• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Gate of Babylon help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I see this fairly often in anime maps but how does one go about making a Gate of Babylon spell?

For those who don't know, Gate of Babylon is an ability of Gilgamesh, a character from a series called Fate/Stay Night. Gate of Babylon, opens up a gate behind Gilgamesh and shoots out countless weapons from another dimension.

To do this in Warcraft, I think I need a dummy unit for the gate. Create it in the same facing as the hero and then summon dummy units at random flyheights to serve as the sfx for weapons being launched.

But how do the swords work? Are they missles that are launched by dummies using the attack ground command? Or are they dummy units themselves that move and damage units in their range?

Level 22
But how do the swords work? Are they missles that are launched by dummies using the attack ground command? Or are they dummy units themselves that move and damage units in their range?
Well, they can work that way. But I think it's always better to trigger the movement yourself because it can give you more options for some stuffs later on.

Level 21
Hm that sounds pretty interesting actually.
I'm curious what the result looks like.

Also: you could use whirling swords or so as missiles, pretty sure there are some custom resources like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.