• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

gates and walls....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
hi guys
I am trying to introduce two new buildings: gates and walls.I want the gates to be opened,too.
I think there are already some model files in the doodad for these three.in truth I didn't find model file for the opened gate yet
I think opening the gate should with an ability that when is used,new unit(opened gate) is created in the place of the closed gate.
when changed the model file of the guard tower the image was fine but the collision size is just like a normal guard tower.
can we control X,Y coordinates of the collision size,or how could it be done?
appreciate your help
thank you

Level 8
Here is a more simple way to do it.

When you build a wall have the spell open/close on them

When you click open make it so the unit changes to a unit what has no pathing or colossion what ever it is. and when you use close it changes back.

Status
Not open for further replies.