but I didnt save it. So I can try to terrain atleast.

Level 34
I could run WoW fine on my 7 year old computer, at max everything, so I dunno what your problem is Gilles.

Bullshit. Absolute bullshit. 7 years ago you would have had to spend a shit load of money to get a computer that could run WoW on full. What's its RAM and Graphics card? 512 and 265?

This is my parents computer first off, so they choose the specs. It has 1 gig ram, 80 gig HD, and 2.78 GHz. It's good for everything but gaming. My Dad chose not to install a graphics card.

Level 26
Half-elf half-Naga wouldn't work

Naga are reptiles. Elves are mammals. The two are clearly not even in the same order of creatures, and therefore cannot mate
Who knows? They both started out as a mutation of the highborne, did they not? The Naga might not be completely sea serpent.

Status
Not open for further replies.