• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I need help with making a gate targetable by AI units.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Ok, so i have a gate set up. And i have triggers that spawn units that will attack move to a region inside the gated area, obviously, since the gate is a destructable the units dont attack it and just sit next to it. So i tried to retrigger it so the units target the gate till the gate is destroyed and then they target the region inside. But the only way to do this that i could see, was attack destructable in which case they do not attack move to the gate, and rather just attack the gate, i.e. units are attackign them and all they do is go for gate and ignore units.

So to fix this i tried to make a "gate" unit so the units could just attack move to it. But i could not get the collosion right, they just walk thru it, and when the gate is attacked it doesnt play the effect of the gate being hit like the destructable.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Level 4
I want the units to attack the gate not just have it blow up when they reach it.

Level 4
Hmmm, that could work. But that means they will ignore units hitting them til the gate is down. I'm sure i could mess with random stuff like is attacked attack back or w/e but... That will probably work ill just change the scenario a bit so they wont be getting attacked once they reach the gate thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.